The Student Room Group

Big 4 Summer Vacation Schemes 2021 Audit/Tax/Consulting

Does anyone know when applications open for summer internships that take place next year?

Any insight would be great.

Scroll to see replies

I e never heard of this but sounds very interesting? What’s the concept!? Xx
Reply 2
Just trying to bump this thread in case anyone is in the same position.

Applied to EY Assurance 2021 Summer internship last week when applications opened. Submitted stage 2, waiting for an update. Apparently applied quite early because they told me they have still yet to finalise pass marks for their online assessments.
Reply 3
Original post by MajorFader
Just trying to bump this thread in case anyone is in the same position.

Applied to EY Assurance 2021 Summer internship last week when applications opened. Submitted stage 2, waiting for an update. Apparently applied quite early because they told me they have still yet to finalise pass marks for their online assessments.

I applied 10 days ago and I'm also yet to receive an update. What did you get for your feedback report?
Reply 4
Original post by s_10
I applied 10 days ago and I'm also yet to receive an update. What did you get for your feedback report?

Thank God I’m not the only one. Lol. I think the Covid situation is holding them up.

I got Resillience and Learning Agility as my strengths and adaptability as my weakness.

What about you?
Reply 5
Thank God I’m not the only one. Lol. I think the Covid situation is holding them up.

I got Resillience and Learning Agility as my strengths and adaptability as my weakness.

What about you?

Yeah pretty sure that's the reason, hopefully they'll provide an update soon.

I got learning agility and personal ownership as strengths and curiosity as my weakness.
Reply 6
Original post by s_10
Yeah pretty sure that's the reason, hopefully they'll provide an update soon.

I got learning agility and personal ownership as strengths and curiosity as my weakness.

I was invited to complete the numerical reasoning this morning and literally did it the same time lol. I was so eager after waiting 15 days 😭
Reply 7
I was invited to complete the numerical reasoning this morning and literally did it the same time lol. I was so eager after waiting 15 days 😭

Yes I got that too! I'm gonna wait a bit till I do some practice tests first because I failed their NRT last time I applied lol. Did you manage to pass it?
Reply 8
Original post by s_10
Yes I got that too! I'm gonna wait a bit till I do some practice tests first because I failed their NRT last time I applied lol. Did you manage to pass it?

Yeah, practice first. I’ve been doing intermittent practice here and there but nothing meaningful. The real NRT is quite straightforward though so you should be fine whatever the outcome! It’s more timing...

I haven’t got back the outcome yet, hopefully it comes in soon.
Hey all, i did the numerical reasoning test for consulting. I almost immediately got an email saying i didnt pass, but my maths is good, so i dont understand?:frown:In other words, it was pretty straightforward. I did it in 12 minutes so maybe i was too slow? hasthis happened to anybody else?x
Original post by lauraleech
Hey all, i did the numerical reasoning test for consulting. I almost immediately got an email saying i didnt pass, but my maths is good, so i dont understand?:frown:In other words, it was pretty straightforward. I did it in 12 minutes so maybe i was too slow? hasthis happened to anybody else?x

How many questions did yours have? That shouldn’t be too slow imo. Did they give you feedback? It doesn’t make sense that they would reject you...

Could actually just be you took too long on each question probs.
(edited 3 years ago)
How many questions did yours have? That shouldn’t be too slow imo. Did they give you feedback? It doesn’t make sense that they would reject you...

Could actually just be you took too long on each question probs.

Yeah i keptdoing them just in case, but they were actually really straightforwrd but i just kept double checking them. There werent many questions. But the questions were reallly simple. And no, I didnt get feedback.

edit: there were about 10 questions and easily could have been done under a min some of them. I took too long imho. Also good luck to everyone!<3
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by lauraleech
Yeah i keptdoing them just in case, but they were actually really straightforwrd but i just kept double checking them. There werent many questions. But the questions were reallly simple. And no, I didnt get feedback.

edit: there were about 10 questions and easily could have been done under a min some of them. I took too long imho. Also good luck to everyone!<3

Ahh that’s so annoying.

I think Deloitte, PWC, BDO and KPMG open up in the next few weeks so keep a look out as we head into September.
Reply 13
Yeah, practice first. I’ve been doing intermittent practice here and there but nothing meaningful. The real NRT is quite straightforward though so you should be fine whatever the outcome! It’s more timing...

I haven’t got back the outcome yet, hopefully it comes in soon.

hey have you received any updates after the NRT?
Original post by s_10
hey have you received any updates after the NRT?

They said I was rejected after the job simulation stage?? Need to get to the bottom of it. Wbu?
Reply 15
They said I was rejected after the job simulation stage?? Need to get to the bottom of it. Wbu?

oh that’s really odd. I’ve still not received anything and it’s getting frustrating :frown:
Reply 16
Any updates?
Original post by s_10
Any updates?

Rejection for me, waiting for other summer vacation schemes to open now lol. Wbu?
Reply 18
Rejection for me, waiting for other summer vacation schemes to open now lol. Wbu?

ah that sucks :/ there’s still the rest of the big 4/BDO tho so that’s fine. When did they reply to you? I’ve still not received anything and it’s pissing me off
has anyone done the blended online BDO assessment that includes video verbal and numerical reasoning skills.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending