The Student Room Group

'Pass Mark' for DWP Interviews

Scroll to see replies

I am planning on just waiting to see if I make the reserve list. I have no confidence in getting this job. The email they sent me today still claims interview outcomes have not been shared and scoring has not happened. So why have I been scored? It's BS.
Original post by MissC*
Really? Even though it's a fixed term role?

Yeah you’ll just get a shorter probation
Reply 22
That's great news! I know I need to get the job first but that helps with my theoretical longterm planning 😅
So my feedback has now disappeared.
Update:

Scores remain but my feedback remarks are no longer there. The email I received also said that the results have not been shared and they have not been released. Otherwise, I don't know what is happening. For a previous job in the Cabinet Office they had a portal with regular updates, but, the DWP uses the CS portal which offers nothing. My guesses? We'll find out on Monday. Good luck everyone :smile: I have no confidence in getting the job.

My biggest frustration is how they told us via the candidate package to expect an outcome around the 10th of August. Furthermore, they were clearly interviewing for longer than the package stated. I know it is the CS and they do this all the time, but, in these times, it seems particularly insensitive. If the interviews are finished I don't understand how they cannot make up the lists (sort them!) and then share the outcomes. If I didn't get it, ok, but just say? I am sure say, one candidate has 19 and the other has 31 or whatever, surely 19 deserves to be told now they don't have it?

Urrgh. Rant over......
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 25
By feedback do you mean the general remarks? I was surprised how quickly they were able to turn around the feedback tbh. Also, when I had my interview they said they were aiming to let everyone know in the last week of August so we're on track for that.
Original post by MissC*
By feedback do you mean the general remarks? I was surprised how quickly they were able to turn around the feedback tbh. Also, when I had my interview they said they were aiming to let everyone know in the last week of August so we're on track for that.

So why on earth did they not tell the other candidates??? They told me I'd be starting in September. That's not going to happen with pre-employment checks. Ugh. This is frustrating.

But yes, the general remarks :smile:
Reply 27
I specifically asked. They told you that you would be starting in September at interview?
Original post by MissC*
I specifically asked. They told you that you would be starting in September at interview?

And that's what the package says :l
Reply 29
It also says to exercise flexibility through the recruitment process 🤷🏽*♀️
I also asked for specific timescales. I was told 'mid-August' for the results of the interview and very early September for start dates.
I haven't had a reply to my email I sent, and my feedback is still the same as it was yesterday. Who knows what's going on... they don't seem to know themselves! :confused:
Original post by BobCat55
Update:

Scores remain but my feedback remarks are no longer there. The email I received also said that the results have not been shared and they have not been released. Otherwise, I don't know what is happening. For a previous job in the Cabinet Office they had a portal with regular updates, but, the DWP uses the CS portal which offers nothing. My guesses? We'll find out on Monday. Good luck everyone :smile: I have no confidence in getting the job.

My biggest frustration is how they told us via the candidate package to expect an outcome around the 10th of August. Furthermore, they were clearly interviewing for longer than the package stated. I know it is the CS and they do this all the time, but, in these times, it seems particularly insensitive. If the interviews are finished I don't understand how they cannot make up the lists (sort them!) and then share the outcomes. If I didn't get it, ok, but just say? I am sure say, one candidate has 19 and the other has 31 or whatever, surely 19 deserves to be told now they don't have it?

Urrgh. Rant over......

When did you have your interview? I received an email saying I was successful in gaining an interview on 29th July & that I'd receive a phone call in 24/48 hrs. That never happened... got call on 4 August and interview was on 6 August.
Reply 32
My interview was only on the 12th and they still had more to do so they're running at least about 2 weeks behind schedule I reckon? Do you think our application score goes into our final scores? Mine doesn't add up 😕
Original post by MissC*
My interview was only on the 12th and they still had more to do so they're running at least about 2 weeks behind schedule I reckon? Do you think our application score goes into our final scores? Mine doesn't add up 😕

I've heard that they don't use your application scores other than to determine whether you get through the sift. And even if they do - mine still don't add up either.
Original post by paulastamp
I've heard that they don't use your application scores other than to determine whether you get through the sift. And even if they do - mine still don't add up either.

Original post by MissC*

They don’t use your application scores that’s just for the sift. They do add a weighting to your scores and it gives you a weird score that doesn’t make sense.
Reply 35
Original post by S1elyak1
They don’t use your application scores that’s just for the sift. They do add a weighting to your scores and it gives you a weird score that doesn’t make sense.

I won't ask you to explain what the weighting is but thank you for some clarification 🙌
Original post by MissC*
I won't ask you to explain what the weighting is but thank you for some clarification 🙌

It’s 5:4 but not sure which one is which.
Anyone else heard anything yet? I haven't even received a reply to the email I sent Friday lunchtime :K:
Reply 38
Hello! Nothing heard here. I had taken a relaxed approach after the interview, especially after thinking I'd hear back on the week of the 10th and not seeing anything. Checked my CS account today and saw the interview feedback. Like you all, I received scores for the three behaviours (6, 4, 6) and nothing on strengths, but an overall score of 28. I must have performed poorly on the strengths, but tried to answer them all naturally! Anyway, frustrating to not know a timeline, nor what the maximum interview score is. Fingers cross for everyone.
Original post by Jako23
Hello! Nothing heard here. I had taken a relaxed approach after the interview, especially after thinking I'd hear back on the week of the 10th and not seeing anything. Checked my CS account today and saw the interview feedback. Like you all, I received scores for the three behaviours (6, 4, 6) and nothing on strengths, but an overall score of 28. I must have performed poorly on the strengths, but tried to answer them all naturally! Anyway, frustrating to not know a timeline, nor what the maximum interview score is. Fingers cross for everyone.

I'm not sure anyone has had any strengths listed, so wouldn't get too downhearted about that. Also, everyone that has posted their score has been around 27-29 mark, so either we've all done terrible or we'll all have a job - it would just be nice to know which!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending