The Student Room Group

How to revise Spanish GCSE

Hi I’m going into yr 11 and I have no idea how to revise for Spanish because I started making notes but I realised there would be A LOT, so is there any other methods that are efficient?

Reply 1
hi im also going into year 11! personally, i have used memrise a lot! the exam board for spanish at my school is AQA which i don’t know of the effect that that has on the vocab needed, however those viva (i think its something like that) books with the oranges or whatever on the front are literally there for you to learn. its really helpful for single words and phrases and it is split into 8 modules (i have completed 5/8 so far).

hope this helped and good luck in year 11!
one thing I used was Duolingo but I also got a grammar book and did the exercises in there which helped. at any chance you get practice your speaking
Original post by gso4509
hi im also going into year 11! personally, i have used memrise a lot! the exam board for spanish at my school is AQA which i don’t know of the effect that that has on the vocab needed, however those viva (i think its something like that) books with the oranges or whatever on the front are literally there for you to learn. its really helpful for single words and phrases and it is split into 8 modules (i have completed 5/8 so far).

hope this helped and good luck in year 11!

I’m gonna try and use memrise :smile:. Omg we use that viva book too- so do u learn all the vocab in it from the vocab pages at the end of the module?
Also, how do u learn tenses?
Original post by jadlewis03
one thing I used was Duolingo but I also got a grammar book and did the exercises in there which helped. at any chance you get practice your speaking

Thanks for the tips :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
I’m gonna try and use memrise :smile:. Omg we use that viva book too- so do u learn all the vocab in it from the vocab pages at the end of the module?
Also, how do u learn tenses?

i don’t think it helps you learn tenses specifically, but you’ll pick up a fair amount just from learning all the phrases/words as they change the tenses there :smile:
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
Hi I’m going into yr 11 and I have no idea how to revise for Spanish because I started making notes but I realised there would be A LOT, so is there any other methods that are efficient?

Hi,
I just got my GCSE Spanish result I was a little disappointed with a 7 because with all the work I was putting in I believed I could easily have achieved higher.... anyway to my actual response! For speaking (my favourite) I pre-wrote my responses to my chosen section and learnt them off by heart, I then made sure I had basic responses to the rest of the questions! Make sure your learnt responses are really good to our weigh the more basic responses on the unlearnt questions. As for tenses I made sure I learnt 3 past, present and future really well and then just learnt some phrases from the other tenses that I could drop in my writing! As for vocab quizlet was a saviour I spent hours putting together a class with all my vocab on quizlet and then used the learn section to know it all off by heart. I would be happy to send you the link to this, please bear in mind though that I did aqa and the quizlet contains a couple of hundred terms!
Hope this helps!!
Original post by Millie.km_
Hi,
I just got my GCSE Spanish result I was a little disappointed with a 7 because with all the work I was putting in I believed I could easily have achieved higher.... anyway to my actual response! For speaking (my favourite) I pre-wrote my responses to my chosen section and learnt them off by heart, I then made sure I had basic responses to the rest of the questions! Make sure your learnt responses are really good to our weigh the more basic responses on the unlearnt questions. As for tenses I made sure I learnt 3 past, present and future really well and then just learnt some phrases from the other tenses that I could drop in my writing! As for vocab quizlet was a saviour I spent hours putting together a class with all my vocab on quizlet and then used the learn section to know it all off by heart. I would be happy to send you the link to this, please bear in mind though that I did aqa and the quizlet contains a couple of hundred terms!
Hope this helps!!

Wow a 7 is so good! That’s my aim :smile:
Please could u send me the link if you don't mind? I also do AQA! :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending