The Student Room Group

Loreto College 2020

I start at loreto college this year and I was wondering if anyone else is going. Would be nice to know at least 1 person when I start

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiii, I'm going to loreto too :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by shrek:)

What subjects are you gonna take
Reply 3
Original post by hansxx
What subjects are you gonna take

I'm not 100% sure yet but I was thinking of taking computer science, physics and history/French. What about you?
heyyy 👋 i’m going to loreto as well this september and i’m going to be doing biology chemistry and geography
Original post by hansxx
I start at loreto college this year and I was wondering if anyone else is going. Would be nice to know at least 1 person when I start

hey, i also start at loreto in september if you mean the one hulme as i know there’s a few loretos in manchester. i don’t know many people starting either but i will be studying bio, chem and geography and my enrolment is on the 2nd september xx
Original post by mabelkabutey
heyyy 👋 i’m going to loreto as well this september and i’m going to be doing biology chemistry and geography

no way i’m doing those exact same subjects at loreto aswell in september x
Original post by shrek:)

me too!!
Original post by miagraceshort
no way i’m doing those exact same subjects at loreto aswell in september x

really?! maybe we’ll see each other in a lesson.
really?! maybe we’ll see each other in a lesson.

when’s you’re enrolment day. x
when’s you’re enrolment day. x

this thursday x
this thursday x

ah mines on the 2nd, do you have a snap or an insta i can add you if you want xx
ah mines on the 2nd, do you have a snap or an insta i can add you if you want xx

yeah okay i’ll send you my snap on tsr private message
Reply 13
this thursday x

How was enrolment x
Reply 14

mines on the 2nd as well!
Original post by hansxx
How was enrolment x

it was really chill and surprisingly quick. Picked my subjects, got my lanyard. But something new i guess, was that they asked us to pick a backup subject in case we don’t get our first 3 chosen ones. they said,because our gcse grades were the teacher grades, there’s been an increase in students that now have the grades to do certain subjects. but they said it’s very unlikely that we won’t get to do our original chosen subjects x
Original post by hansxx
mines on the 2nd as well!

ahhh no way, i’ve sent you my snapchat on private message x
Reply 17
Original post by Ixxa234
im doing those subjects too except I’m doing psychology instead of geography

That sounds good, I'm doing maths, economics and business

hey, i also start at loreto in september if you mean the one hulme as i know there’s a few loretos in manchester. i don’t know many people starting either but i will be studying bio, chem and geography and my enrolment is on the 2nd september xx

I do geography at loreto, I wish that I came earlier here to tell you guys that loreto is great at science subjects and maths and English, history and psychology but they’re horrible horrible horrible at geography. They give very dilute notes and the lessons are really boring which is due to the teachers. We’ve just entered half term. If you can and want to change and somewhat regret geography change it now before it’s too late. If I knew the teaching and notes they give us was going to be this bad I would’ve dropped geography and chosen another subject like business. Other subjects have very experienced good and fun teaching with great notes. Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by SparkleFace
As a 2nd year in loreto that does geography, I wish that I came earlier here to tell you guys that loreto is great at science subjects and maths and English, history and psychology but they’re horrible horrible horrible at geography. They give very dilute notes and the lessons are really boring which is due to the teachers. We’ve just entered half term. If you can and want to change and somewhat regret geography change it now before it’s too late. If I knew the teaching and notes they give us was going to be this bad I would’ve dropped geography and chosen another subject like business. Other subjects on the other hand have very experienced good and fun teaching with great notes. Good luck!

Hi, i’m really enjoying loreto so far. I’m liking geography and it’s one of my favourite lessons, sorry to hear that you think differently. Do you mind me asking who your teacher is for geography? Many thanks.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending