The Student Room Group

How to lose 15 pounds?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Purplemonkeys
But I don't look skinny enough for my liking

How often do you weigh yourself?
Original post by Billyjackson101
But exercise would make you gain weight as you’re gaining muscle.

Calories deficit starves the stomach hence why it’s mostly belly fat

I never said she could aim to lose 3lb I said she could lose up to that. I can tell you’re not from around here are you

I cannot even begin to understand the level of idiocy in every one of your posts here. I mean I would correct you but I really don’t know where to even start, it would take about an hour to sift through the amount of detritus you’ve spewed. If your “degree” wasn’t an abject fail (if it exists) then God help us all.
Original post by Shenotalright
How often do you weigh yourself?

I used to do it once or twice a day because the scales weren't always reliable, but then my Mum removed them from the bathroom unfortunately
Reply 43
I can tell you’re not from around here are you

Meaning?
Reply 44
What's defensiveness got to do with it? Also, how is it for my well-being when I just want to be skinny? Honestly some people

What you want to be, and what you need to be are, in this case, 2 totally different things.

You put photos on here asking for comments, you're asking how to lose weight that you can't afford to lose. Yet what I saw in those pics was a gorgeous young girl, with a balloon to celebrate what, exam results?

You haven't responded to my earlier post about if you have any other issues, and that you need help as you just don't seem to be able to see your worth, which is so much more than looks and being skinny.
You definitely don’t want to lose anymore. According to your bmi you’re already anorexic as you’re 6.5 stone why do you want to be 5.5?

I'm 7 stone actually
Original post by Surnia
Seeing some of your other posts on here, there is nothing wrong with your weight, but you do seem to have low self-esteem and aren't confident in your body or with your looks. There isn't always a reason for it, but can you think why you are feeling this way? Any comnents from people, bullying, exam stress, problems at home (you don't have to answer that, I'm just trying to make you think). At your age it could just be hormones and growing up.

I think you ought to speak with a doctor or at least a parent or other trusted family member about this. There's plenty of ways that you can be helped. You can even start today by accepting how many genuine positive comments you've had on your other posts; you need to learn to love yourself and recognise your worth.

Please take some steps to help yourself :console: :heart:

I've always had low self esteem and issues with the way I look, and I have medically diagnosed anxiety and depression.
Original post by Surnia
What you want to be, and what you need to be are, in this case, 2 totally different things.

You put photos on here asking for comments, you're asking how to lose weight that you can't afford to lose. Yet what I saw in those pics was a gorgeous young girl, with a balloon to celebrate what, exam results?

You haven't responded to my earlier post about if you have any other issues, and that you need help as you just don't seem to be able to see your worth, which is so much more than looks and being skinny.

I'm not gorgeous but thankyou
I used to do it once or twice a day because the scales weren't always reliable, but then my Mum removed them from the bathroom unfortunately

Sometimes weighing yourself could be obsessive so I’m glad she did. I think you’re quite thin and losing more weight could put you in a risky position (mentally and physically). Have you tried speaking to a professional? Perhaps helping you gain confidence and self-esteem would help you look at your body in a positive view. Why do you want to lose weight?
Heyy um I know this isn’t much help but instead of trying to lose weight why not try become confident with your weight! From what you’ve told us you don’t seem to weigh much and I don’t want to offend you in any way as I know how it feels to be shamed on your body but you can’t always help how your body distributes weight. Try to become less insecure and more confident in your weight.
Reply 50
I'm not gorgeous but thankyou

I'm not just saying that, and it's not just me saying that; there were loads of positive comments on that thread!
Reply 51
I've always had low self esteem and issues with the way I look, and I have medically diagnosed anxiety and depression.

Then jump off this website and go and talk with your mum, and tell her how you are feeling at the moment.

I know this isn't professional advice and sounds simple, but think about the things you enjoy doing as hobbies, with your friends, with your family. Losing weight, or trying to do it when you don't really know how to eat and exercise, is going to affect your health and stop you doing all those things. And those that care for you don't want to see you like that either. And think about what are you planning next for your studies and what you want to do in future.

Honestly, you'll get some good advice on here, but you'll also get told some complete rubbish and if you're not in a good place you're going to latch on to what you want to hear. Overall, you aren't going to get proper help on here. Please, please, please, go and hug your family and tell them you need support.
Reply 52
Exercise DOES NOT HELP it will make you gain as it’ll create muscle which will make you weight and muscle mass. If it’s belly fat the only way is a calorie defect

Not all exercise builds muscle, especially for women. Cardio exercise doesn't build muscle unless done to the extreme.
Original post by Shenotalright
Sometimes weighing yourself could be obsessive so I’m glad she did. I think you’re quite thin and losing more weight could put you in a risky position (mentally and physically). Have you tried speaking to a professional? Perhaps helping you gain confidence and self-esteem would help you look at your body in a positive view. Why do you want to lose weight?

I want to be skinny. I want to look good. I want to be able to see my ribs (and not just when I'm sucking my stomach in).
I want to be skinny. I want to look good. I want to be able to see my ribs (and not just when I'm sucking my stomach in).

Seeing someone ribs is not attractive.
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
Seeing someone ribs is not attractive.

Each to their own I suppose
Each to their own I suppose

No, there is a reason why most women in TV shows are movies have the same physique, it is because they are perceived as attractive to the majority. Your mindset is dangerous and unhealthy, please see a doctor.
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
No, there is a reason why most women in TV shows are movies have the same physique, it is because they are perceived as attractive to the majority. Your mindset is dangerous and unhealthy, please see a doctor.

I don't need to see one but thanks
omg girl i'm like 5'4 and 60kg, like you don't need to lose weight... i do.
Reply 59
Reading the comments i think you should see a doctor as you might have or might be close to having an eating disorder. You seem to be very disappointed with your body despite weighing very little, even weighing yourself so often. Please go see a doctor, beauty is not worth all this suffering.

Quick Reply

Latest