The Student Room Group

17 year old charged with homicide during riots in America

Scroll to see replies

Who would have thought illegal rioters with a history of attacking whomever they please then chase someone with a gun and assault them with a hidden weapon might get shot. :rolleyes:

Original post by Occitanie
Yeah, that’s when I think **** will really hit the fan, especially if Trump wins.

Law and order might actually be applied?
Original post by Captain Haddock
There's still the question of why the police were seemingly encouraging and possibly even coordinating with a ragtag bunch of untrained, heavily armed teenagers - post curfew - in an extremely volatile situation.

There's far more evidence of police or politicians aiding or ignoring the rioters across plenty of areas.
Original post by TheStupidMoon
There's far more evidence of police or politicians aiding or ignoring the rioters across plenty of areas.

For 3 months or more 😕
Reply 23
There's video of the first shooting - basically a guy is chasing the shooter for unknown reasons, throws a plastic bag at him then gets shot in the head. It's ambiguous enough that it won't settle any online debates but ultimately it's for the courts to decide now.

There's still the question of why the police were seemingly encouraging and possibly even coordinating with a ragtag bunch of untrained, heavily armed teenagers - post curfew - in an extremely volatile situation.

I saw him get clobbered with a skatboard from the other angle? Plus the guy with the Glock but ultimately you're right apropos the courts.
True on that, i heard he was part of a group of 'militia' men who were seeking to be deputised (scaring the police away due to numbers) theres a letter from them to the local PD which was quite ominous in its tone.
The guy who was shot in the arm by the 17-year old had a handgun as he approached shooter

Here's the video

https://twitter.com/i/status/1299087825854316549

@Napp
@Ascend
Original post by Napp
I saw him get clobbered with a skatboard from the other angle? Plus the guy with the Glock but ultimately you're right apropos the courts.
True on that, i heard he was part of a group of 'militia' men who were seeking to be deputised (scaring the police away due to numbers) theres a letter from them to the local PD which was quite ominous in its tone.

Separate incidents. Skateboard Dude and Glock Geezer only jumped in after he'd already shot somebody in the head, so we can't really judge them until we get a better understanding of the first killing.

But yeah the cops on the ground seemed only too happy to have them there, despite the official rejection by the PD. There's a video somewhere where a rather shell-shocked militia kid says the police told them they're gonna 'push' the protesters toward them, so they can 'deal with them'.
Separate incidents. Skateboard Dude and Glock Geezer only jumped in after he'd already shot somebody in the head, so we can't really judge them until we get a better understanding of the first killing.

But yeah the cops on the ground seemed only too happy to have them there, despite the official rejection by the PD. There's a video somewhere where a rather shell-shocked militia kid says the police told them they're gonna 'push' the protesters toward them, so they can 'deal with them'.

I'm telling you, we're witnessing the tipping point. I hate to say it but it's about to boil over to a whole new level.
Reply 27

Its all part of the same incident no? Given the mob was already on him? From the video he appeared to antagonise them (his bad) they proceeded to attack him at which point the armed mob was fired on by the kid?
It seems unlikely the kid randomly shot someone for shits and giggles.

On the second charge i cant comment not knowing enough but i wouldnt be surprised to be honest. Either way, i'm reticent about exculpating the rioters from their role in this
https://youtu.be/3j7ycQOH96M

" Cities burn, does the media care?"

I'll be gobsmacked if this carries on and trump doesn't get back in.
Original post by Napp
Its all part of the same incident no? Given the mob was already on him? From the video he appeared to antagonise them (his bad) they proceeded to attack him at which point the armed mob was fired on by the kid?
It seems unlikely the kid randomly shot someone for shits and giggles.

On the second charge i cant comment not knowing enough but i wouldnt be surprised to be honest. Either way, i'm reticent about exculpating the rioters from their role in this

The video of the first shooting can be seen here:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8670717/Disturbing-new-footage-shows-gunman-17-shooting-dead-victim-Kenosha.html

It's just one guy chasing him for whatever reason. He shoots him, stands around for a bit, runs off, then gets mobbed.
Reply 30
The video of the first shooting can be seen here:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8670717/Disturbing-new-footage-shows-gunman-17-shooting-dead-victim-Kenosha.html

It's just one guy chasing him for whatever reason. He shoots him, stands around for a bit, runs off, then gets mobbed.

