The Student Room Group

The Current Year 9 Chat Thread (2020-2021)

:tsr:

The Current Year 9 Thread Mark l (2020-2021)
:party:

Now the onto new year 9! The 1st September 2006 to 31st August 2007 babies! :banana::dance::hugs:. Hello Year 9s, and welcome to the year 9 thread. Even though you might think you’re the only Year 9 in The Student Room, there may be some out there lurking too. You can use this thread to discuss with other Year 9 about your GCSEs choices, how you're feeling about GCSEs and many other things :h:.

Icebreakers :bl:

- Introduce Yourself
- What are your hobbies/interests?
- What subjects are you currently studying?
- What subjects are you planning to pick for your GCSEs (or have you already picked them?)
- What your favourite and least favourite subject?
- What are your predicted grades?
- What do you want to be in the future?
- How do you feel about starting Year 9?
- One interesting fact about yourself

You’ll finish school (Year 11) on June/July 2023, it sounds so far yet so close... and will go by in an blink of an eye :dance:

:goodluck: and cherish every moment of Year 9! It will be the last *fun* year you will get in school so have fun! :h:

Advices about Year 9

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Quoting all the people that posted in the thread about year 8 the other week. Introduce yourself and get to know each other :grouphugs:

Spoiler

Original post by Lemur14
Quoting all the people that posted in the thread about year 8 the other week. Introduce yourself and get to know each other :grouphugs:

Spoiler

think you might have tagged the wrong person I'm going into year 13
Original post by josie71202
think you might have tagged the wrong person I'm going into year 13

There were quite a few people on the year 8 thread giving advice to them, so you likely did that. I can't tell who's year 8 or not, so just quoted everyone in so I didn't miss anyone by accident!
I'm an old fool so won't stick around here long, I'll leave you be. :smile:

Just want to say enjoy year nine. You'll grow a lot this year, many of you are going to be hitting puberty and suddenly Shayne has broken up with Mickaela and your snapchat streak has finished and everything is suddenly more traumatic - it's gonna be this intense for the next two years and school won't be getting easier.

My advice would be to relax. Keep breathing and remember that you've got decades longer to live and things are allowed to change.

Some of you will have chosen GCSE subjects, others will soon be making that choice. :tsr2: is here to help. There's a sub forum for every subject here, don't forget to check them out if you get stuck.

Best thing you can do this year - befriend your teachers (not in a creepy way). If you make a good impression this year you'll find yourself in less trouble next year. Whereas if you make a bad name for yourself then staff are going to be making judgements before you've even walked into the classroom.

Have a blast, avoid the ciggies and always use protection. :wink:
Original post by Lemur14

Spoiler

thanks for tagging me (:
Hi, x I'm Zara.
Well, I am a very varied person. I love everything and anything really. I have really productive days and there is never a moment in my life where I'm just sitting and watching Netflix. I love languages - I'm learning well trying to learn 15 languages. I also love basketball, dance, singing - I do a lot of singing, baking, jewellery making. I also love working for charities. Last December there was a Christmas fair at my school and I sold beauty products I made from scratch - my mum is a dermatologist (skin doctor) and her friends also make dermatologically tested products so they helped me make products for the fair - I sold them all and made £400 for Syrian refugees.

Well, I'm doing all the usual subjects at the moment - English, maths, chemistry etc.

- What subjects are you planning to pick for your GCSEs (or have you already picked them?)
I am planning on taking - French, Spanish, Textiles, Maths, triple science and a few others but the ones I have listed are the ones I am definitely going to take.

I love all subjects in general but my favourite has to be languages more specifically French. My least favourite has to be Physics. It's a really good subject it's just that my class from y8 understood all of it whereas I didn't understand it at all - yh never ask me physics-related questions cus I will not know.
Well at my school we do like A1 which is the highest and c2 being the lowest (I go to a private school) But in y9 it changes to like the 9-1 and stuff like that. In y8 my predicted grades were A2 (second highest) and A1 but in the 9-1 kinda style grades my grades are between 7 - 9. But mostly 8's tbh.

Okay, I have 2 things in mind. Either a dentist or a dermatologist. I love both of them and had an idea of becoming a part-time dentist and a part-time dermatologist but idk how that's gonna work out.

I'm excited for y9 tbh for 3 reasons.
1) my bday is 2 days before y9 and my BFF bday is on the 1st day of y9;
2) I get to go back to school after 6 months of lockdown at home!!!!!!!!;
3) I get to be back at school in the school environment and giving my all at school - I like school a lot.

Well I live in Britain but I am not British - I am part Moroccan, Turkish, Arabian and Pakistani. So I'm a 4 culture Muslim.

But yh now you know a bit about me. Well I hope anyone who's reading this has a great time in y9! Have a great day guys!
Reply 7
Hey year 9s. Student in year 10 here.
Best of luck for Year 9. Have fun and stay on top of everything.
If you guys need any help or advice or anything, my PMs are open and you can always talk to the awesome community here.

Stay positive. :hugs:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Introduce Yourself
Playing football
uh well all the core subjects and art dt, computing etc
What subjects are you planning to pick for your GCSEs (or have you already picked them?)
we have to choose ours in y9s so im planning to choose comp science, geo, re, english,maths,french(u have to do it),etc
art is my least and my fav is comp science

like 7s and 6s, but in the report i get 6 :/ i think its because my target is a 6
backend website dev
sad
im fat
Reply 9
Hi I’m Adaeze 👋🏾
I really like sports and I play Tag rugby,Netball,Athletics,Football etc.
I quite like things like Art and Bulley journaling.

I’ve picked my GCSE’s-I’m doing
Maths
English lit and Lang
Bio
Chem
Phys
Business
PE
French
Geo

Fav subject-PE or Bio
Least fav- Computer science 🤢

I don’t have predicted grades yet but so far I’ve been getting 9s,8s and the occasional 7 in Computer science 😅

I would like to be a doctor or maybe an investment Banker.
I’m excited to start year 9

One interesting fact-I LOVE stationery lol
And another one of my names is Ngoszi Chuckwu (a Nigerian name)
Original post by AUsmile
Hi I’m Adaeze 👋🏾

Maths
English lit and Lang
Bio
Chem
Phys
Business
PE
French
Geo

Fav subject-PE or Bio

I don’t have predicted grades yet but so far I’ve been getting 9s,8s and the occasional 7 in Computer science 😅

I meant Bullet Journalling
Original post by AUsmile
Hi I’m Adaeze 👋🏾

Maths
English lit and Lang
Bio
Chem
Phys
Business
PE
French
Geo

Fav subject-PE or Bio

Oh and I enjoy using my sewing machine 🧵
Original post by AUsmile
I meant Bullet Journalling

U LIKE BULLET JOURNALING?! me too.. I do bullet journaling journals and notebooks and sell them for charity hehe.
Original post by Zara - Alea
U LIKE BULLET JOURNALING?! me too.. I do bullet journaling journals and notebooks and sell them for charity hehe.

Hehe yeah!!! My friends got me into it and now I can’t stop binging Studyquill and Amandarachlee
Original post by AUsmile
Hehe yeah!!! My friends got me into it and now I can’t stop binging Studyquill and Amandarachlee

U watch studyquill and Amandarachlee too?! They are like the legends of bullet journaling.
U watch studyquill and Amandarachlee too?! They are like the legends of bullet journaling.

Yessssss. It’s cool to find someone who’s also into stationery and Bullet journalling. My Christmas list is full of stationery 🤪
Original post by AUsmile
Yessssss. It’s cool to find someone who’s also into stationery and Bullet journalling. My Christmas list is full of stationery 🤪

My bday is in 13 days and my list is basically stationary like nothing else just like 10 billion different types of stationery...especially Zebra mildiners hehe. Yh I agree it is cool to find someone who loves stationery and bullet journaling just as much as I do.
My bday is in 13 days and my list is basically stationary like nothing else just like 10 billion different types of stationery...especially Zebra mildiners hehe. Yh I agree it is cool to find someone who loves stationery and bullet journaling just as much as I do.

I’m getting zebra mildliners for my birthday hehe.This thread has literally just turned into me and Zara-Alea talking about stationery lol 😂
Original post by AUsmile
I’m getting zebra mildliners for my birthday hehe.This thread has literally just turned into me and Zara-Alea talking about stationery lol 😂

yhhh so true! Ahem thread starter if your reading this can we change the name of this thread to "the AUsmile and Zara - Alea Stationery chat"
jk jk lol
Quick question-Is anyone else’s school telling them they CAN’T wear masks on school property????

Quick Reply

Latest