The Student Room Group

Queen Mary - 500 new clearing spaces!

Hi everyone!

Following the recent government announcement, Queen Mary have opened up an extra 500 places to clearing applicants.

These are available from now across a number of subject areas, excluding medicine and dentistry.

Check our online course finder for courses available: https://search.qmul.ac.uk/s/search.html?collection=queenmary-coursefinder- undergraduate-meta&query=&sort=title

Maryam
QMUL TSR Student Rep

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
How long will it take for queen mary to accept/ deny our clearing offer
Original post by okikagu
How long will it take for queen mary to accept/ deny our clearing offer

Hi, @okikagu! Once you get a verbal offer from QMUL during the call, you should receive an email with instructions on how to refer yourself to QMUL on UCAS Track. Once you've done that, it might take a while for the offer to switch to unconditional.

Hope that helps,
Amaya,
QMUL Student Ambassador.
I had an offer from QMUL but because i didn't meet the entry grade requirements (ABB), i didnt get accepted, i called QM up and they said theyll hold my offer open until 7th september. but because of the u-turn the grades have changed from ABB to AAA, is it possible i can still get accepted to dentistry as the entry requirements are A*AA. is it possible to do a foundation year to lower the entry requirements?
Original post by johngabbana
I had an offer from QMUL but because i didn't meet the entry grade requirements (ABB), i didnt get accepted, i called QM up and they said theyll hold my offer open until 7th september. but because of the u-turn the grades have changed from ABB to AAA, is it possible i can still get accepted to dentistry as the entry requirements are A*AA. is it possible to do a foundation year to lower the entry requirements?

Hi John,

I think it’s best for you to contact the Barts admission team directly about this question. You can email them at [email protected] or call them on 020 7882 8478 or 020 7882 2240.

Hope you get answers!

Maryam
Reply 6
Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Hi John,

I think it’s best for you to contact the Barts admission team directly about this question. You can email them at [email protected] or call them on 020 7882 8478 or 020 7882 2240.

Hope you get answers!

Maryam

Hello,do you know if i apply through clearing for politics having DDM in btec national diploma,can i get accepted,it says yes on the website but i just want to confirm.Also,what number should i call to apply?
Original post by Safta
Hello,do you know if i apply through clearing for politics having DDM in btec national diploma,can i get accepted,it says yes on the website but i just want to confirm.Also,what number should i call to apply?

Hi,

Congratulations on achieving the required grades!

My best advice would be to contact the clearing hotline directly and they’d be able to either offer you the space or transfer you to the appropriate school (School of Politics and International Relations).

Admissions phone line: 0207 882 5511.

The line is operating with limited opening hours from Monday 24 August.

Monday to Friday
10.00am 12.00pm
2.00pm 4.00pm

Hope that helps!

Maryam
QMUL must be getting really desperate.

Clearly lots of their Clearing or Insurance folk have dropped out now they've got the grades to go to their Firm.
Makes sense - why would you want to spend 3 years in ... Mile End, when you could go somewhere else.
Reply 9
Original post by McGinger
QMUL must be getting really desperate.

Clearly lots of their Clearing or Insurance folk have dropped out now they've got the grades to go to their Firm.
Makes sense - why would you want to spend 3 years in ... Mile End, when you could go somewhere else.

Whats so bad about queen mary and mile end ??Its part of the russell group and its in the top so i dont see any problem with it,do you?
@McGinger Hi! Our Mile End campus has a great community feeling and is unique in London. I'm really enjoying my time here and have had no issues with the location. Mile End has great connections to both Central London (20 minutes away on the tube) and Stratford (5 minutes away on the tube). There's plenty of Green Space with Mile End Park and Victoria Park at walking distance, and there are plenty of shops and restaurants around.

Amaya.
Reply 11
@McGinger Hi! Our Mile End campus has a great community feeling and is unique in London. I'm really enjoying my time here and have had no issues with the location. Mile End has great connections to both Central London (20 minutes away on the tube) and Stratford (5 minutes away on the tube). There's plenty of Green Space with Mile End Park and Victoria Park at walking distance, and there are plenty of shops and restaurants around.

Amaya.

Hi,i applied online 2 days ago and still no reply because i was told on the phone that they do not accept anymore applications on the phone and also somehow they told me that with DDM btec national extended diploma i cant get into the course but on qmul website it says i can so i was confused and that is why i applied online.Hopefully i will get a place for september,do you know if freshers week will still happen and if we gonna come on campus first day when university starts?
@Safta Hi! I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't received a reply, that must be so frustrating. I would suggest calling and emailing again because Admissions has been very busy lately, so it might take them a while to reply. Hopefully they'll clarity whether you can get in with youe current qualifications.
In terms of Fresher's Week, it's going to take place on an online platform so you wouldn't need to be in campus for it. However, I do suggest you are on campus on the day your course begins because QMUL are planning on providing both online and face to face teaching. If you can't make it to campus, however, don't worry, as all the necessary material will be online.

All the best,
Amaya.
Hey I applied for Pharmacology Friday and haven’t received a reply since and it’s now CLOSED.

I’m very anxious right now
What do you mean it's now closed? The application window is closed?

Amaya.

Amaya.

Yes

Amaya.

I had applied for multiple biological science courses, called admin and they said to send an email with preferred course which I did last week and was told to wait for a response.

Clearing hotline was closed so couldn’t call so sent a few emails.

Woke up this morning to see the course is now closed for clearing application on the website.

Very stressed and crying right now
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Alayna1234
I had applied for multiple biological science courses, called admin and they said to send an email with preferred course which I did last week and was told to wait for a response.

Clearing hotline was closed so couldn’t call so sent a few emails.

Woke up this morning to see the course is now closed for clearing application on the website.

Very stressed and crying right now

Dont stress,just because qm is in the top it doesnt mean you should apply just to it,top rankings dont really benefit you .My advice is,and what i will probably do is i will go to other good university because i already have a place as clearing is closed almost everywhere now and then after first year or during the year if any places free at UCl or Kings then i will transfer,so take this advice if you consider it a good option as now probably your options are limited so mine were.
Original post by Safta
Dont stress,just because qm is in the top it doesnt mean you should apply just to it,top rankings dont really benefit you .My advice is,and what i will probably do is i will go to other good university because i already have a place as clearing is closed almost everywhere now and then after first year or during the year if any places free at UCl or Kings then i will transfer,so take this advice if you consider it a good option as now probably your options are limited so mine were.

I meet the entry requirements though, I’ve just been waiting.

My other option is going to Bristol to do a foundation year or go to City for Law.
Original post by Safta

I’ve got a phone number so I’m waiting to get through to them.

I have proof of emails.

Quick Reply

Latest