The Student Room Group

The Generic Gaming Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
@quasa Hi! :hello:

I thought that this thread needs a member with retro taste, so I am here. Guess you are to see me here. :biggrin:

glad to see a fellow retro gamer (which now includes games up to 2002, so that includes Vice City )
Anyone played Streets of Rage 2. Such a classic.

Im currently playing Nier Automata
Original post by quasa
glad to see a fellow retro gamer (which now includes games up to 2002, so that includes Vice City )

Only 2002? I know games and consoles they were made in the late 80s and in the 90s! guess you are not grown up with them. They are the real retro games!
Only 2002? I know games and consoles they were made in the late 80s and in the 90s! guess you are not grown up with them. They are the real retro games!

same here but apparently 2002-2003 is now considered retro / antique.
My f1 2019 career mode has gone a bit potty. I’m in Brazil season 2 driving a RP, the TR and the Alfa have a second a lap over everyone else. It’s a actually hilarious.
Original post by quasa
same here but apparently 2002-2003 is now considered retro / antique.

And one day 2019 will be... time is always running and don't even stop for games. But apart from that what games which were released in the 90s you liked so much?
So excited for 2021, resident evil 8 and outlast 3 are both coming out :gah:
Resident evil 7 is my favourite game story ever, so igneous and can't wait for this one. First the last of us II and now this :biggrin:

Original post by CoolCavy
So excited for 2021, resident evil 8 and outlast 3 are both coming out :gah:
Resident evil 7 is my favourite game story ever, so igneous and can't wait for this one. First the last of us II and now this :biggrin:

did not know you're a gamer!!! Its a bit obvious you like horror games. any other genres / games you like?
Original post by quasa
did not know you're a gamer!!! Its a bit obvious you like horror games. any other genres / games you like?

I'm not :colondollar: I dont play any of them (cant afford the games and dont have anything powerful enough to run on) I just love watching letsplays for the story, i love jacksepticeye's run through of until dawn and RE7. I watch them for the stories really, not so much the gameplay
I love horror stuff :colondollar: i originally got into movies and games like this because i wanted to see if it had any impact on my chronic nightmares. It doesnt so now i just watch them for the enjoyment
Original post by CoolCavy
I'm not :colondollar: I dont play any of them (cant afford the games and dont have anything powerful enough to run on) I just love watching letsplays for the story, i love jacksepticeye's run through of until dawn and RE7. I watch them for the stories really, not so much the gameplay
I love horror stuff :colondollar: i originally got into movies and games like this because i wanted to see if it had any impact on my chronic nightmares. It doesnt so now i just watch them for the enjoyment

fair enough. with me, I dotn really own many videogames but love playing them. What I do, I get new games, then try finishing them within the period I can get a full refund :lol:. sometimes I cant finish it in this period but games I love, I will keep or will buy again when they are on sale.

in terms of videogame storys (or a game which has great cutscene story but the gameplay can be avoided), id recommend red dead redemption 2.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by quasa
Hey everyone, this thread is (as the title suggests) a generic gaming thread, where you can talk about games in general, post gaming news / talk about upcoming games and share your own experiences with games.

As usual on my threads, here are the ground rules:

1)No discriminating against others, although you can badmouth gaming characters
2) No swearing

So everyone, feel free to join in!

Can't believe that I find the thread just now. I like to duscuss about games.

What I would love to know: do you know the Mega Man series?
Can't believe that I find the thread just now. I like to duscuss about games.

What I would love to know: do you know the Mega Man series?

funnily enough I was thinking about megaman earlier this week. they should really do more X games / do a game which bridges megaman and megaman x series (we know x is the last robot light build before he dies, likewise zero and wily; also curious to see if X and zero are the original megaman and protoman who have been upgraded).
Original post by quasa
funnily enough I was thinking about megaman earlier this week. they should really do more X games / do a game which bridges megaman and megaman x series (we know x is the last robot light build before he dies, likewise zero and wily; also curious to see if X and zero are the original megaman and protoman who have been upgraded).

Do you know the fanmade game Mega Man Unlimited? apart from the fact that it is a very good self-made video game, it makes exactly this brigde when Mega Man's last fight in the game is not against Dr. Wily, but Zero! but you are right I wish that Capcom intends to create such a bridge game.

Your favorite part of the series?
Do you know the fanmade game Mega Man Unlimited? apart from the fact that it is a very good self-made video game, it makes exactly this brigde when Mega Man's last fight in the game is not against Dr. Wily, but Zero! but you are right I wish that Capcom intends to create such a bridge game.

Your favorite part of the series?

Tough. I'd say zero has the best story arc (his arc with iris, mega man zero both are great). Wasn't a fan of the original mega man series and preferred x and zero series.

Which reminds me, they should really make a game set towards the end of the maverick wars and set during the elf wars
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by quasa
Tough. I'd say zero has the best story arc (his arc with iris, mega man zero both are great). Wasn't a fan of the original mega man series and preferred x and zero series.

Which reminds me, they should really make a game set towards the end of the maverick wars and set during the elf wars

That is Mega Man X4. That is the first part with a choice mode for X or Zero as playable character. I personally prefer to play with X, it is much easier to fight against the Mavericks in a boss battle by keeping the distance, a circumstance I can't do with a sowrd fighter like zero.

I in turn was not a fan of the zero series, the parts which came after X8. Do you agree that the X series has awesome soundtracks?
That is Mega Man X4. That is the first part with a choice mode for X or Zero as playable character. I personally prefer to play with X, it is much easier to fight against the Mavericks in a boss battle by keeping the distance, a circumstance I can't do with a sowrd fighter like zero.

I in turn was not a fan of the zero series, the parts which came after X8. Do you agree that the X series has awesome soundtracks?

its was good. not personal favs for games but good
Original post by quasa
its was good. not personal favs for games but good

I could list up my favorites from the X series easily, but give it a miss. What game or game series do you think has constantly good soundtracks to listen to?
@quasa hey, are playing steam games anyway? To be honest I still like them! I pay a bargain to play an entire game series. :biggrin:
@quasa hey, are playing steam games anyway? To be honest I still like them! I pay a bargain to play an entire game series. :biggrin:

I only use steam for humble bundles tbh. Gaming for me is predominantly console based. But yeah, there are load of bundles on steam
Original post by username4454836
My current gaming obsession is watching the dumpster fire that is Anthem rage out of control, I have never seen a subreddit quite so unhappy.

It is a real shame because the core gameplay is fun but there is so much wrong that Bioware will likely fail before they finish fixing it.

I still find it disheartening that the company that gave us KOTOR has fallen so low

Quick Reply

Latest