The Student Room Group

Personal Statement

I'm applying to Oxford, Bristol, UCL and Kings for a course in Economics and Management/Business but I'm also applying to LSE for a course in only Management, would it be a good idea to include a lot of economics in my personal statement and would that potentially affect my chance at LSE?
yeah, tailor it to both! but focus more on whichever degree course you want to do!
LSE are very particular about their PSs. Oxford would be expecting you to apply for E&M with an economics PS, rather than a management PS. It would be easier if you are applying for economics at all your choices
Reply 3
Original post by Interrobang
LSE are very particular about their PSs. Oxford would be expecting you to apply for E&M with an economics PS, rather than a management PS. It would be easier if you are applying for economics at all your choices

I really want to study a course which offers both economics and management, because I'm really interested in that. So would it be a good idea to write a 60-70% economics PS and a 20% Management PS and 10% for extracurriculars?
Reply 4
Original post by hanustar
I really want to study a course which offers both economics and management, because I'm really interested in that. So would it be a good idea to write a 60-70% economics PS and a 20% Management PS and 10% for extracurriculars?

well as far as LSE's concerned only 20% of your personal statement would actually be relevant to their course

As above - LSE are very specific about their PSs and want it to be 100% focused on the course you are applying for. If you check the unis you are interested in, you may see that you can do electives (so you could do management ones potentially).
Reply 6
As above - LSE are very specific about their PSs and want it to be 100% focused on the course you are applying for. If you check the unis you are interested in, you may see that you can do electives (so you could do management ones potentially).

Makes sense, I'll look into other more economics related courses too. However, on another discussion, a parent mentioned that their child got into LSE Management with a personal statement that had only one paragraph about management and the rest, economics. So im not really sure but I'll definitely look into other courses. Cheers!
Makes sense, I'll look into other more economics related courses too. However, on another discussion, a parent mentioned that their child got into LSE Management with a personal statement that had only one paragraph about management and the rest, economics. So im not really sure but I'll definitely look into other courses. Cheers!

Their website indicates that they are particular about the PS: https://www.lse.ac.uk/Study-at-LSE/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Completing-the-UCAS-form/Personal-Statement

There may be exceptions to the rule, but you definitely shouldn't bet on you being one of them
Reply 8
Their website indicates that they are particular about the PS: https://www.lse.ac.uk/Study-at-LSE/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Completing-the-UCAS-form/Personal-Statement

There may be exceptions to the rule, but you definitely shouldn't bet on you being one of them

Thank you! Will look into it : )
Reply 9
Thank you! Will look into it : )

Hi, I'm thinking about similar courses as you. Please can you inform me what your personal statement ended up being structured like and the offers you received?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending