The Student Room Group

'Pass Mark' for DWP Interviews

I had an interview for a Learning Development Officer post, and still awaiting an email saying if I've been successful or not. I've got some feed back with marks 4,4,5 but then it says total marks 29 ...I've no idea where the other marks have came from so assume that the feedback is incomplete. I don't want to email the recruitment team as I already emailed them at the beginning of the week asking if they've completed all interviews etc.

Scroll to see replies

My update on the CS site says 27. And yes, I've emailed them so many times for the outcome as it was meant to have been last week. I think your marks are for strengths as I have strengths listed, so you did well. And I also have a short general remark. I've emailed them so many times. Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by BobCat55
My update on the CS site says 27. And yes, I've emailed them so many times for the outcome as it was meant to have been last week. I think your marks are for strengths as I have strengths listed, so you did well. And I also have a short general remark. I've emailed them so many times. Good luck.

Thank you - I have nothing listed under my strengths, which is very reassuring - not!! :s-smilie:
And I'm glad I'm not the only one to email them!!

** I've just emailed them (again) asking when we will find out yes/no for definite - so I'll let you know if / when I get a response!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Does anyone know what the score is out of? Can't find any information about it online and the Work Coach role seems to be scored slightly differently (I've applied for both).
Reply 4
Original post by MissC*
Does anyone know what the score is out of? Can't find any information about it online and the Work Coach role seems to be scored slightly differently (I've applied for both).

Some of the positions I've seen on the internet suggests 50 and others 33, so I'm guessing it depends what role. My brother works for CS and he thought it was 25 - who knows?
I just think it's not on to give feedback that doesn't even add up and not to let us know if we've been successful or not.
Reply 5
Original post by paulastamp
Some of the positions I've seen on the internet suggests 50 and others 33, so I'm guessing it depends what role. My brother works for CS and he thought it was 25 - who knows?
I just think it's not on to give feedback that doesn't even add up and not to let us know if we've been successful or not.

Indeed. I'd rather just know before I'm given detailed feedback as you're more likely to stress and wonder. Also, they should definitely say what the score is out of. If it's out of 50 or out of 33 makes a massive difference to how well I've done!
Reply 6

Did you apply for an work coach roles as well? I was trying to cover all my bases 😅
I have no idea what the pass mark is. I scored 35 and got rejected after interview... this was last year though. I think it depends on how many roles are available and what the other candidate scores are
Reply 8
Original post by MissC*
Did you apply for an work coach roles as well? I was trying to cover all my bases 😅

I didn't see that job advertised - was it local (NE) too? I've just finished my teacher training but there's not many jobs around due to Covid (just my luck), so saw the LDO and thought its something I could do!
Reply 9
Original post by S1elyak1
I have no idea what the pass mark is. I scored 35 and got rejected after interview... this was last year though. I think it depends on how many roles are available and what the other candidate scores are

There were 57 roles in this area alone - so not sure how many people they'll have interviewed.
Reply 10
Original post by S1elyak1

Oh wow! That's high surely? Did you try again? I was a bit put off by it being for 6 months to begin with but I figured they will be needing people for a good while to come.
Reply 11
I didn't see that job advertised - was it local (NE) too? I've just finished my teacher training but there's not many jobs around due to Covid (just my luck), so saw the LDO and thought its something I could do!

I'm North West based. As a qualified teacher I'd think you had the right skills for both roles. Of course who am I to judge. I'm in the same boat as you 😅
Original post by MissC*
I'm North West based. As a qualified teacher I'd think you had the right skills for both roles. Of course who am I to judge. I'm in the same boat as you 😅

Haha, yeah! I just can't understand how they can release feedback and not let people know if they've got the job or not! Is it the same for the Work Coach positions as well - are you still waiting to hear back from them?
Reply 13
Haha, yeah! I just can't understand how they can release feedback and not let people know if they've got the job or not! Is it the same for the Work Coach positions as well - are you still waiting to hear back from them?

I only completed my interview (which was a prerecorded one) on Tuesday so I don't foresee hearing back for at least 2/3 weeks 🤷🏻*♀️. I emailed DWP to ask what the scores are out of. Hopefully that will offer some clarity.
Reply 14
It varies according to post/department it seems tbh.

But generally 7 is the highest out there.
Reply 15
Thank you - I have nothing listed under my strengths, which is very reassuring - not!! :s-smilie:
And I'm glad I'm not the only one to email them!!

** I've just emailed them (again) asking when we will find out yes/no for definite - so I'll let you know if / when I get a response!

I've also applied for this role and emailed them yesterday to ask about it :smile:. They said results released in the very near future, I'm hoping with this feedback that if we don't hear today it should be Monday! I hope they let you know a definite! Good luck folks
Original post by Budcat
I've also applied for this role and emailed them yesterday to ask about it :smile:. They said results released in the very near future, I'm hoping with this feedback that if we don't hear today it should be Monday! I hope they let you know a definite! Good luck folks

I did the same - emailed them on Wednesday and they said the results of the interviews will 'be released very soon'... probably just copy & pasted the same reply to everyone :shock:
Original post by MissC*
Oh wow! That's high surely? Did you try again? I was a bit put off by it being for 6 months to begin with but I figured they will be needing people for a good while to come.

I didn’t try again no I just accepted the job that I had already been offered. I think the one I applied for was a permanent role. Yeah definitely because as soon as you pass your probation you can apply for internal jobs
There were 57 roles in this area alone - so not sure how many people they'll have interviewed.

They’ll have interviewed quite a lot. For my current role there were 5 jobs available and they interviewed 30 people a day for 5 days and this was way before Covid and high unemployment rates. However, if you pass the interview they keep a reserve list for 6-12 months depending on the role (not all roles have them though). Over a year later and my department are still hiring from that same reserve list
Reply 19
Really? Even though it's a fixed term role?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending