The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

find a short one or one who has no preference. both exist

right now your problem is not trying because of assumed failure
5”5 is really not that short, I know guys in relationships who are shorter than that

Personally my preference is tall guys but I’ve chatted to two 5”6 guys because superficial things like height go completely out the window when someone has a fun and good personality
I'm a 5"5 girl and I would go out w someone my height, a girl looks for more than just height in a guy
height isnt an issue for most girls
that's perfectly fine! if a girl looks at your for your height then she truly doesn't like you!!
Many guys are that height and still get girls eg my friend from skl was that height when he got his gf. Not all hope is gone, as long as you're not plain boring u have a decent chance

Reminded me of this!!

The point I want to make though is that your physical appearances doesn't matter when true love exists!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm only 5 feet 5 no girl will go near a guy that height I'm so down

That's not true
As long as you have a great personality you shouldn't let your height affect you
Reply 10
All the people here are lying.

The truth is, most girls do prefer taller guys and would never date anyone shorter than them. It is just a fact and it is unavoidable.

But if you find the right person then they would love you despite your height.
Original post by G1iybs
All the people here are lying.

The truth is, most girls do prefer taller guys and would never date anyone shorter than them. It is just a fact and it is unavoidable.

But if you find the right person then they would love you despite your height.

True, cause I never saw any girl with guy below 5'8. All i hear is my friend is 5'5 and got a gf and things like this. Not a single real life story.
I’m 5ft 8 and the guy I’m dating, who I love by the way, is 5ft 5. Anyone who actually likes you for you and cares about you won’t give a **** about your height tbh. Sure, lots of girls like tall guys but lots of girls don’t care as well
I'm 5"9 (female) and I honestly don't care about height, and some of my friends are the same. It's the personality that is important. Not everyone is obsessed with height!
As long as you have a great personality you shouldn't let your height affect you

Maybe he doesn't? Since when are relationships only for people with great personalities?
I'm 5"9 (female) and I honestly don't care about height, and some of my friends are the same. It's the personality that is important. Not everyone is obsessed with height!

I noticed one thing that women who are taller than average don't seem to have problem with a guy's height. Its mostly the women who are average and below.
I'm only 5 feet 5 no girl will go near a guy that height I'm so down

Honestly, I think your mindset is probably holding you back a little. Insecurity is unattractive, whether that’s because you’re a short man or a tall girl. People have preferences but they’re just that and very changeable. A lot of girls end up falling for guys they’d initially thought were ugly which I’d argue is worse than height related issues so of course you have a chance with girls, you’ve just got to find the right ones.
5”5 is fine

Nothing wrong with that height.
Original post by Pugglet
5”5 is fine

Nothing wrong with that height.

Why you always go around and write the same thing? 😂
Got a friend 5'7 (married very happily for nearly 40 years ) with a chap who's 5'3. He's friendly, cheerful, got a good job - what's not to like?
My aunts (5 about 5'1 at most ) have married men of between 5'4 and 6'4, the only tall one ( well relatively, 5'7 ) married a chap of 5'5.

Takes all sorts. Can't say you really notice people's heights once you know them. Their behaviour is the main thing.

Latest

Trending

Trending