The Student Room Group

Can I enrol at two colleges??

Hi all, this is rather urgent as my first appointment is a day and a half, but is it possible to enrol at two colleges. My reasoning is my second choice college enrolment is three days before my first choice and I worry that I’d I turn down my place at my second choice then get rejected from my first ( I have the entry requirements of 5 passes but the grades aren’t as high as i put on my application) I’ll be stuck with no college to go to...
Can I accept my second choice offer then cancel after my first choice is confirmed.. help!!
Reply 1
Original post by JessbabesXx
Hi all, this is rather urgent as my first appointment is a day and a half, but is it possible to enrol at two colleges. My reasoning is my second choice college enrolment is three days before my first choice and I worry that I’d I turn down my place at my second choice then get rejected from my first ( I have the entry requirements of 5 passes but the grades aren’t as high as i put on my application) I’ll be stuck with no college to go to...
Can I accept my second choice offer then cancel after my first choice is confirmed.. help!!

Hi, I haven’t heard of the people enrolling in 2 colleges before. Usually when you have your enrolment interview they don’t reject you they go over your options for other courses, or give you the option to take gcse maths, English again if your grades are too low and you do that alongside some courses. Most colleges also have some btec versions of the A-levels and they might encourage you to take those, and they’re perfectly accepted by uni’s or employers in the future. Look at what grades you’ve got and compare them to both college entry requirements first.
Reply 2
Original post by jay.king
Hi, I haven’t heard of the people enrolling in 2 colleges before. Usually when you have your enrolment interview they don’t reject you they go over your options for other courses, or give you the option to take gcse maths, English again if your grades are too low and you do that alongside some courses. Most colleges also have some btec versions of the A-levels and they might encourage you to take those, and they’re perfectly accepted by uni’s or employers in the future. Look at what grades you’ve got and compare them to both college entry requirements first.

Do you reckon my best bet is to turn down my second choice then? Both colleges wanted 5 passes and I passed 9 subjects, however I was predicted higher grades..
Reply 3
Do you reckon my best bet is to turn down my second choice then? Both colleges wanted 5 passes and I passed 9 subjects, however I was predicted higher grades..

All they’ll care about is what your grades actually are so if you’ve passed 9 then that should be good for either, even if your predicted grades aren’t what you got. You still passed which is great!! and the main thing. I say have a think about which college you definitely want to go to and go to it :smile:

They wanted 5 passes and you got 9 passes so why are you worried about not getting in?
Reply 5
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
They wanted 5 passes and you got 9 passes so why are you worried about not getting in?

Because there not the grades I applied with..
Because there not the grades I applied with..

But you still got the grades you needed.

Quick Reply

Latest