The Student Room Group

Brunel or Reading for Law?

Which university do law firms prefer for llb law?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Perhaps Reading? Honestly, as long as you are one of the top students in the unis, they might offer you a job whether you are in Reading or Brunel.
Reply 2
What makes you think Reading is better than Brunel at law? The rankings do have Reading higher but Brunel is a Russell group and their appears to be more trainee or lawyers coming out of Brunel
Original post by master1
What makes you think Reading is better than Brunel at law? The rankings do have Reading higher but Brunel is a Russell group and their appears to be more trainee or lawyers coming out of Brunel

Brunel isn't a Russell group, if you think it is show us the link
Reply 4
Original post by Ali12121
Neither is Reading you bin bag

No need to be rude. Are you that offended lol?

They never said it was.
No need for the insults.
Original post by master1
Which university do law firms prefer for llb law?

Completely indifferent.
Original post by master1
Brunel is a Russell group and their appears to be more trainee or lawyers coming out of Brunel

Original post by harrysbar

Oh dear, pay attention
Reply 8
Original post by master1

I never said Reading is better than Brunel. If you think that there are more trainees/lawyers from Brunel, why not choose Brunel? As I have said, as long as you are one of the top students in either unis, you would have a high chance of getting into a job in the legal industry.

I chose Reading because I'm not a big fan of London unis, but it's still a relatively good uni.
Reply 9
Oh God, this thread is full of idiots who don't understand the legal sector. Basically both Reading and Brunel aren't RG and never will be. They're both **** holes and if you end up there, you're definitely going into PR or marketing rather than law. No high street firm and certainly no magic circle firm would even take a glance at a brunel/reading certificate. end of discussion.

Of course it would be great to enter top London unis or Oxbridge or other top unis like Durham. But you won't put all the top unis as your choices. You would want to choose some unis as insurance.

The person just asked which unis have better employability in the legal industry. No one said it has to be high street firms and it's hard to get into them even if you graduate from such top unis. From what I've heard from other people, as long as you are one of the top students in the uni, you are likely to get a spot for the training contract.
Oh God, this thread is full of idiots who don't understand the legal sector. Basically both Reading and Brunel aren't RG and never will be. They're both **** holes and if you end up there, you're definitely going into PR or marketing rather than law. No high street firm and certainly no magic circle firm would even take a glance at a brunel/reading certificate. end of discussion.

It would be great if you could be a bit respectful. Each person has their own opinion and it's subjective.
Original post by atzy_26
Of course it would be great to enter top London unis or Oxbridge or other top unis like Durham. But you won't put all the top unis as your choices. You would want to choose some unis as insurance.

The person just asked which unis have better employability in the legal industry. No one said it has to be high street firms and it's hard to get into them even if you graduate from such top unis. From what I've heard from other people, as long as you are one of the top students in the uni, you are likely to get a spot for the training contract.

For a low tier one maybe, but not magic circle or a prestigious high Street firm, sorry, and thats coming from someone who's mum is a solicitor
Original post by atzy_26
It would be great if you could be a bit respectful. Each person has their own opinion and it's subjective.

Alright love, just spreading some truth here
Reply 13
Original post by harrysbar

I missed that one must have been looking at a different table. But Brunel does still appear to have more graduates working as trainee lawyers or solicitors. Don't think I have seen much if any coming from reading
For a low tier one maybe, but not magic circle or a prestigious high Street firm, sorry, and thats coming from someone who's mum is a solicitor

The person didn't mention that he/she must enter the magic circle or high street firms, just which uni (Reading or Brunel) is more considered by law firms.
Original post by master1
I missed that one must have been looking at a different table. But Brunel does still appear to have more graduates working as trainee lawyers or solicitors. Don't think I have seen much if any coming from reading

It seems that you have made up your mind to choose Brunel. Why not just choose this uni?
Original post by atzy_26
The person didn't mention that he/she must enter the magic circle or high street firms, just which uni (Reading or Brunel) is more considered by law firms.

yeah to which I replied, neither of them are considered

You seem to have lost the inability to read. How blessed we are to have your contribution.
yeah to which I replied, neither of them are considered

It's impossible that none is considered. The stats didn't show 0% in employability.

*whose* mum is a solicitor .....and big deal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending