The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Personal Statement

I'm applying to Oxford, Bristol, UCL and Kings for a course in Economics and Management/Business but I'm also applying to LSE for a course in only Management, would it be a good idea to include a lot of economics in my personal statement and would that potentially affect my chance at LSE?
LSE provide detailed information about what they want in a PS on each course page.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hey, my son got into LSE Management this year. He also applied for Economics at Warwick/Notts/Bham and Management Sciences at UCL. Got offers from all except Warwick. His PS was heavily Economics focussed with one paragraph about “management” based on his observations within a work experience. He also touched upon Statistics/Maths too. He had one paragraph on extra curricular. Hope that helps.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, my son got into LSE Management this year. He also applied for Economics at Warwick/Notts/Bham and Management Sciences at UCL. Got offers from all except Warwick. His PS was heavily Economics focussed with one paragraph about “management” based on his observations within a work experience. He also touched upon Statistics/Maths too. He had one paragraph on extra curricular. Hope that helps.

Thank you so much, I'm applying to courses with Economics and Management so I'll probably give a little more importance to management, thanks a lot I'm really grateful and this really helped a lot!!!
No worries. Hope it goes well!
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Hi, I know its too much to ask and its completely alright if you aren't comfortable doing so, but would it be possible to share your sons PS with me? I just want to see it and note what is expected of me. I'd be very grateful and and it'd help me tremendously. Thank you very much.
Reply 6
Original post by hanustar
Hi, I know its too much to ask and its completely alright if you aren't comfortable doing so, but would it be possible to share your sons PS with me? I just want to see it and note what is expected of me. I'd be very grateful and and it'd help me tremendously. Thank you very much.

I'm applying to the same sort of courses as you. Please can you inform me what your personal statement ended up being like and the offers you received?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending