The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Accommodation at Uni of Bath

A friend of mine who is also going to bath has heard about his accommodation already but I have not, should I be worried?
Original post by Koopsjnr
A friend of mine who is also going to bath has heard about his accommodation already but I have not, should I be worried?

Hi there,

If Bath is your firm choice, then the university guarantees that they will provide you with accommodation, so if Bath is your firm choice and you've met your offer then I doubt you need to worry. It's likely just that they are working through correspondence, but you can always contact the accommodation team at [email protected] to double check.

If Bath is your insurance choice, then they cannot guarantee you accommodation and, by the sounds of what other applicants are saying, the university hasn't got any more accommodation available. In this case, you have to find other accommodation such as with Hello Student, Student Depot or privately renting a flat/house from a landlord/agency.

I hope this has helped,
Jessica, a final year NatSci student
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Can anyone tell me about the heating system in U of Bath accommodation? I am a fresher of 2020/21 and planning to buy my own duvet when moving into U of Bath accommodation in end Sept. I know it is provided but I prefer to use my own. My question is what kind of duvet I should buy? If there is central heating system inside the accommodation, do I still need a winter duvet (something like Tog 10 +/-)? Should I buy something light that fit all weather ie Summer without heating & winter with heating?

All comments and thoughts are welcome.
Hi. Lots of people I know going to Bath have already got their accommodation. Bath was my firm choice and my place was confirmed on results day and it’s been 2 weeks now. I’m concerned how long it’ll take to get my accommodation email.
Reply 4
Original post by lazy.girl
Hi. Lots of people I know going to Bath have already got their accommodation. Bath was my firm choice and my place was confirmed on results day and it’s been 2 weeks now. I’m concerned how long it’ll take to get my accommodation email.

you're in the same boat as me and a few others it seems, I wouldn't worry too much
I am in the same situation too, trying not to worry but have heard rumours their campus accommodation is fully booked and they are putting people on waiting lists for city accommodation or even bath spa uni accommodation apparently (I don't know if such people had Bath as their firm choice and made it in on results day though). I would be so annoyed if I had got my place on results day with Bath as firm but didn't end up on campus it wouldn't make sense. Campus accommodation first year was a huge pull factor for me.
I am also going to Bath in September as my firm and have heard nothing about accommodation yet although the emails from bath previously stated Mid September the one two weeks did say soon. Hopefully we find out before the end of the month
Reply 7
Original post by Babsie12000
I am also going to Bath in September as my firm and have heard nothing about accommodation yet although the emails from bath previously stated Mid September the one two weeks did say soon. Hopefully we find out before the end of the month

I received my accommodation today for anyone wondering, might be the same for others but it seems they are coming through now, so I wouldn’t worry too much. I was a firm choice who got accepted on results day, but I don’t think bath was clearing this year anyways.
Original post by Koopsjnr
I received my accommodation today for anyone wondering, might be the same for others but it seems they are coming through now, so I wouldn’t worry too much. I was a firm choice who got accepted on results day, but I don’t think bath was clearing this year anyways.

That is quite reassuring hopefully I should hear very soon then.
I put bath as my insurance and missed the offer for my firm so am going to Bath in September but in the welcome email they said they had accommodation for all first year undergraduates that apply?? So what are the chances that I will actually get some accommodation given it was my insurance. I feel like Bath have been all over the place and aren’t being good at communicating because if I’m not gonna get it, time is running out for me to find something else. It’s just annoying
Honestly I think your best bet may be emailing bath although there last email to me stated they aren't in till Thursday but usually bath i'm pretty sure only say they can confirm for people with bath as there firm.

Quick Reply

Latest