The Student Room Group

Anybody ever used equivalent testing.com?

Hey, I'm really struggling with the company 'Equivelanttesting.com' I have to re-take my maths GCSE for my teacher training course. My uni recommends this company, but I have sent money to them and not received a single email response to my emails and also their phone line is inaccessible. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

My exam is due tomorrow and I have a feeling it's not going ahead. Feels like a scam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Straight up don't worry, my wife just used this company and had no problems. They are super difficult to get through to, they seem to very very strict on when they accept the applications for any specific examination. I had sent money and was freaking out because like you, I got nothing back. I eventually got through to them and they sent everything she needed to do the exam online, just keep trying you will get through eventually!
Reply 2
Original post by JS9988
Straight up don't worry, my wife just used this company and had no problems. They are super difficult to get through to, they seem to very very strict on when they accept the applications for any specific examination. I had sent money and was freaking out because like you, I got nothing back. I eventually got through to them and they sent everything she needed to do the exam online, just keep trying you will get through eventually!

Thank you sooo much for the response. It's massively appreciated. It's always scary handing over money and not having any confirmation. I will keep persevering! Thanks again.
Reply 3
Original post by EBriggs763
Thank you sooo much for the response. It's massively appreciated. It's always scary handing over money and not having any confirmation. I will keep persevering! Thanks again.

They were absolutely rubbish for me too. Said they hadn't received my money when it haf clearly been transferred. The woman on the phone was unbelievably rude.
Reply 4
Has anyone done the Maths with ET? Worried as you cant use pen and paper? I mean how do you work out your answers?Any help would be appreciated.
Reply 5
Not Maths. Just Biology. Has anyone teceived their results? They said two weeks and it is now over that time and I need the results for Uni registration.

Has anyone else had this issue? X
Reply 6
Ergh. THIS COMPANY DRIVE ME MAD! I've had zero confirmation, paid and no results and it's been nearly three weeks.
Ergh. THIS COMPANY DRIVE ME MAD! I've had zero confirmation, paid and no results and it's been nearly three weeks.

I have had the same experience with this company. Nothing but stress! I took my exam on the 25th of August and have still not received my results. I have phone and emailed and was told I would receive an emailed 14 working days after and feedback in the post. I’m on the 16th working day today and still not received a thing!!!
Original post by sogar
Has anyone done the Maths with ET? Worried as you cant use pen and paper? I mean how do you work out your answers?Any help would be appreciated.

You are allowed one piece of paper and pen in front of you during the exam but you must try and show your workings out in the box provided in the test also. I wish I would have been able to do the test for real, the old fashioned way to be honest as I found the typing the answers etc to take up a lot of the 1 hours time per exam. Hope that helps.

Have you received your results yet? @EBriggs763?
Original post by LottieR19
Have you received your results yet? @EBriggs763?

No. Have you?
Original post by CCShires
No. Have you?

No 🙈 when did you take your test?
No 🙈 when did you take your test?

26th. You?
26th. You?

25th
25th

Have you managed to make contact with them?
Have you managed to make contact with them?

I phoned them at the beginning of last week and was told that the results wouldnt be ready yet because it hadn’t been the 14 working days. They said that I would receive and email with the pass/fail result and then feedback in the post. None of which I have received. Have you spoken to them? I don’t know what to do now?
Reply 16
Original post by JS9988

Do you know how the exam was set up? Did your wife receive an email with the exam attached or did she have to screen share with the invigilator?
I phoned them at the beginning of last week and was told that the results wouldnt be ready yet because it hadn’t been the 14 working days. They said that I would receive and email with the pass/fail result and then feedback in the post. None of which I have received. Have you spoken to them? I don’t know what to do now?

Exactly the same happened to me. I was promised a result by email but have received nothing. It's worrying because I only have until the end of November to pass. I wonder if there is anyone we can make a complaint to? Some sort of examination Ombudsmen?!
Reply 18
Exactly the same happened to me. I was promised a result by email but have received nothing. It's worrying because I only have until the end of November to pass. I wonder if there is anyone we can make a complaint to? Some sort of examination Ombudsmen?!

Hey, what was the exam set up like online? like were you allowed a spare sheet of paper for workings out or did you do all of your workings out on the online test?
Reply 19
Sorry to all those messages I haven't responded to. I do not come on here often. I have received nothing and zero responses to calls and emails. Really disappointing my university uses this company.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending