The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Chat Thread (2020-2021)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
How has everyone done on your application?
I have almost finished the PS, and asked my Physics teacher for a reference. I have also completed the Personal Details and Education parts of the UCAS form.
Original post by 8013
I have almost finished the PS, and asked my Physics teacher for a reference. I have also completed the Personal Details and Education parts of the UCAS form.

I’ve completed all parts of the UCAS form and I did my first draft for my personal statement but my teacher never got back to me and I’m currently doing my second draft
Reply 82
Original post by Ten-Ten
I’ve completed all parts of the UCAS form and I did my first draft for my personal statement but my teacher never got back to me and I’m currently doing my second draft

I am applying for mech eng and talked about my further reading, relevant extra undergraduate level courses in HK universities and online, and the experience which I practiced teamwork through extracurricular activities.
By the way, being a reds fan should I reconsider Manchester uni?
Original post by 8013
I am applying for mech eng and talked about my further reading, relevant extra undergraduate level courses in HK universities and online, and the experience which I practiced teamwork through extracurricular activities.
By the way, being a reds fan should I reconsider Manchester uni?

If you’re planning on going to the games it would be a bit strange to support reds but go Manchester uni. But if you really like the uni then you should go as you’re going to uni to get a degree not be a fan
Original post by 8013

I've done my PS, just waiting for references and actual predicted grades
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
That’s so strange. Are you doing OCR B?

I think so?
Original post by 8013

I only just decided what I want to apply to so I still need to get started on the PS. References at my school are done really automatically tho so I don’t need to think about that.
Introduce yourself
Hi I'm 2_V and I am 17 and live in the 0121

What are your hobbies/interests?
Reading, practising instruments badly, writing (and deleting), listening to music
What are you currently studying?
Business, Politics and Psychology (switched from Economics)
What grades do you hope to achieve?
Not aspiring for a specific grade, just gonna put in some effort and work with what I get, like GCSE. It means I don't stress at all and don't have a fixed university in mind. Good for the mental health.
If applicable, what universities/courses are you applying for?
Not sure yet, but definitely Brumston
Thinking about a gap year?
Nah, what's the point in that?
What are your goals for the future?
Don't really have any? Get a job and be financially secure. Maybe have a little me one day. I want a girl.
How are you feeling about this year?
Good. Haven't done much, no revision at least... just been doing my own thing... in a way this is my gap year.
Got a GYG (grow your grades) blog? Post a link

Nah, it's a lot of work, a blog. Plus I'm pretty sure focusing on a blog would make my grades shrink haha, not as good at multitasking as some others like ella.
Original post by 8013

I've done all of it but the disability section. One of my disabilities is so rare I can't just put the diagnoses
Reply 89
Original post by josie71202
I've done all of it but the disability section. One of my disabilities is so rare I can't just put the diagnoses

What is it? Can you declare it as other disability?
Original post by 8013
What is it? Can you declare it as other disability?

yeah I just need a good description, it's hereditary spa-stic pararaplegia and ataxia and a chronic pain in my feet (the dash isn't there just TSR don't like it without
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 91
I dont want to start year 13
we have mocks as soon as we come back as we couldn't do them at the end of year 12 :frown:
Original post by m.s124
I dont want to start year 13
we have mocks as soon as we come back as we couldn't do them at the end of year 12 :frown:

I’ve got them first week of October - good luck!!
Original post by 8013

I’ve signed up for UCAS, and sent my personal statement to my teacher for feedback :smile:
what we already starting this thread oh my-
Introduce yourself::hello:
Fish finger fan, not my real name but I do like fish fingers.

Hobbies/interests:
volunteering on my local heritage railway, tsr, youtube.

Studying:
Edexcel business
AQA geography
Edexcel history

What grades do I hope to achieve:
A,B,B or A,B,C

Thinking about gap year:
not really as not planning on going uni.

Goals for the future;
:dontknow: let's just get this out the way first.

Spoiler

How are you feeling about this year:
Dreading it, nervous for exams, not liking the uncertainty of what's going to happen, and it's a bit scary to think this is our last year of compulsory school before going into the big world :eek: I think I should still be in pre-school.

Got a gyg:
Will update if I decide to do one for this year but at the moment don't plan on doing one.

Good luck to everyone this year, no matter what happens this year we will get through it, we've got this :dumbells:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by fish finger fan
Introduce yourself::hello:
Fish finger fan, not my real name but I do like fish fingers.

Hobbies/interests:
volunteering on my local heritage railway, tsr, youtube.

Studying:
Edexcel business
AQA geography
Edexcel history

What grades do I hope to achieve:
A,B,B or A,B,C

Thinking about gap year:
not really as not planning on going uni.

Goals for the future;
:dontknow: let's just get this out the way first.

How are you feeling about this year:
Dreading it, nervous for exams, not liking the uncertainty of what's going to happen, and it's a bit scary to think this is our last year of compulsory school before going into the big world :eek: I think I should still be in pre-school.

Got a gyg:
Will update if I decide to do one for this year but at the moment don't plan on doing one.

Good luck to everyone this year, no matter what happens this year we will get through it, we've got this :dumbells:

I always imagined your name as being a fan with fish fingers for the blades and now I really feel stupid :rofl:
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
I always imagined your name as being a fan with fish fingers for the blades and now I really feel stupid :rofl:

:lol: if that fan was real it would be quite the sight
Original post by fish finger fan
:lol: if that fan was real it would be quite the sight

I’m not sure it would smell too good after a while either 😂
Reply 99
Hi guys!

> What are your hobbies/interests?
I play the Violin and the Piano
I also love to bake!
> What are you currently studying?
I'm studying Biology, Geography and English Literature + an EPQ
> What grades do you hope to achieve?
A*AA/A*A*A
I have an A in EPQ, got the results last week
> If applicable, what universities/courses are you applying for?
Glasgow, UCL, Bristol, Exeter and not sure about the last one
> Thinking about a gap year?
Nope
> What are your goals for the future?
Hopefully to become a human rights barrister
> How are you feeling about this year?

optimistic!!!

Quick Reply

Latest