The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

GCSE grades - six 7s, three 6s
Are u satisfied with your grades - yeh im okay with them, i got into my 6th form so im fineee
What subjects u taking for a level- biology chemistry sociolgy
How are u feeling about starting y12? - veryyyy excited
Any plans for the next year? - try take up work experince
What u doing after A levels - hopefully goin uni
How was y11 for u - quite chilled out, never actually did much work if i must say
Any hobbies or interests? - baking, football
How was lockdown - quite chill, was able to collect myself kinda 😂😂
Would I be allowed to send a link with lots of a level textbooks here
Here is a link for textbooks for most of the subjects. You won't need to make an account to view the link.
https://mega.nz/folder/q6pnUCZJ#kR4MDzy1XJrMKVs2PnT3ow
Original post by MSHAR1F
Here is a link for textbooks for most of the subjects. You won't need to make an account to view the link.

wow, I am surprised that this even existed!
Reply 44
Original post by cloud_9_
GCSE grades - Nine 8s and One 9
Are u satisfied with your grades - Hell yh i never thought i would get predicted that high
What subjects u taking for a level- Bio Chem Maths Economics
How are u feeling about starting y12? - bit nervous cos i havent been in school for 6 months but im looking forward to see friends again and getting to know new ppl
Any plans for the next year? - maybe get some work experience and improve my confidence
What u doing after A levels - study medicine at uni
How was y11 for u - it was an interesting year, not the best but definitely not the worst year
Any hobbies or interests? - football, learning spanish, card games, exercising
How was lockdown - calm cos i enjoy staying at home

we're taking the exact same a levels :woo:
Original post by macy_m
we're taking the exact same a levels :woo:

Gang gang
Original post by Oshmit
THEYEAR 12CHAT THREAD(2020-21)

Hi Everyone! That's it... we're through! After 1.5 years of hard work, 6 months of lockdown, GCSEs are done! I hope everyone was satisfied with their results and has planned their next steps. With that in mind, this is the new year 12 thread, for all of us to chat, lament, rejoice, share notes over the next year. Here's a format for your first post, but nobody is forcing you to follow it, post whatever you like!

YOUR FIRST POST:

GCSE Grades(if you would like to share them:smile:
Are you satisfied with your grades?:wink:
What subjects are you studying for A-Levels/BTECs
How are you feeling about starting Year 12?
Any plans for the next year?:redface:
Any plans made yet for what you will do after A-Levels/BTECs?
How was Year 11 for you?:redface:
Any hobbies/interests?
How was your lockdown?:smile:
For those with GYGs, feel free to link them...

Some random questions:
How long do you think it will take to get a CoVid-19 vaccine, if there will ever be one?
Do you like the summer or the winter?
Do you think marmite should be banned?:confused:
Do you like Tea or Coffee? (Only one choice permitted!):biggrin:

All the best from me! I hope your dreams and aspirations are fulfilled over the coming year, and we get to stay in normal school...

went well!
doing a level Math, Physics, DT
GCSE Results:
biology-8
physics-8
maths-8
history-8
dt-7 should be 8
lit-6 didnt study
lang-6
rs-6 didnt study
YEAR 12:
scared af seems soo hard but it is what it is
Aspiring Army Officer
GCSE Grades: 9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9,8,7(art),5(music)
Are you satisfied with your grades? Yes: I didn't even care about art or music.
What subjects are you studying for A-Levels/BTECs: A-Level chemistry, physics, and maths
How are you feeling about starting Year 12? Excited, keen. Was getting excited about A-Levels even before lockdown.
Any plans for the next year? No, we'll see what happens. I will try to take any decent opportunities throughout the year though.
Any plans made yet for what you will do after A-Levels/BTECs? Chemistry at university- up to a masters. Eventually some sort of career in chemistry.
How was Year 11 for you? Great, but it's a shame it was cut short.
Any hobbies/interests? Playing the guitar and ukulele, cycling, sailing
How was your lockdown? Mostly okay. Occasionally got quite bored, but not very often. Slept in a tent for five months. Finally going on holiday for a week.

Some random questions:
How long do you think it will take to get a CoVid-19 vaccine, if there will ever be one? Who knows? Not me.
Do you like the summer or the winter? Most frequently the summer.
Do you think marmite should be banned? Freedom of choice for what people eat. No, though I don't personally like it.
Do you like Tea or Coffee? (Only one choice permitted!) Tea. Have never liked coffee
GCSE Grades(if you would like to share them)

Are you satisfied with your grades?
very very happy with my results although i was really aiming for 5 9’s. Most happy with my 8 in maths because up until november last year, I was getting 5’s and 6’s in maths and it was only during the november mocks that i got serious about maths and figured out how to effectively revise. So i was worried that because i started getting good grades late, I wouldn’t get an 8 but thank God my maths teacher saw my potential 🥳

biology chemistry geography

really excited, i miss doing school work and just being in school in general. Also i’m going to a new school, so i’m excited for a fresh start and excited to meet new people

Any plans for the next year?
well i’ve been thinking about starting a youtube channel so we’ll see if that happens 🤔

study medicine at uni 🤞🏾

How was Year 11 for you?
year 11 was really good even though i used to complain every day about how i couldn’t wait to leave. I think the early end to my high school life made me realise how much i’ll miss my high school. i’m gonna miss how close i was to all the people in my classes, especially my triple science class

Any hobbies/interests?
fashion
i really want to learn french, i tried to during lockdown but i gave up
in the future i definitely want to go travelling. I’ve been thinking that maybe, as a way to force myself to learn french and also do some travelling, I might go on a immersion trip to france; during the summer before uni

How was your lockdown?
really relaxing but like i mentioned before i miss productivity and doing school work
Original post by MSHAR1F

thanks g
Reply 50
Hiii everyone!
GCSE Grades: 999999887
Are you satisfied with your grades? I'm extremely happy with the grades I got but might retake computer science-7 in autumn
What subjects are you studying for A-Levels/BTECs: Maths, Bio, Chem and Physics/Geography (i'm still unsure between the 2)
How are you feeling about starting Year 12? Very excited to meet new people but also nervous since it's a different school
Any plans for the next year? Be more social and get some work experience
Any plans made yet for what you will do after A-Levels/BTECs? Medicine is the goal!
How was Year 11 for you? I can't remember much but it was definetly a wake up call and I learned so much from it
Any hobbies/interests? learning korean and cooking new dishes!
How was your lockdown? The time passed really quickly but I got to spend more time with family and relaxing- which I probably won't do much once school starts

Some random questions:
How long do you think it will take to get a CoVid-19 vaccine, if there will ever be one? I honestly don't know but hope it won't take wayy too long
Do you like the summer or the winter? I prefer winter because I prefer the cold
Do you think marmite should be banned?:confused: I've never tried it, so I can't really bash it I guess?
Do you like Tea or Coffee? (Only one choice permitted!) Don't really drink either but I prefer tea over coffee it just tastes better
Original post by Oshmit

Hi Everyone! That's it... we're through! After 1.5 years of hard work, 6 months of lockdown, GCSEs are done! I hope everyone was satisfied with their results and has planned their next steps. With that in mind, this is the new year 12 thread, for all of us to chat, lament, rejoice, share notes over the next year. Here's a format for your first post, but nobody is forcing you to follow it, post whatever you like!

YOUR FIRST POST:

Any hobbies/interests?

Some random questions:
How long do you think it will take to get a CoVid-19 vaccine, if there will ever be one?

All the best from me! I hope your dreams and aspirations are fulfilled over the coming year, and we get to stay in normal school...

I’m acc quite happy but at the same time annoyed, my school sent out an appeal form and I’m thinking of appealing 3 of them

Biology, Chemistry, Psychology

I’m so excited for a fresh start and to get out of my secondary school. I loved the majority of the people but the teachers and the racism there🤢. I’m also excited to make more friends.

