The Student Room Group

Best university for nursing

Pls which university is best in
Nursing that provide students support between university of south Wales,Bolton university,Buckinghamshire new university,huddersfield university,Anglia ruskin university and leeds Beckett university pls
Original post by Mogailcolle
Nursing that provide students support between university of south Wales,Bolton university,Buckinghamshire new university,huddersfield university,Anglia ruskin university and leeds Beckett university pls

Hi, it's great to hear that you're considering studying nursing at the University of South Wales!

Here at USW we pride ourselves on the support that we provide our nursing students, both practically and emotionally. Should you choose USW you will have a personal tutor and a module supervisor. During clinical placements you will also be supported by a qualified nurse who acts as a ‘mentor’.

Did you know that if you choose to study nursing at USW you can also access NHS funding via the NHS Wales Bursary Scheme?

In addition to the above, as a USW nursing student you will learn in our impressive health facilities. Our Clinical Simulation Centre replicates clinical environments for education and training. These include two, four-bedded bays to simulate a hospital setting, dedicated paediatric and maternity facilities, including a special care baby unit, an intensive care environment and an emergency department with a fully equipped ambulance simulator.

If you would like to find out more about our nursing degrees, chat to staff and current students, and find out what it's like to live and study at USW you can book a place at one of our forthcoming online Open Days.

Alternatively please feel free to send me a message and I will be happy to help :smile:

Thanks

Carrie

Hello @Mogailcolle
ARU have been training nurses for 25 years and we are the largest provider for this training in England. We are NMC accredited but the best people to speak to are our students. I can put you in touch! Are you looking at Adult, Children or Mental health nursing? You can read more about the options here.

You can also chat with our expert lecturers and existing students at our next virtual open day on September 26 you can book now. Are you looking to start your degree in September 2020 or 2021??

In regards to support, ARU has counselling & wellbeing services as well as a welcome buddy scheme for welcome week and beyond who will be your first friendly face you can get to know before you start. Is there specific support you want to know more about? Is it learning support for example? I hope to help more if I can :smile: Just let me know what you'd like to know, there's so much on offer at ARU.

Best wishes
Megan
#TeamARU
(edited 3 years ago)
Definitely Southampton outside that list. It's fifth best in the world for Nursing, Midwifery and other vocational health sciences. It's also a Russell Group. However, it's quite competitive out of the other options. I would recommend Huddersfield or Bolton.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Ali12121
Definitely Southampton outside that list. It's fifth best in the world for Nursing, Midwifery and other vocational health sciences. It's also a Russell Group. However, it's quite competitive out of the other options. I would recommend Huddersfield or Bolton.

Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Ali12121

Thanks

Why did you recommend huddersfield and Bolton pls

I'd say Anglia Ruskin out of that list. If you can look at others, look at Nottingham, Southampton, Kings, Surrey. In the end no-one cares where you did your nursing.
Reply 7
Original post by examstress2022
I'd say Anglia Ruskin out of that list. If you can look at others, look at Nottingham, Southampton, Kings, Surrey. In the end no-one cares where you did your nursing.

What of Hertfordshire pls
Is city university a good choice for nursing ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending