The Student Room Group

Anglia Ruskin is ruining my life

Little rant: I regret going so bad except they called other university and told them that I am with them. I asked my the uni I was moving to why they called them, they told me ARU called them to tell them. So I stayed with ARU and it’s been hell theyre literally ruining everything. There’s nobody to complain to even if you complain you’re complaining to the other staffs. Many students have had the same issue they’re just after the money atleast other unis will pretend but this uni is so obvious with it.

This is my experience and other people’s experience yours might be different but we all think we will be different so be very careful applying there.
Original post by Freedomisin
Little rant: I regret going so bad except they called other university and told them that I am with them. I asked my the uni I was moving to why they called them, they told me ARU called them to tell them. So I stayed with ARU and it’s been hell theyre literally ruining everything. There’s nobody to complain to even if you complain you’re complaining to the other staffs. Many students have had the same issue they’re just after the money atleast other unis will pretend but this uni is so obvious with it.

This is my experience and other people’s experience yours might be different but we all think we will be different so be very careful applying there.

Can you withdraw and go to the other uni? I don't think you should be forced to attend ARU.
You can probably complain to the QAA about it
Reply 3
Original post by Wired_1800
Can you withdraw and go to the other uni? I don't think you should be forced to attend ARU.

I’m going to do that it seems like they won’t leave me alone they’re unhelpful when I’m with them but they won’t allow me to go anywhere else I’m deffo withdrawing. They’re sick.
Reply 4
Original post by Helloworld_95
You can probably complain to the QAA about it

What’s a university QAA and would something Actually be done by complaining? I just find it very strange in general about HOW they knew I was looking for other unis I don’t get it
Reply 5
In fact it’s not Anglia Ruskin but ARUC ( Anglia Ruskin college) “Cric”
I’m going to do that it seems like they won’t leave me alone they’re unhelpful when I’m with them but they won’t allow me to go anywhere else I’m deffo withdrawing. They’re sick.

Please do and also lodge a complaint about how bad you have been treated. All the best.
Reply 7
Please do and also lodge a complaint about how bad you have been treated. All the best.

“Cric” Anglia Ruskin college ( ARUC) it’s a very malicious money hungry university who treat students people of colour get it worse.
How do you think it’s possible that they know what universities I’m applying that’s what is confusing me the most do you have any idea how that system works?
What’s a university QAA and would something Actually be done by complaining? I just find it very strange in general about HOW they knew I was looking for other unis I don’t get it

They're the regulator for universities.

It's probably also worth contacting UCAS to tell them what's happening.
“Cric” Anglia Ruskin college ( ARUC) it’s a very malicious money hungry university who treat students people of colour get it worse.
How do you think it’s possible that they know what universities I’m applying that’s what is confusing me the most do you have any idea how that system works?

Once you've firmed/insured all of your choices can see eachother. It's unclear what's actually going on, you didn't have to stay at ARU.

I don't know how they know but you should not allow them to treat you like horse manure.
I don't know how they know but you should not allow them to treat you like horse manure.

Exactly very racist bunch. Don’t send your children or sister or cousin there people are warning others of this university i think others are speaking out now against them

It's not clear what is happening.

Have you already started at Anglia Ruskin? Or did you apply to start this summer/autumn?
Original post by Desideri
It's not clear what is happening.

Have you already started at Anglia Ruskin? Or did you apply to start this summer/autumn?

I’ve applied to start this autumn but the way this is going I’m ready to be released. Maybe it isn’t discrimination but I think they even take the entire uni as a joke it doesn’t look right tbh and they seem bored of students who don’t speak English. I speak English tho I’ve been here since I was a toddler.
Reply 14
I am studying in ARU East India campus, is such a joke honestly.. they are playing with the missing attendance so at the end you to repeat the year, is such a discrimination there. If you are east European and ask for something you will receive the most cold less information answer ever. I see that with people from my class. I had situation where after making my final exam on zoom presentation ( recorded) they mark me like NO SHOW and I had F, so is take ages to fix that and few months in stress would you continue or repeat the year. If you want good uni- DO NOT CHOOSE ANGLIA RUSKIN 😀 If you want to complain about something, take a deep breath and call a friend. Will be more helpful than trying to find someone to help sort problem there.
Reply 15

They ruined my life… same but worst happened to me. Still refusing me a full refund after the brutally bullying on there Cambridge campus. Never GO TO ANGLIA RUSKIN UNIVERSITY. They ruin dreams and waste your life. Wasted 7 years. Bullied me while my mother was dying.

Quick Reply

Latest