The Student Room Group

Science / biology Equivalency tests

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anagarda
the exam isn't too bad. just make sure you revise the

They are so busy they don't reply to emails. After I'd paid the £30 deposit, they emailed me the night before the exam, with a confirmation I was entered including the 'zoom' meeting yes and password.

This email also included a refined syllabus of what was on the exam.

Thank you so much! I have really been revising and going over things and trying to remember, I just haven't done this in so long that I hope my brain can remember it all :smile: ha! Okay so if you said they didn't email till night before than I'll be patient and hope they get back to me. Do you know anything about the devices and screens they want open etc as in the layout of how you sit the exam?
supposed to be resitting biology tomorrow, paid my deposit the other day but havent heard anything from them :frown:
Original post by AneesaA1
Thank you so much! I have really been revising and going over things and trying to remember, I just haven't done this in so long that I hope my brain can remember it all :smile: ha! Okay so if you said they didn't email till night before than I'll be patient and hope they get back to me. Do you know anything about the devices and screens they want open etc as in the layout of how you sit the exam?

On the email received from them it stated that you should use a laptop and you will need to log into google classrooms and zoom. :smile:
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
supposed to be resitting biology tomorrow, paid my deposit the other day but havent heard anything from them :frown:

They let me know the night before the exam, so fingers crossed you will hear from them by this evening. Did you previously sit your biology with them or is this the first time you have used them?
Original post by Cyprus81
On the email received from them it stated that you should use a laptop and you will need to log into google classrooms and zoom. :smile:

Thank you so much, so I'll just have my laptop on me.

I hope they reply to our emails!
Original post by Cyprus81
They let me know the night before the exam, so fingers crossed you will hear from them by this evening. Did you previously sit your biology with them or is this the first time you have used them?

Night before? I sat biology with them last month and they got back to me the day before. I dont want to spend the morning faffing around emailing them my ID etc when i could be revising...

so I used my laptop. I turned off all notifications and programs including FaceTime, so I had no interruptions.

you need to download the app ZOOM. create an account.
you need a google account

the email will instruct you to log into ZOOM at 2.15pm. the email should include a ZOOM meeting yes and a passcode

you will then be connected to the invigilator. You need to have your identification ready. This is the ID that you have already emailed an image of to equivalency testing.

the invigilator will then send you an email linking you to google classrooms where you simply CLICK on your exam. BIOLOGY higher and enter your email adresss. then the exam will begin.

Good Luck
so I used my laptop. I turned off all notifications and programs including FaceTime, so I had no interruptions.

you need to download the app ZOOM. create an account.
you need a google account

the email will instruct you to log into ZOOM at 2.15pm. the email should include a ZOOM meeting yes and a passcode

you will then be connected to the invigilator. You need to have your identification ready. This is the ID that you have already emailed an image of to equivalency testing.

the invigilator will then send you an email linking you to google classrooms where you simply CLICK on your exam. BIOLOGY higher and enter your email adresss. then the exam will begin.

Good Luck

Thank you so much, this is incredibly helpful!

Sorry to be a pain, but when I did my maths with them (this was some time ago) it was in an exam room and if anyone had questions etc they would try to help or explain I'm guessing this does not happen over an online exam right?
Thank you so much, this is incredibly helpful!

Sorry to be a pain, but when I did my maths with them (this was some time ago) it was in an exam room and if anyone had questions etc they would try to help or explain I'm guessing this does not happen over an online exam right?

Sorry but there's no help. the invigilator is watching you the whole time
Thank you!
Are you allowed to have a piece of paper next to you to write things down at least? I always draw things out etc but I don't want them to think I am cheating
Thank you!
Are you allowed to have a piece of paper next to you to write things down at least? I always draw things out etc but I don't want them to think I am cheating

I would suggest asking the invigilator
Hi Guys! So I just had my exam and I noticed that on their website it says the exam is out of 126 marks, but when I counted the marks on this exam online it was like 86 or something, I wonder why.
Hi Guys! So I just had my exam and I noticed that on their website it says the exam is out of 126 marks, but when I counted the marks on this exam online it was like 86 or something, I wonder why.

I noticed this a few weeks ago and the only explanation I can come up with is that it takes quite a long time to type and also make sense of visuals on a screen. So I assume they allow you more time per question than if you do the paper exam. 🤷🏻*♀️
I just resat biology, was the exact same questions as last time
Original post by jojo_ford
I noticed this a few weeks ago and the only explanation I can come up with is that it takes quite a long time to type and also make sense of visuals on a screen. So I assume they allow you more time per question than if you do the paper exam. 🤷🏻*♀️

Ahh okay so do you think it will be out of 86?
Ahh okay so do you think it will be out of 86?

Yes I counted the marks and approximately there was 90
Yes I counted the marks and approximately there was 90

Sorry 90 lol so okay Im trying to figure out what percentage I think i will get
Sorry 90 lol so okay Im trying to figure out what percentage I think i will get

I counted 87 but it may have not been an identical exam.
Original post by jojo_ford
I counted 87 but it may have not been an identical exam.

It was a quick count... I had 1 min left ... so it could be 87 !
It was a quick count... I had 1 min left ... so it could be 87 !

Yea I didn’t have much time left either so pretty happy it wasn’t out of 126!!

Quick Reply

Latest