The Student Room Group

The Generic Gaming Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kaffee_1998
I still find it disheartening that the company that gave us KOTOR has fallen so low

I'm surprised people still play destiny 2 tbh.

1 game I'm currently playing a lot (apart from gta online) is gundam battle operation 2. Its a fremium game on PS4. Who doesn't want to fight with giant robots :smile:
Original post by quasa
I only use steam for humble bundles tbh. Gaming for me is predominantly console based. But yeah, there are load of bundles on steam

Playing on consoles is thousand times better than on emulator or on steam, there is no discussion, but I can't at the moment because the battery has a short circuit. I already plan to invest in a new one.
Original post by Kallisto
Playing on consoles is thousand times better than on emulator or on steam, there is no discussion

Are you referring to retro games specifically here, or saying all games are better played on console? :holmes:
Touché!

In my own case it is about retro games, as I almost never played another games on another consoles, but I personally think that a gamer who is used to play on consoles and is grown up with them would feel generally a difference. I do: when I put the cartridge into the console, I can say that I am playing the original game. And the term 'original' changes everything: it is the real game, a game that is like a legacy of time when they where available in the shops to buy. Gamers like me are able to say sooner or later that I was a part of this time and I got all the cartridges they aren't avalaible anylonger. That makes playing on consoles so special.
Touché!

In my own case it is about retro games, as I almost never played another games on another consoles, but I personally think that a gamer who is used to play on consoles and is grown up with them would feel generally a difference. I do: when I put the cartridge into the console, I can say that I am playing the original game. And the term 'original' changes everything: it is the real game, a game that is like a legacy of time when they where available in the shops to buy. Gamers like me are able to say sooner or later that I was a part of this time and I got all the cartridges they aren't avalaible anylonger. That makes playing on consoles so special.

Oh I agree, when it comes to cartridge format games their original consoles are undeniably the best medium :yep: It just sounded like you might have been implying console was the superior format for any kind of game, which would definitely have been up for discussion :h:
Just to add: cartridge games stand for a generation people were living. In this sense they have even historical meaning: as witness of a period of time, they are items of your life as a gamer. They are the evidence that you experienced the gaming culture at that time! The main reason why this kind of game as you called is the superior one.
Hey guys! I work for the creative media education provider SAE UK. We have a free online talk with a Concept Artist and Art Director called Jason Pickthall. He's worked on some awesome games including Call of Duty, Skylander and Sea of Thieves.

You can register to attend the event here: https://www.sae.edu/gbr/game-art-masterclass
gamescom opening night live

Original post by quasa
gamescom opening night live

Nice to see that you have even posted the video here too. :smile: Where are gamescoms in Britain anyway?
Man i'm playing valorant and genshin but if I get good at one of them I start sucking on the other one :frown:
Original post by kingofiqtests
Man i'm playing valorant and genshin but if I get good at one of them I start sucking on the other one :frown:

What do you think of Genshin anyway? in the trailers and advertising, the game looks very good and arouses joy to play.
(edited 3 years ago)
Playing on consoles is thousand times better than on emulator or on steam, there is no discussion, but I can't at the moment because the battery has a short circuit. I already plan to invest in a new one.

Well, for 8 and 16-bit gaming i agree playing consoles are best control wise, but some emulators such as Fusion deliver better quality audio and visuals than TV hook ups.
I’m just excited to play the demon souls remake
Original post by noggins
Well, for 8 and 16-bit gaming i agree playing consoles are best control wise, but some emulators such as Fusion deliver better quality audio and visuals than TV hook ups.

Okay, I can invest a sum of money in the devices too, but the nostalgia (knockout argument!) can't be paid. And if a new battery works, it is cheaper anyway.
Reply 74
Anyone played Cyberpunk? I'm waiting for it to go on sale but it keeps creeping into my steam basket.. Help!! :biggrin:
Currently playing GTA V and trying to finish the all missions.
Original post by faisal3542
Currently playing GTA V and trying to finish the all missions.

Any luck finishing it?
Original post by quasa
Any luck finishing it?

Are there really people who play all the missions to the very end? I always gave up when it got to tough! :lol:

Didn't you ever cheat, quasa?
Are there really people who play all the missions to the very end? I always gave up when it got to tough! :lol:

Didn't you ever cheat, quasa?

I used help guides / youtube vids when stuck with side quests but apart from that no (also i somehow got platinum of gta5 :lol:). Personally prefer gta online as it gives you more variety in things to do and am looking forward to it coming as a standalone game on current gen systems
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by quasa
I used help guides / youtube vids when stuck with side quests but apart from that no (also i somehow got platinum of gta5 :lol:). Personally prefer gta online as it gives you more variety in things to do and am looking forward to it coming as a standalone game on current gen systems

Yep, I used the help guides too, but failed after all. So, they had no use for me. You have missed a lot without cheats! never dreamt of drive on water with a car? that is so funny! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest