The Student Room Group

Maths A Level Preidcted Grades for UCAS 2021 ENtry to study Mechanical Engineering

Hi,

During lockdown, we had our Year 12 Mock Exams via Online.
In that Exam, I scored an A to A star grade.

I was asked by my school to do another exam so that I can raise and confirm my predocted grade for Maths. In the Second Test, I achieved a grade B.

And I have an exam on the 2nd week back from this break and will be sitting an AS and few A Level Topics on Maths.

My Head of Maths says you need to achieve two A Grades in order to be predicted and confirmed by us an A star Prediction.

Given that I have achieved an A/A star grade on my first exam and a B in my second, what will my school predict me so far?

Is it an A grade?

Also, do I need to get an A grade in my September Mock to be predicted an A Star?

Please suggest and advice me.

I am panicking like anything and I have just under 2-3 weeks to make up and get that A grade in my prediction.

Help me!
Reply 1
I don't think anyone else could confidently tell you what you're going to be predicted except for your teachers.

Different schools and teachers will have slightly different processes in deciding predicted grades. If your teachers have said that you'd need at least 2 As in your mocks to be predicted an A*, then you'd need at least another A, right? Even then, I highly doubt getting 2 As means that you're absolutely guaranteed to be predicted an A*.

All you need to worry about at this point is doing as well as possible on your upcoming tests.
Original post by nzy
I don't think anyone else could confidently tell you what you're going to be predicted except for your teachers.

Different schools and teachers will have slightly different processes in deciding predicted grades. If your teachers have said that you'd need at least 2 As in your mocks to be predicted an A*, then you'd need at least another A, right? Even then, I highly doubt getting 2 As means that you're absolutely guaranteed to be predicted an A*.

All you need to worry about at this point is doing as well as possible on your upcoming tests.

I know.

Im just panicking and it is stressing me out now.

Because the September Mock comprises of Year 12 AS content and a bit of Year 13 Content.

I have just lost some confidence in my self.
Reply 3
Original post by Anisha23456789
Hi,

During lockdown, we had our Year 12 Mock Exams via Online.
In that Exam, I scored an A to A star grade.

I was asked by my school to do another exam so that I can raise and confirm my predocted grade for Maths. In the Second Test, I achieved a grade B.

And I have an exam on the 2nd week back from this break and will be sitting an AS and few A Level Topics on Maths.

My Head of Maths says you need to achieve two A Grades in order to be predicted and confirmed by us an A star Prediction.

Given that I have achieved an A/A star grade on my first exam and a B in my second, what will my school predict me so far?

Is it an A grade?

Also, do I need to get an A grade in my September Mock to be predicted an A Star?

Please suggest and advice me.

I am panicking like anything and I have just under 2-3 weeks to make up and get that A grade in my prediction.

Help me!

I think you should take the October AS as well, for a more accurate approximation. You get results in December, which is still before the deadline. Spare a thought for IAL students like me who are getting results 2 days before the deadline.
My mock grades are awful (ABB) because of insanely hard papers, harsh marking and very high grade boundaries, higher than literally every exam series. This has been the case since IGCSE, when we got 5s/6s in mocks but came out with 75% 7-9 grades. However, we are predicted at least 1 grade higher than the mock grade in each subject, so I am predicted A*AA.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest