The Student Room Group

Who will win the 2020/21 Premier League?

Poll

Who will win the 2020/21 EPL?

As usual, here is the top six and other for you to choose from. Please also reply that who will get relegated.

Scroll to see replies

Here is my final list:

Liverpool
Man City
Tottenham
Arsenal
Chelsea
Man United
Leicester City
Wolves
Newcastle
Everton
Southampton
West Ham
C. Palace
Fulham
Leeds
West Brom
Brighton
Sheff Utd
Burnley
Aston Villa
I bet on Liverpool and hope the team wins the league again to defend. :lfc::king1: See Manchester City as the toughest competitor.
Reply 3
No votes for Man City?! What?
If we (Chelsea) improve our defensive/GK positions then we definitely have a chance
Reply 5
Liverpool/Man City will be winning for atleast the next 3, if not 5, years. Their squad depth (City mainly) and players are just so much more better than any other team in the league.
Reply 6
Currently, Liverpool are strong favourites for the title according to our poll.
Man City if they sign Messi.
Reply 8
The transfer window has got messy.

The owners of La Liga will do everything they can to stop any more stars leaving otherwise their product becomes second-rate
Obviously people will say the team they support.
Cant believe ppl actually voted man utd. We're miles off liverpool and city so it'll be another battle for top4 once again
Original post by x1x1x1
Liverpool/Man City will be winning for atleast the next 3, if not 5, years. Their squad depth (City mainly) and players are just so much more better than any other team in the league.

Agree with every word you said. But maybe I am wrong and it comes to a surprise in the next five years as in 2015/2016 when Leciesterwon the league.
Reply 12
Original post by cloud_9_
Cant believe ppl actually voted man utd. We're miles off liverpool and city so it'll be another battle for top4 once again

And the 2 people who voted for Arsenal!
I think Liverpool but by a smaller margin that last time. The impact of no crowds or even small ones at some point for this season will possibly help some clubs and hinder others. Leeds I think will possibly be one who are hindered by no crowds and if it is only one season, I have some sympathy for their fans (there are some glory seekers who date from the Revie era but I expect only a minority).

Bielsa's interviews will be interesting!
Original post by barnetlad
I think Liverpool but by a smaller margin that last time. The impact of no crowds or even small ones at some point for this season will possibly help some clubs and hinder others. Leeds I think will possibly be one who are hindered by no crowds and if it is only one season, I have some sympathy for their fans (there are some glory seekers who date from the Revie era but I expect only a minority).

Bielsa's interviews will be interesting!

(From a Leeds fan) I agree with everything you said, our first game back after the break we lost to Cardiff and tnl crowds were clearly a shock to the players. I have only been lucky enough to see a couple leeds games at ER (Never had a season ticket due to various reasons and single match tickets can be very hard to get at times)...hopefully I’ll be able to see a game one day, but depends how many glory seekers we’ve picked up from our promotion...

I’m looking forward to bielsa’s tactics, especially v some of the top six.

And to answer the question I think the top 4 from last season will probably be the same, but by a tighter margin.

Will be happy if Leeds finish 12th or above :smile:
I know the championship is nothing like the premier league, but we did have the 2nd top Goals For last season, if you look at some of our dew last games we scored quite a few (including a 5-0 and 4-0 in the last few games)....yes Bamford isn’t the most reliable and we don’t know what Rodrigo will be like in the premier, but I don’t think we’ll comfortably stay up - the bookies seem to think so too....
As long as fans are back for Man U and ER (April 2021) I’ll be happy, obviously the sooner fans are back the better it will be for Leeds but the war of the roses match is an atmosphere I’d love to experience....

Hernandez is a brilliant player for us and scored the only goal in the last minute of our game v swansea (Which was the game which was so crucial in our promotion race), it I’ll also be interesting to see how Kalvin Philips performs in the PL, especially after his England call up.
I think you may be correct about Crystal Palace- there seems often to be a mid-table team that then has a bad season and goes down, such as Watford last season or Stoke when they were relegated.
Because they forgot to turn on the goal line tech vs Sheffield United is the simple answer. If that goal had been given after Nyland carried it over the line, they'd have gone down on goal difference vs Bournemouth.

On relegation actually, I'd put Leicester with an outside shot. Very little squad depth to deal with European football, so will suffer with fatigue, and we were in slightly worse form than Watford for over half the season (24 points from the final 22 games after the 8 game winning run - that form over a full season would have been 41 points and around 14th) with a manager who doesn't have a clue how to turn around poor runs.

Liverpool will probably be favourites, but if Man City get Koulibaly and keep Laporte fit, most of their issues will be solved, with or without Messi.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest