The Student Room Group

Any ADHDers down to talk?

post removed

Scroll to see replies

i have ADHD. what do you want to talk about? :h:
yeah it sucks. i have ADHD, ADD, and social anxiety. quite the mix. :facepalm:
yeah ive done that. but then i feel stupid. :sigh:
hahah. if i am gonna use a bad word i usually put this * in one of the letters. but maybe i should try it? i just feel like i might seem self-involved or something.
yeah it is a bad word :yep:
yeah. just like d*mn and screwed.
:confused:
This is a nice thread to post comments with some SHOCK value!

:O Oh, Hehehehejejejeje!
I'm diagnosed with ADHD. I don't like it when people say they have it and they are not diagnosed. Losing your keys once a year is not the same thing. :biggrin:
Original post by Ivartheboneless
I'm diagnosed with ADHD. I don't like it when people say they have it and they are not diagnosed. Losing your keys once a year is not the same thing. :biggrin:

hahaha absoultely not :tongue:
Original post by chloeebrown09
hahaha absoultely not :tongue:

Do you find school easier with your diagnosis?
Do you find school easier with your diagnosis?

what ADHD ?
what ADHD ?

Yeh
Yeh

no, school is a lot harder for me. i have ADHD and ADD so i can barely ever focus. i always get distracted by every possible thing and cant focus on my teacher or the assignment
no, school is a lot harder for me. i have ADHD and ADD so i can barely ever focus. i always get distracted by every possible thing and cant focus on my teacher or the assignment

I had no medication at school, college or University. I did awful at School and College but at University I overcompensated alot! I find life easier with medication and can say I find medication has helped with self-study. Did you not notice a difference with medication?I always wondered if i would have done good at school,
I had no medication at school, college or University. I did awful at School and College but at University I overcompensated alot! I find life easier with medication and can say I find medication has helped with self-study. Did you not notice a difference with medication?I always wondered if i would have done good at school,

unfortuantely i cannot take medicine for my ADHD i just have to cope with it the best i can. i have a heart condition which is more of a risk and i have to take medication for that. when you take heart medication you cant take ADHD medicine because it can affect the other medicine and completely stop it from working. yeah, sucks, but i have to deal with it. :sigh:
unfortuantely i cannot take medicine for my ADHD i just have to cope with it the best i can. i have a heart condition which is more of a risk and i have to take medication for that. when you take heart medication you cant take ADHD medicine because it can affect the other medicine and completely stop it from working. yeah, sucks, but i have to deal with it. :sigh:

You can take none stimulant medication its probably not as good though or use other medication off label. Having ADHD in school is hard. I hope they give you reasonable adjustments ie more exam time etc.
You can take none stimulant medication its probably not as good though or use other medication off label. Having ADHD in school is hard. I hope they give you reasonable adjustments ie more exam time etc.

yeah i dont really think that would help me. and i dont want to add another pill on top of what i already have to take each day. no, not really they treat me like every other student.
yeah i dont really think that would help me. and i dont want to add another pill on top of what i already have to take each day. no, not really they treat me like every other student.

You should look-up what help you can get a school. The stuff you struggle with on top of life makes learning difficult. Read this: https://www.dpt.nhs.uk/download/otFil87e98 you can get similar support in America.

Quick Reply

Latest