The Student Room Group

Science / biology Equivalency tests

Scroll to see replies

Original post by naina_ox
do you think they are aware if you cheat?

If I have to resist my biology equivalency test, will it be the same test ?
Original post by Anagarda
If I have to resist my biology equivalency test, will it be the same test ?

probably not. but do you think they would know if we cheated? coz we didn't share screens.
probably not. but do you think they would know if we cheated? coz we didn't share screens.

Original post by xxgreenxx
Thank you very much for this info re laptop.

Good luck to you too!
Good luck to the both of you! I'm doing mine next week! All the best! :smile: Kelly

So I used my Apple Mac book as did many people.
Some people were wearing headphones and using iPads.

I certainly did not cheat
Reply 44
Hey Edward,Im looking through these threads for some Biology revision links and you mention past papers from Pearson, however there doesnt seem to be a link. I have had a look on their website and i cant find anything :frown:Can you help?Christy
Hi EdwardI did my online test today but am now massively panicking! I added up the marks and only counted 85 in total! Do you think I could have missed a whole chunk of the test somehow?i just scrolled down until the submit button at the bottom? 🤷🏻*♀️
Glad you said this. I took a Biology exam last week. I did not count up the overall marks myself but I did not feel as though there were 133 marks in the exam.
Original post by jojo_ford
Hi EdwardI did my online test today but am now massively panicking! I added up the marks and only counted 85 in total! Do you think I could have missed a whole chunk of the test somehow?i just scrolled down until the submit button at the bottom? 🤷🏻*♀️
Original post by Dave_Perkins87
Glad you said this. I took a Biology exam last week. I did not count up the overall marks myself but I did not feel as though there were 133 marks in the exam.

Oh thank goodness!! Did you just scroll through one page in your exam? And then at the bottom of the page there was the submit button? I’m really worried that maybe there was a page that I missed!
Oh thank goodness!! Did you just scroll through one page in your exam? And then at the bottom of the page there was the submit button? I’m really worried that maybe there was a page that I missed!

Yeah that’s right! I just scrolled through the one page and submitted it at the bottom. I could be wrong but it definitely didn’t seem like there were 133 marks
Has anyone had their results back from any of the August exams yet?
Original post by Cyprus81
Has anyone had their results back from any of the August exams yet?

No, i wish they had an express results service! I have to wait another 12 days
Hey guy's I am sitting the online Biology exam tomorrow and I'm very nervous about it, Can anyone who has already taken it tell me what to expect if they thought it was hard or a nice exam etc thank you
Also guys they opened the application for the 25th August exam on the 21st so I emailed and paid my deposit and haven't heard anything back, I am panicking because the exam is tomorrow. Does anyone know how I get some communication from them? I have emailed so many times.
The number is *01277 203336‬.
The number is *01277 203336‬.

Thanks but i tried that, it keeps going to busy
Original post by AneesaA1
Thanks but i tried that, it keeps going to busy

That’s is the only number. Pretty sure they just disconnect it to avoid calls...they aren’t the most proactive communicators!

Did you check your junk email just incase the exam confirmation went in there?

I did the exam in the 18th which was a Tuesday and received the confirmation on the Sunday.

Good Luck!!!
Hey guy's I am sitting the online Biology exam tomorrow and I'm very nervous about it, Can anyone who has already taken it tell me what to expect if they thought it was hard or a nice exam etc thank you

Did you complete the12 week course or did you opt for just the exam?

If you did the 12 week course then you should be fine. It wasn’t easy but if you’ve revised the recommended subjects you’ll be ok. I think it’s much shorter than the written exam but I found the question that involved a graph more difficult to read on a screen so maybe it’s shorter to allow for things like that.

Good luck!

If you did the 12 week course then you should be fine. It wasn’t easy but if you’ve revised the recommended subjects you’ll be ok. I think it’s much shorter than the written exam but I found the question that involved a graph more difficult to read on a screen so maybe it’s shorter to allow for things like that.

Good luck!

Thank you for replying and being so helpful. I got no reply from them over the weekend so I'm hoping they say something today. I emailed them again so let's see. I did do the 12 week course yes, but I think my nerves are getting the better of me, I hope the 12 week course questions are laid out the same as the ones that will appear in the exam. Did you have 2 screens open? So two devices? I've read that you need to be on zoom as well as google classrooms?
Thanks

Good luck!

That’s is the only number. Pretty sure they just disconnect it to avoid calls...they aren’t the most proactive communicators!

Did you check your junk email just incase the exam confirmation went in there?

I did the exam in the 18th which was a Tuesday and received the confirmation on the Sunday.

Good Luck!!!

the exam isn't too bad. just make sure you revise the

Also guys they opened the application for the 25th August exam on the 21st so I emailed and paid my deposit and haven't heard anything back, I am panicking because the exam is tomorrow. Does anyone know how I get some communication from them? I have emailed so many times.

They are so busy they don't reply to emails. After I'd paid the £30 deposit, they emailed me the night before the exam, with a confirmation I was entered including the 'zoom' meeting yes and password.
Original post by Anagarda
the exam isn't too bad. just make sure you revise the

They are so busy they don't reply to emails. After I'd paid the £30 deposit, they emailed me the night before the exam, with a confirmation I was entered including the 'zoom' meeting yes and password.

This email also included a refined syllabus of what was on the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending