The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nae2390
I'm starting a new school so I'm really nervous cause i'm scared to meet new people and make friend! We've literally been in quarantine for half a year that is soooo mad to think about! Good luck with starting a-levels i hope you do really well :smile:

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll make loads of friends, I’m staying at my schools sixth form so I’m not too worried about it. Good luck with a levels and your channel 😊
Original post by Bookworm_88
chemistry!

Original post by Emily~3695
Definitely further maths and chemistry 😬

it's kind of scary because I wouldn't say maths/further maths or chemistry were particularly challenging at GCSE but everyone says how hard they are online and it's really intimidating :frown:(
Reply 82
Original post by philogrobized
it's kind of scary because I wouldn't say maths/further maths or chemistry were particularly challenging at GCSE but everyone says how hard they are online and it's really intimidating :frown:(

Don't be scared! i'm taking maths and chem too, and it will all work out... after all they can't fail everyone:smile:

Yh same, I got a 9 in both maths and chem gcse but I’m still rly worried cos of how hard everyone says they are 😬😬

Yeah, Personally moles and masses were the most difficult topic for me, so I think that is something I need to grasp for A-level
GCSE Grades(if you would like to share them
9999999999A(FSMQ)
Are you satisfied with your grades?
Yes, very!
What subjects are you studying for A-Levels/BTECs
Maths, Chemistry, Biology and French
How are you feeling about starting Year 12?
Kinda scared I'm NOT a people person and I'm going from being alone andiand silent my room for several months to being surrounded by new people. I'm excited to study things I'm actually passionate about though.
Any plans for the next year?
Medicine applications, volleyballI, volunteering. I kinda wanna start another language and do some more supercurricular stuff though I haven't decided.
Any plans made yet for what you will do after A-Levels/BTECs?
Medicine at uni and travel with friends
How was Year 11 for you?
Pretty chill actually (until the exanuexam gradessgrades fiasco) I figured out an efficient and effective study method so I balanced my time pretty well. I kinda wish I was more social though.

Any hobbies/interests?
Volleyball,Cooking , languages, sewing, watchingYwatching Netflix, watching YT

How was your lockdown?
It was a nice reset I kinda wish I enjoyed the time off more instead of working though.

For those with GYGs, feel free to link them...
I don't have one..yet?

Some random questions:
How long do you think it will take to get a CoVid-19 vaccine, if there will ever be one?
I think a year or two I just hope it doesnt end up being something like a flu shot we have to get yearly.

Do you like the summer or the winter?
Winter
Do you think marmite should be banned?
Hell no! It's delicious done well

Do you like Tea or Coffee?
Tea! I'll only ever consume coffee if it's a flavour of dessert
Original post by Oshmit
Don't be scared! i'm taking maths and chem too, and it will all work out... after all they can't fail everyone:smile:

lol.good point 😂
Yh same, I got a 9 in both maths and chem gcse but I’m still rly worried cos of how hard everyone says they are 😬😬

what a levels are you doing?
Original post by Bookworm_88
Yeah, Personally moles and masses were the most difficult topic for me, so I think that is something I need to grasp for A-level

you'll have a lot more attention at sixth form so you'll be fine if you put in the effort to see teachers or watch videos etc :smile:
what a levels are you doing?

I’m doing maths further maths physics and chem, what r u doing?
I’m doing maths further maths physics and chem, what r u doing?

the same lol
GCSE Grades: 9 in sciences, 7 in maths, 6 in English language, 8 in Spanish. With regards to the rest... It is what it is.
Are you satisfied with your grades? : Good enough to get me to the school I want with the subjects I want
What subjects are you studying for A-Levels/BTECs: Physics, maths chemistry bio
How are you feeling about starting Year 12? Very eager as I'll be external.
Any plans for the next year? Smash every subject, hopefully doing a lot of extracurriculars maybe even try some competitions
Any plans made yet for what you will do after A-Levels/BTECs? Something in uni I guess . Relating to physics most likely
How was Year 11 for you? Might have been the worst year of my life academically speaking maybe even mentally
Any hobbies/interests? Badminton, singing drawing,
How was your lockdown? Good, during lockdown I've been able to talk better digitally to my friends cos I hardly ever did before
Is anyone else nervous for starting further maths, physics or chemistry?

Further's not as hard as they say tbh. I'm only done with the first few chapters and I can say that if you have your concepts clear, you'll have no problems. HegartyMath on Youtube is a big help.
Original post by Mynameissecret
Yes! Do you know what exam boards you’re doing? I’m doing aqa in all!

Yh me too! Is it just me or is aqa harder
Original post by RohanHowl
Further's not as hard as they say tbh. I'm only done with the first few chapters and I can say that if you have your concepts clear, you'll have no problems. HegartyMath on Youtube is a big help.

The textbook questions are elementary compared to the standard of questions we face in actual exams - granted, the concepts aren’t difficult but I do think FM does get disgustingly hard when we have to apply everything at the highest level.
Is anyone else nervous for starting further maths, physics or chemistry?

physics and chemistry
Original post by zacn01
The textbook questions are elementary compared to the standard of questions we face in actual exams - granted, the concepts aren’t difficult but I do think FM does get disgustingly hard when we have to apply everything at the highest level.

Do you have any advice for further maths, I’m kinda worrying about it because of how hard the exams are etc.
just posting to sub
Do you have any advice for further maths, I’m kinda worrying about it because of how hard the exams are etc.

I dont, i’m going into Y12 same as you :smile: let’s all just relax and take it as it comes
Original post by zacn01
I dont, i’m going into Y12 same as you :smile: let’s all just relax and take it as it comes

Oh nvm I thought you were year 13 😂 I guess we’ll just have to see how it goes then 😊
Is anyone here going to do an EPQ next year?