No not really. I think I might be going to my home country at Christmas IF everything is all safe and we can get all me and my cousins there (theres 30+ of us Ahahaha). Also going to get back to playing piano since I had to stop for GCSE Cos I never had time.

I’m wanting to do medicine at uni and then become a CAP and make all them coinsssss

How was Year 11 for you?
It was probably my favourite year of secondary school because I proved to my teacher’s I’m not the dumb b they thought I was but then some of them managed to still limit my grades 😑 so many scandals at school as well and I just watched from the sidelines Cos this girl ain’t messy😗

Any hobbies/interests?
Piano and looking after my cousins I acc love it

How was your lockdown?
I love it and hate it. I’ve not been able to see a lot of my family and I haven’t seen my cousins in London this year and I’m used to seeing them sooo much. But I’ve also loved it because at school I was getting like 3 hours of sleep a night and thriving off literally crisps and energy drinks

Idk if I’m going to make one this year. I made one last year and I kind of gave up but I think this year I’ll either make one and post it or make one and keep it in my notes.

Some random questions:
Maybe like between 6 months - 2 years🤷🏾*♀️🤷🏾*♀️ I’m just hoping it doesn’t ruin my college experience

Winter because I look 🍬 in winter clothes but summer is so hot and sweaty and I hate it

I had it once and I would never ever wish even my worse enemy to eat that🤢

Do you like Tea or Coffee? (Only one choice permitted!)
Coffee 100% I feel like it’s so much more nicer and there’s more variety but tea lowkey makes me sick
Reply 52
GCSE Grades(if you would like to share them): 998766663
Are you satisfied with your grades? Yes, except art (which is the 3)
What subjects are you studying for A-Levels/BTECs: A Level Maths and Sociology, and probably BTEC Esports
How are you feeling about starting Year 12? Excited! None of my friends are in my classes but I didn't like them much anyway tbh 🙃 I'm excited to meet new people and just to be in a different place tbh ☺️
Any plans for the next year? Not yet.
Any plans made yet for what you will do after A-Levels/BTECs? I'd love to go to uni to study either Esports or Maths. I don't know exactly what I want to do as a job but those two industries/subjects really interest me!
How was Year 11 for you? Pretty good I guess.
Any hobbies/interests? ...Uh, let's ignore the 500+ hours I spent on Fortnite since March. 🙃
How was your lockdown? Pretty positive, actually. I realised a few important things, that weren't that good, but if I had stayed in school I probably wouldn't have realised them

Some random questions:
How long do you think it will take to get a CoVid-19 vaccine, if there will ever be one? I think we'll be waiting until at least mid-2021.
Do you like the summer or the winter? I love the sun but I'm going to have to say winter - you can put more layers on to warm up, but in the summer when it's too hot you can't remove your skin !!
Do you think marmite should be banned? I've never tried it, but since lots of people seem to hate it... yes, ban it
Do you like Tea or Coffee? (Only one choice permitted!) I actually don't like any hot drinks. Oops 🤭
still cant believe we are year 12 now :biggrin:
6 6s, one 7 and one 5!
yep its what i need for a levels
bio chemistry and psychology (for now)
nervous but i feel quite prepared as i looked at the specs
going on holiday with my family!
uni probably
How was Year 11 for you?
a mess
Any hobbies/interests?
i like drawing and watching anime (watching anime isnt a hobby its just what i like to do in my spare time!)
How was your lockdown?

pretty awesome i met new people
Reply 54
Yes I'm really happy
Drama,Spanish,History
I'm nervous but excited
Definitely take mocks more seriously lol
Go to university

One of the best/worst and eye-opening year
Any hobbies/interests?
Sleeping,Scrolling through tiktok,baking and singing
It was good but boring. I ate so much and it went really quickly
what is a GYG?

Some random questions:
Probably another year
Winter(just because I'm a december baby :smile:)
D\o you think marmite should be banned?:confused:
Yes ma'am , ughh marmite is disgusting but my mum used to eat it with toast and i honestly don't know why.

COFFEE specifically cappucino , normal tea isn't nice
Original post by Oshmit

YOUR FIRST POST:

Any hobbies/interests?

Some random questions:

GCSE Grades(if you would like to share them):smile:: 9999998877
Are you satisfied with your grades?:wink:: Hell yeah
What subjects are you studying for A-Levels/BTECs: Biology, Chemistry, Maths
How are you feeling about starting Year 12? Slightly nervous but ready to tackle it head-on
Any plans for the next year?:o: Do some volunteering and part-time job
Any plans made yet for what you will do after A-Levels/BTECs? hopefully medicine at university
How was Year 11 for you?:redface: It went really fast but was very enjoyable
Any hobbies/interests? Programming, reading, and eating
How was your lockdown?:smile: Not bad tbh
For those with GYGs, feel free to link them... Don't have one

Some random questions:
How long do you think it will take to get a CoVid-19 vaccine if there will ever be one? Probs in a year and a half
Do you like summer or winter? summer vibes ppl
Do you think marmite should be banned?:confused: from my house - yes
Do you like Tea or Coffee? (Only one choice permitted!):biggrin: Coffee all the way
1. I got 8 9s 3 8s and an A*
2. I mean if I actually got them when doing the exams I would've been very satisfied however I didn't so I guess jm not exactly satisfied lol.
3. I'm doing maths further maths physics and chemistry
4. I'm quite excited because I'm moving to a new sixth form so that means new people and new teachers.
5. not really?
6. Year 11 was fun while it lasted lmao
7. mathematical model making was a fun hobby j picked up during lockdown. reading. a few mobile games. need to get back into sports when j start school.
8. I'd say it was fun but after so many months I can't say I did anything useful but that is perhaps a good thing.
9. I think I'm going to make one when the competition starts so I might link it here.

10.I heard somewhere that with the amount of potential vaccines we are making we should have successful trials (80-90% success rate) by the end of September so that's what I'm hoping for. But ofc that's not when it will be released.

11. Winter unless I have to get out of my room in which case summer.

12. yes

13. tea

thanks @Oshmit for the thread :smile:

A few I'm disappointed with (7s that should've been 8s, 8s that should've been 9s) but they're still good grades that shouldn't stop me in the future so I'll have to move on from that!

Biology, Chemistry, Spanish

Excited but nervous!

I'm moving to a different school for sixth form and want to get settled before I start up any clubs etc but, ideally relatively early, in the year id like to organise some work experience for the summer and find some volunteering and perhaps a part time job (time allowing)

Dentistry

Much better than previous years and am hoping to continue that trend into next year!

Any hobbies/interests?
School/ academics:frown:

Good, but got boring in the end and am now concerned about my lack of academic work

not currently but hoping to maybe start one in September- who knows?!?
My gcse grades 99987765
Eng language is the one I had 5 and In liturature i had 6
I had a new teacher very recently before lockdown, her teaching style was very different from old one.
I am new to the country as I started in year 9
I wanted to know if this will cause problems in future
Is this gcse given the same value as old ones. As this is teacher predicting it.
Original post by Fatimapedro123
My gcse grades 99987765
Eng language is the one I had 5 and In liturature i had 6
I had a new teacher very recently before lockdown, her teaching style was very different from old one.
I am new to the country as I started in year 9
I wanted to know if this will cause problems in future
Is this gcse given the same value as old ones. As this is teacher predicting it.

Your GCSEs are fine they definitely won’t cause any problems in the future as you have passed everything and done well in all of them, there is a chance that our GCSEs will be valued less than other years but this shouldn’t affect us too much because everyone in our year is in the same boat so I don’t think it’ll be much of a problem 😊

Latest