The Student Room Group

American ideas about racism are influencing Europe

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LiberOfLondon
What were and are the worldwide effects of Jim Crow?

Go on, tell me. If what you say is true I'll believe what you say.

Systemic Racism isn’t just Jim Crow but actually, let me give you a relatively unknown example:
Black ppl are less likely to receive organ transplants and are more likely to die on a waiting list.

The reasons for different organs are contested but one prevalent problem is with Kidney transplant. Here’s the reason, stemming from a racist study:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC1O_WzBfwq/?igshid=1hkxx0lnr9ovd
Reply 81
Original post by nathan_nacu
Systemic Racism isn’t just Jim Crow but actually, let me give you a relatively unknown example:
Black ppl are less likely to receive organ transplants and are more likely to die on a waiting list.

The reasons for different organs are contested but one prevalent problem is with Kidney transplant. Here’s the reason, stemming from a racist study:

Do you have a real source for this? A random meme account being as far from a credible source as it is possible to get?
Original post by Napp
Do you have a real source for this? A random meme account being as far from a credible source as it is possible to get?

It’s not just a meme lol, and yh u can read about it here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/prospect.org/api/amp/health/kidney-tests-misdiagnosing-african-americans/

This is also the unit used in the UK and worldwide. Just one random example that ppl aren’t aware of or might never even think of, so much more.
Reply 83
It’s not just a meme lol, and yh u can read about it here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/prospect.org/api/amp/health/kidney-tests-misdiagnosing-african-americans/

This is also the unit used in the UK and worldwide. Just one random example that ppl aren’t aware of or might never even think of, so much more.

It says its a meme account?
Thanks for the link though. I do recall hearing about this a while ago but it fell off the reading list somewhere unfortunately.
An example of what exactly sorry? This might just be my interpretation but this seems like a scientific error as opposed to racism?

Jim Crow was the main form that post-slavery institutional racism took in America - the Democrat lawmakers who put it in did so as a way to reinforce white supremacy.
Jim Crow was the main form that post-slavery institutional racism took in America - the Democrat lawmakers who put it in did so as a way to reinforce white supremacy.

Yes that’s cute and all so are u not acknowledging the example, ik full well what Jim Crow laws were ?
Original post by Napp
It says its a meme account?
Thanks for the link though. I do recall hearing about this a while ago but it fell off the reading list somewhere unfortunately.
An example of what exactly sorry? This might just be my interpretation but this seems like a scientific error as opposed to racism?

No, the value originated from a racist experiment lol.
Reply 87
No, the value originated from a racist experiment lol.

Can't say im familiar enough to comment on the experiment past noting that the word racist is not even mentioned in the article you sent.
Reply 88
the Democrat lawmakers who put it in did so as a way to reinforce white supremacy.

Ooo you're being naughty here.

https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/06/25/417154906/dixies-long-journey-from-democratic-stronghold-to-republican-redoubt
Every race has a homeland

Except White people who have to become a minority in every country because its "Racist" to resist

Racism is just a tool to used be used by non-Whites against White people. It doesn't apply to Whites since, as you all say you can't be racist towards Whites. :smile:

If thats the way non-White people want it, then **** you.
You are our enemy and we wil have our revenge.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by SmugConservative
You are our enemy and we wil have our revenge.

:laugh: Bless.

Right, remind me what party the Southern Democrats were members of? For an extra bonus point name me 10 Congressmen or Senators who left the Democrats for the Republicans at the time of the ”party switch”.
Reply 92
Right, remind me what party the Southern Democrats were members of? For an extra bonus point name me 10 Congressmen or Senators who left the Democrats for the Republicans at the time of the ”party switch”.

Still being naughty. The ideological shift is clear in political realignment: the Republicans of the last half century reflect the conservativism of the old Southern Democrats more than even the most conservative of their Democratic contemporaries.

But really it just makes little sense to fix parties to any ideology when the parties are always in ideological flux. Even now the Republican party has quickly moved away from neo conservatism and into Trumpist populism while the Dems are likely heading towards the left and away from neo liberalism despite ol' Biden's nomination.
Original post by Ascend
But really it just makes little sense to fix parties to any ideology when the parties are always in ideological flux. Even now the Republican party has quickly moved away from neo conservatism and into Trumpist populism while the Dems are likely heading towards the left and away from neo liberalism despite ol' Biden's nomination.

I'd say that a two party system makes little to no sense in a country as ideologically diverse as America and that lumping, say, Dubya and the QAnon woman from Georgia or Biden and AOC in the same party isn't going to work out.
Hi all, I would recommend checking out The Equiano Project on YouTube and Facebook. It involves discussions with people from many walks of life who discuss the concepts of race (specifically, transcending it or at least changing the narrative to something which doesn't involve seeing absolutely everything through the lens of your skin colour), arguing against decolonising the curriculum, and defending free speech and expression. There's also an interesting bit of discussion on the fact that we are importing American race issues here, in a country which didn't even have lawful segregation or Jim Crow. It's a real pity White Fragility is being treated as a sacred text which no one can even question.
Reply 95
Original post by SetethFlayn
Hi all, I would recommend checking out The Equiano Project on YouTube and Facebook. It involves discussions with people from many walks of life who discuss the concepts of race (specifically, transcending it or at least changing the narrative to something which doesn't involve seeing absolutely everything through the lens of your skin colour), arguing against decolonising the curriculum, and defending free speech and expression. There's also an interesting bit of discussion on the fact that we are importing American race issues here, in a country which didn't even have lawful segregation or Jim Crow. It's a real pity White Fragility is being treated as a sacred text which no one can even question.

https://www.theequianoproject.com/about

Our Values:
The content of your character, not the colour of your skin.
The Enlightenment. Reason, intellectual ambition and curiosity.
Freedom of thought and speech. To tell the truth, even if it offends others.
Open and robust debate.

So far so good. I like it.
Original post by Ascend
https://www.theequianoproject.com/about

Our Values:
The content of your character, not the colour of your skin.
The Enlightenment. Reason, intellectual ambition and curiosity.
Freedom of thought and speech. To tell the truth, even if it offends others.
Open and robust debate.

So far so good. I like it.

Projects like these give me hope.
Original post by SetethFlayn
Projects like these give me hope.

Or if you’re an intersectionalist, no hope at all :lol:
Reply 98
Original post by Occitanie
Or if you’re an intersectionalist, no hope at all :lol:

Doom and gloom in the endless jihad of finding oppression everywhere.

Original post by Ascend
Doom and gloom in the endless jihad of finding oppression everywhere.

Yeah, they do remind me of Islamic State.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending