The Student Room Group

Which universities have the best and worst branding?

I'll start off with The University of Warwick. I'm really not a fan of their branding. The "W" often looks like some strange vampire teeth and I don't like the "Warwick - The University of Warwick", Do they really need to mention a town they aren't even in twice in their logo?
Ooooh this is a super interesting thread idea. I agree Warwick branding isn’t great. It’s literally just a W.

I think Manchester’s is pretty great especially considering how the purple appears a lot on campus.

Imperial’s is also pretty good. The font is very solid.
Reply 2
The university of Sheffield has a full stop in their logo and on a lot of branding and I hate it so MUCH
Original post by Lightning720

I'll start off with The University of Warwick. I'm really not a fan of their branding. The "W" often looks like some strange vampire teeth and I don't like the "Warwick - The University of Warwick", Do they really need to mention a town they aren't even in twice in their logo?

The University of Bolton logo is an artistic masterpiece, probably made on Microsoft Paint
Original post by A Rolling Stone
The University of Bolton logo is an artistic masterpiece, probably made on Microsoft Paint

The random swishy s shape 😭
University of Cumbria was U *** at one point!
I've never liked the LSE branding but I'm not sure why. It just seems really unappealing to me
Original post by jemima0103
I've never liked the LSE branding but I'm not sure why. It just seems really unappealing to me

You are wrong

You are right
I love the University of York branding, and although I'm not a fan of Lincoln, I won a competition at the Lincolnshire show last year and the University of Lincoln sent me loads of branded stuff, so I've kind of got a soft spot for their branding
Original post by Whatisizekiah
You are wrong

It just looks so basic
It just looks so basic

I disagree. The red stand out. And the font is not generic. The way the S is shaped and the long L but short base.
I like the QM logo

But maybe I’m just biased 🤭
(edited 3 years ago)
LSE's is memorable.

Not a fan of generic shields like Loughborough's.
I'm also not a fan of Sheffield's branding. Or Nottingham's tower logo.
QMUL probably has the best one.
Original post by aeruk
The university of Sheffield has a full stop in their logo and on a lot of branding and I hate it so MUCH

It would be nice to know why they decided to chuck a full stop in there. Maybe they thought it would help them stand out that bit more?

Quick Reply

Latest