Help! (Confused what my A level results are)

Watch
SZ159
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So my calculated A level results turned out to be BCC. I asked my teachers for my centre assessed grades and they were ABB. And then following the Governments U turn it was stated that everyone would receive their centre assessed grades. So then my head of sixth form sent me an email confirming my centre assessed grades of ABB saying I will receive these results.

I needed a grade 7 in GCSE English language for my course at Uni so I was entered for English language, my English language result came out after my A level results. However my A level results were listed again with my English language GCSE results sheet for some reason (I am not sure if they do this for every student), and they were ACC? I was so confused! One of my A level results was an A this time which was my CAG, but my other subjects didn’t have my grades moved up, they were my calculated government grades.

My sixth form has been sending confirmation letters to every student on their A Level CAG. And my confirmation letter did have my Centre assessed grades as ABB which was correct. However what has me confused is my GCSE English language results sheet which has my A level results listed again with ACC and only one of my subjects being an A and not the other two. I am 100% sure my centre assessed grades were ABB I have gotten confirmation from my teachers from this and double confirmation from my head of sixth form and the school principles’ (this was all before I collected my GCSE English language trait which also has my a level grades in it with only one subject grade being moved up)

I am just concerned as to why my A level results only had one subject boosted to its CAG on the result sheet. Does this mean that only certain subjects will have their CAG awarded? Or will I be awarded all my CAG? Is it 100% that every student will be awarded whatever CAG they had or could their CAG be taken away from them in favour of calculated grades? I have a theory that there was an error with the results sheet and that my CAGS for my other two subjects weren’t submitted yet which is why they didn’t change on the results sheet they were a different exam board after all (AQA), maybe edexcel was just faster to update? I have no idea, someone please explain. I know for a fact my CAG grades are ABB this has been confirmed 2 time’s, will I get these grades, can they be taken away or not awarded? I am just extremely paranoid and confused. I would ask my sixth form about this but I have already emailed them to death before and I don’t wanna do it anymore especially if I am just being paranoid
theJoyfulGeek
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by SZ159)
So my calculated A level results turned out to be BCC. I asked my teachers for my centre assessed grades and they were ABB. And then following the Governments U turn it was stated that everyone would receive their centre assessed grades. So then my head of sixth form sent me an email confirming my centre assessed grades of ABB saying I will receive these results.

I needed a grade 7 in GCSE English language for my course at Uni so I was entered for English language, my English language result came out after my A level results. However my A level results were listed again with my English language GCSE results sheet for some reason (I am not sure if they do this for every student), and they were ACC? I was so confused! One of my A level results was an A this time which was my CAG, but my other subjects didn’t have my grades moved up, they were my calculated government grades.

My sixth form has been sending confirmation letters to every student on their A Level CAG. And my confirmation letter did have my Centre assessed grades as ABB which was correct. However what has me confused is my GCSE English language results sheet which has my A level results listed again with ACC and only one of my subjects being an A and not the other two. I am 100% sure my centre assessed grades were ABB I have gotten confirmation from my teachers from this and double confirmation from my head of sixth form and the school principles’ (this was all before I collected my GCSE English language trait which also has my a level grades in it with only one subject grade being moved up)

I am just concerned as to why my A level results only had one subject boosted to its CAG on the result sheet. Does this mean that only certain subjects will have their CAG awarded? Or will I be awarded all my CAG? Is it 100% that every student will be awarded whatever CAG they had or could their CAG be taken away from them in favour of calculated grades? I have a theory that there was an error with the results sheet and that my CAGS for my other two subjects weren’t submitted yet which is why they didn’t change on the results sheet they were a different exam board after all (AQA), maybe edexcel was just faster to update? I have no idea, someone please explain. I know for a fact my CAG grades are ABB this has been confirmed 2 time’s, will I get these grades, can they be taken away or not awarded? I am just extremely paranoid and confused. I would ask my sixth form about this but I have already emailed them to death before and I don’t wanna do it anymore especially if I am just being paranoid
All subjects should have CAG grades (or algorithm depending on which is highest). There are no subject exceptions, it is 100% certain (unless algorithm is higher), and you're not going to lose them.

Your results sheet is wrong; maybe email them if you're really that paranoid just to check? If not, just trust the confirmation letter.

Also, the CAGs were submitted months ago. The results sheet is just a school thing, not the official document/certificates. Those should all be okay.
SZ159
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by theJoyfulGeek)
All subjects should have CAG grades (or algorithm depending on which is highest). There are no subject exceptions, it is 100% certain (unless algorithm is higher), and you're not going to lose them.

Your results sheet is wrong; maybe email them if you're really that paranoid just to check? If not, just trust the confirmation letter.

Also, the CAGs were submitted months ago. The results sheet is just a school thing, not the official document/certificates. Those should all be okay.
Thanks a bunch for the reassurance, I am sure I am just overthinking it, I asked some students in my year and it seems they also received their CAG via letters like I did, and they were told that those were their final grades so I am hopeful that will be the case. But yes, thanks for the clarification
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (505)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (622)
41.44%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (306)
20.39%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.53%

Watched Threads