The Student Room Group

how do i revise geo

how can i do well in gcse geography and what revision tips and learning tips are effective and helps achieve good grades

Scroll to see replies

case studies are important, revise these constantly. flashcards for diagrams and key processes. i used a myrevisionnotes revision guide for revision and practice questions, a little pricier than CGP i think but worth the money as the layout was really easy to read and they had lots of useful questions.
Original post by absolutelysprout
case studies are important, revise these constantly. flashcards for diagrams and key processes. i used a myrevisionnotes revision guide for revision and practice questions, a little pricier than CGP i think but worth the money as the layout was really easy to read and they had lots of useful questions.

hi thank you sooo much will do
Original post by syakbar2016
hi thank you sooo much will do

no worries:smile: good luck with the subject, i didn't find gcse geog terribly difficult but you get what you put in :yes:
no worries:smile: good luck with the subject, i didn't find gcse geog terribly difficult but you get what you put in :yes:

thank you so much ill try as much as i can my geography teachers has been coming and going since yr7 i had around 20 diff geo teachers thats why im struggling in geography and thats why i need to learn everything by myself and revise
Original post by syakbar2016
thank you so much ill try as much as i can my geography teachers has been coming and going since yr7 i had around 20 diff geo teachers thats why im struggling in geography and thats why i need to learn everything by myself and revise

sorry to hear that, seems to be a problem across many schools recently :redface: geography i'd say isn't too hard content wise to understand, especially the human geography so you can do it!! use stuff like seneca learning to help if you can.
I mainly focused on case studies and exam technique. Knowing the basic content is essential but being able to show the examiner you know it and bringing in little real-world examples/details is very significant too. Once you start feeling confident with the basic content, or even before, start doing a lot of practice papers and exam Qs. From 4-markers all the way through to 12-markers, get teachers to assess them for you and try not to lose little marks. Good luck!

What exam board was this for?
sorry to hear that, seems to be a problem across many schools recently :redface: geography i'd say isn't too hard content wise to understand, especially the human geography so you can do it!! use stuff like seneca learning to help if you can.

hi thank you so much will do have a nice day!!!
Original post by Cherrygrape1234

edexcel gcse maths

oh sorry i meant gcse aqa geography right?
Original post by OCorOOC6337
I mainly focused on case studies and exam technique. Knowing the basic content is essential but being able to show the examiner you know it and bringing in little real-world examples/details is very significant too. Once you start feeling confident with the basic content, or even before, start doing a lot of practice papers and exam Qs. From 4-markers all the way through to 12-markers, get teachers to assess them for you and try not to lose little marks. Good luck!

hii thanks so much i will do thank you :-)
Flashcards for case studies worked well for me.
Original post by xx_clove
Flashcards for case studies worked well for me.

hiii thanks okayy

wjec but i think they do revision guides for other exam boards too.
mindmaps,active recall and past papers
just keeping quizzing yourself
dont keep going over stuff you already know
Original post by emily.g34

hi what does active recall mean and okay thank you so much
its where you read a piece of information then test your self on it e.g. flashcards or a quiz in a text book
http://welcometoalysworld.com/2017/03/31/active-recall-strategies/

yes will do thank youu

yes will do thank youu

Original post by emily.g34

hi okay thanks alot!

Quick Reply