The Student Room Group

Can I use BTEC Business to do law at a russel group uni?

I have chosen BTEC Business Extended Diploma and I want to know if I can study law at a russel group university. I have checked numerous russel groups and they say you need DDD/D*D*D something like that and it doesn't say what other subjects you need. Can you actually use a btec to go into law? I'm worried that I won't be able to do law but can someone tell me that I can.
Original post by DeItaReality
I have chosen BTEC Business Extended Diploma and I want to know if I can study law at a russel group university. I have checked numerous russel groups and they say you need DDD/D*D*D something like that and it doesn't say what other subjects you need. Can you actually use a btec to go into law? I'm worried that I won't be able to do law but can someone tell me that I can.

Yes its fine, unless you are talking about the elites at the top of RG, which will really require A levels and they might allow you to use about 1/3 in BTEC.
Original post by 999tigger
Yes its fine, unless you are talking about the elites at the top of RG, which will really require A levels and they might allow you to use about 1/3 in BTEC.

What do you mean the elites at the top of RG? You mean the top 5? I have checked uob,exeter,warwick and a couple of mote and it doesn't require a levels to study law.

I have checked Durham University and it says you need a level 3 nation extended diploma and need to get D*DD in order to do law. Am I correct?
What do you mean the elites at the top of RG? You mean the top 5? I have checked uob,exeter,warwick and a couple of mote and it doesn't require a levels to study law.

Yes.
Are they the elites?
Yes.
Are they the elites?

Uob is 13th, warwick is like 12th and exeter is like 11th?
Yes.
Are they the elites?

Lancaster University is like 8th and it says it accepts BTEC extended diploma. I checked for law and it says you need DDD.
Uob is 13th, warwick is like 12th and exeter is like 11th?

If thats where you are applying and the entrance requirements match, then you are golden. If you arent applying for the elites, the same.

So back to the main question, the answer being yes and you can use it for most unis.
(edited 3 years ago)
If thats where you are applying and the entrance requirements match, then you are golden. If you arent applying for the elites, the same.

Won't the entry requirements change every year?
Won't the entry requirements change every year?

You are talking about the acceptance of BTEC or not. They have the potential to change but that tends to be slow.
If you are applying to a uni that accepts BTEC and that is what you have then I cant see the issue or the need for further discussion.
Reply 10
You are talking about the acceptance of BTEC or not. They have the potential to change but that tends to be slow.
If you are applying to a uni that accepts BTEC and that is what you have then I cant see the issue or the need for further discussion.

Is Law at Warwick with a btec realistic? I’d love to study law but I never even thought about it because so do a btec.

Aren’t there much more stronger competitors out there?
I've known someone go to Exeter to read Law with a BTEC in Business, OCR National in ICT and A level Law. However, she dropped out of the course as she found it too demanding.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by S1M001
Is Law at Warwick with a btec realistic? I’d love to study law but I never even thought about it because so do a btec.

Aren’t there much more stronger competitors out there?

At warwick university it says it does accept BTEC Extended diploma by itself. This is the entry requirement for Warwick university for law.
We welcome applications from students taking BTECs. Our typical offers are as follows:

BTEC Extended Diploma: D*DD
BTEC Diploma alongside one A level: D*D plus grade A in one A level
BTEC Extended Certificate alongside two A levels: Distinction plus grades AA in two A levels
At warwick university it says it does accept BTEC Extended diploma by itself. This is the entry requirement for Warwick university for law.
We welcome applications from students taking BTECs. Our typical offers are as follows:

BTEC Extended Diploma: D*DD
BTEC Diploma alongside one A level: D*D plus grade A in one A level
BTEC Extended Certificate alongside two A levels: Distinction plus grades AA in two A levels

There might be strong competitors but doesn't the university also look for enrichment, personal statement and other things that boost your university application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending