The Student Room Group

'Pass Mark' for DWP Interviews

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jako23
Hello! Nothing heard here. I had taken a relaxed approach after the interview, especially after thinking I'd hear back on the week of the 10th and not seeing anything. Checked my CS account today and saw the interview feedback. Like you all, I received scores for the three behaviours (6, 4, 6) and nothing on strengths, but an overall score of 28. I must have performed poorly on the strengths, but tried to answer them all naturally! Anyway, frustrating to not know a timeline, nor what the maximum interview score is. Fingers cross for everyone.

Not sure what you mean? 28 total and 6, 4, 6 for behaviours means you got maximum of 4 for each of the 3 strengths. Isn't that right?
6+4+6 = 16
4x3 = 12
16+12 = 28
Original post by makkurokurosuke
Not sure what you mean? 28 total and 6, 4, 6 for behaviours means you got maximum of 4 for each of the 3 strengths. Isn't that right?
6+4+6 = 16
4x3 = 12
16+12 = 28

What 3 strengths? There were 3 Behaviours that were quoted that would be assessed during the interview, but no specific strengths mentioned.
I am thinking about sending them an email to withdraw my application (not use the button), just to see what they say. Two weeks for the outcome with no emails or advice is just poor.
Original post by BobCat55
I am thinking about sending them an email to withdraw my application (not use the button), just to see what they say. Two weeks for the outcome with no emails or advice is just poor.

I totally agree - especially when we KNOW that the scores and feedback have been done! I have a place lined up to do MH nursing which I could defer for a year if I get the job - but I have had emails from the uni asking me to register etc. & if I delay any longer, my student finance could be delayed.
Quick update - I emailed the cabinet office using the email address at the bottom of the job advert, rather than the DWP recruitment one, and received this response this morning....

We are unsure as to why candidates can see their scores and feedback, as interview results have not been released yet. We are awaiting a response from our support team on this issue. Please bare with us, and we will release the scores just as soon as possible.
DWP use a weighted scoring system for the strengths scores. So you add the total of your strengths scores and times them by 1.75 (i.e 3,3,3 = 9 x 1.75 = 15.75 but round up to 16). Add this total of your behaviours score, and this will be your overall score.
I hope this has made sense.

No, not really....
Reply 45
Original post by paulastamp
Quick update - I emailed the cabinet office using the email address at the bottom of the job advert, rather than the DWP recruitment one, and received this response this morning....

We are unsure as to why candidates can see their scores and feedback, as interview results have not been released yet. We are awaiting a response from our support team on this issue. Please bare with us, and we will release the scores just as soon as possible.
DWP use a weighted scoring system for the strengths scores. So you add the total of your strengths scores and times them by 1.75 (i.e 3,3,3 = 9 x 1.75 = 15.75 but round up to 16). Add this total of your behaviours score, and this will be your overall score.

No, not really....

Ok, so if my calculations are correct, the maximum score is 42. Did anyone else come to that conclusion?
Original post by MissC*
Ok, so if my calculations are correct, the maximum score is 42. Did anyone else come to that conclusion?

I have no scores under strengths, just for behaviours, so I have no idea.
I can't believe how unorganised & unprofessional this whole procedure has been - they obviously have the scores, I've had mine since last Thursday, so why not just officially release them?
I totally agree - especially when we KNOW that the scores and feedback have been done! I have a place lined up to do MH nursing which I could defer for a year if I get the job - but I have had emails from the uni asking me to register etc. & if I delay any longer, my student finance could be delayed.

I am in a similar position. I have until Sunday to let my potential employers for other jobs know what I plan to do.

No, not really....

Well...all I can say for sure is, even if I don't get the job, their recruitment has given me a good laugh.

I also find it odd that, despite them receiving many emails from candidates (and I assume even more), they don't seem to question it? They just seem to accept it and not see a problem with it. I've always been told that you can tell how a company is based on the recruitment.

I secured a Cabinet office job and they were really good in the application process with the results made clear in two weeks. This is really bad.
(edited 3 years ago)
Update: So another day with no update or any clue of what is going on. I have decided to withdraw my application as it is taking too long. Saying that, I did see this:

https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi?SID=dXNlcnNlYXJjaGNvbnRleHQ9MTA2OTgxMDU2JnNlYXJjaF9zbGljZV9jdXJyZW50PTImcGFnZWNsYXNzPUpvYnMmb3duZXI9NTA3MDAwMCZwYWdlYWN0aW9uPXZpZXd2YWNieWpvYmxpc3Qmam9ibGlzdF92aWV3X3ZhYz0xNjg0NDI4Jm93bmVydHlwZT1mYWlyJmNzb3VyY2U9Y3Nxc2VhcmNoJnJlcXNpZz0xNTk4NDM0Njk0LTNkYWZjZjgyMDRlNWMzYmU3YjdjOTk0ZjgwNjQ3Y2UxZTM0N2M1ZTY=

It looks like they are hiring for the senior position above now. I have a really bad feeling that when they do offer positions, it'll b a case of two weeks waiting for the pre-employment portal, two months of that and then six months before starting. I wish everyone here good luck!!!!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 50
Update: So another day with no update or any clue of what is going on. I have decided to withdraw my application as it is taking too long. Saying that, I did see this:

https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi?SID=dXNlcnNlYXJjaGNvbnRleHQ9MTA2OTgxMDU2JnNlYXJjaF9zbGljZV9jdXJyZW50PTImcGFnZWNsYXNzPUpvYnMmb3duZXI9NTA3MDAwMCZwYWdlYWN0aW9uPXZpZXd2YWNieWpvYmxpc3Qmam9ibGlzdF92aWV3X3ZhYz0xNjg0NDI4Jm93bmVydHlwZT1mYWlyJmNzb3VyY2U9Y3Nxc2VhcmNoJnJlcXNpZz0xNTk4NDM0Njk0LTNkYWZjZjgyMDRlNWMzYmU3YjdjOTk0ZjgwNjQ3Y2UxZTM0N2M1ZTY=

It looks like they are hiring for the senior position above now. I have a really bad feeling that when they do offer positions, it'll b a case of two weeks waiting for the pre-employment portal, two months of that and then six months before starting. I wish everyone here good luck!!!!!

Sorry to hear. Are you currently in another job? Did you formally withdraw via the button or let them know through email? It remains frustrating, but that new positions does look troubling regarding the timescale of waiting.
Reply 51
My application on CS Jobs now says Application Being Reviewed whereas before it said Application Update 🤷🏻*♀️
Reply 52
Original post by MissC*
My application on CS Jobs now says Application Being Reviewed whereas before it said Application Update 🤷🏻*♀️

Interesting. Mine hasn't changed! Good luck, regardless. Like others, did you receive feedback/scores prior to the transition to "being reviewed"?
Reply 53
Original post by Jako23
Interesting. Mine hasn't changed! Good luck, regardless. Like others, did you receive feedback/scores prior to the transition to "being reviewed"?

Thank you, that's very kind to wish me luck! Good luck to you too. Yes, I received my feedback on Friday, I think that's when everyone got it. Did you? I checked yesterday and it still said Application Update so this is a recent development.
I too am afraid this will happen, with start dates ending up being half way through October, so no pay 'til the end of November. I applied to go back to uni well before I applied for this job & I was going to defer my place for a year, but have now decided to go with it. I'm curious as to whether I would have been successful, so not officially withdrawing my application until I find out! As BobCat55 said - Good Luck everyone else!

This position is grade 7 - the LDO is grade 5 isn't it ? So in effect, it would be our boss's boss. Makes you wonder whether the grade 6 is sorted.
Reply 56
Hi everyone, I received a provisional offer this morning! :smile:. It's a bit confusing still; I don't have information about the start date or exact location yet, though I know they said it may be working from home for a while.

How did everyone else get on?
Reply 57
Original post by Budcat
Hi everyone, I received a provisional offer this morning! :smile:. It's a bit confusing still; I don't have information about the start date or exact location yet, though I know they said it may be working from home for a while.

How did everyone else get on?

Congratulations! Great to hear they're letting people know today. Can I ask, what was your score and how did they inform you?
I met the required standard but they 'can't offer me a position at the moment' so have put me on the reserve list. My score was 29. Well done & good luck to everyone else!
Reply 59
Also just received my provisional offer. My score was 38 to answer my own question 😅

Quick Reply