I'll give the video a watch when im free this evening.
Suffice it to say, from what i've seen already there were shots fired (whether into the air or at him) before he fired on the rioters.
As i said though, i'm finding it hard to fault him (bar his illegal possession of weapons) for defending himself against armed thugs...
Reply 31
The whole thing almost seems like a proxy war. The left are unwilling to harshly criticise the rioters, the right are uSubmit reply

nwilling to criticise the sort of yahoos that dress up in military gear and run around with assault rifles. Neither side seems to care much about deescalation. You do have to wonder what happens before people realise the costs of this are too high.

I'm actually amazed, with the rioters, at how they possibly think keeping this going is doing their case any good whatsoever. The main impact of their actions seems to be ruining their own cities and neighbourhoods.

With US politics so polarised, I'm not sure either side can credibly speak to the other. In better times, we might have seen unity between presidential candidates on important issues like this. Not now.

And in this case, it's clear both sides are acting improperly. I wouldn't want to judge criminal liability here, but both are on the streets to cause trouble, both are goading each other into violence.
Original post by Napp

In fairness, you're perfectly allowed to shoot someone in Europe and Britain in self defence it just requires a hell of a lot of justification, if we ignore the incomparability of the stories (walking the streets armed) if someone with a gun broke into your house and tried to kill you theres nothing inherently wrong with defending yourself there.

Yes, but that's a very different situation in multiple ways. You are of course, perfectly within your rights to be in your own home, and the violent, potentially lethal situation of someone with a gun breaking into it is neither one you chose to enter into, nor one you should have reasonably expected. By contrast, Rittenhouse had no right to be there, no right to carry a gun, and was voluntarily entering a violent and potentially lethal situation.
Reply 33
Original post by TheStupidMoon

Law and order might actually be applied?

Given his sole purpose (and one that his staff have admitted) is to inflame tensions, i doubt it. Never mind the fact setting shock troops on protesters has demonstrably served to radialise more of them.
Shocking footage of a big crowd stood over a woman dining outside a restaurant, all with their fists raised, screaming in her face to do the same, raise her fist in support while she I assume it's refusing to be cowered.

**** you will never see on the MSM

https://youtu.be/evZd2-d-oG8
(starts at 11:30)

How on earth can BLM possibly think these tactics will do anything other than work against them.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Just my opinion
Shocking footage of a big crowd stood over a woman dining outside a restaurant, all with their fists raised, screaming in her face to do the same, raise her fist in support while she I assume it's refusing to be cowered.

**** you will never see on the MSM

https://youtu.be/evZd2-d-oG8
(starts at 11:30)

How on earth can BLM possibly think these tactics will do anything other than work against them.

Reply 36
With all this Faith Militant nonsense, the following dignified personality will prevail:

I'll take a knee for you
I'll take a knee with you
But if you demand I take a knee, prepare to fight

In the meantime, these far left authoritarians are simply being useful idiots for far right authoritarians because they're sure as **** not helping anyone else.
That picture is spot on.
It must be worth countless swing voters to Trump.
The left have a saying , "Become ungovernable" this is what we are seeing in real time night after night.
I can only think their tactic is to make voters scared of, "If they are doing this now, what will they do if you vote trump and he wins"
Scaring people into voting democrat as it were.
Can you imagine the MSM reaction if that was a Trump supporting mob bullying that woman?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by Just my opinion
The left have a saying , "Become ungovernable" this is what we are seeing in real time night after night.
I can only think their tactic is to make voters scared of, "If they are doing this now, what will they do if you vote trump and he wins"

I think we'd give them too much credit by assuming that they have any tactics let alone an endgame. Anarcho-communists cosplaying a cultural revolution in one of the most comfortably liberal capitalist societies will not succeed at anything except being annoying little shits.
Reply 39
Original post by Ascend
I think we'd give them too much credit by assuming that they have any tactics let alone an endgame. Anarcho-communists cosplaying a cultural revolution in one of the most comfortably liberal capitalist societies will not succeed at anything except being annoying little shits.

I'm just waiting for them, or the right wing militias as well for that matter, to over step the mark and light this powder keg. Two armed groups of lunatics can never end well. Although the pinkos seem to be being exponentially worse at the moment. With convincing arguments being made to call them domestic terrorists now with this unbridled violence and just dumb****ery like pointing a gun at a soldier and promptly being shot for it .. it was rather amusing hearing his friends try to justify his actions and say he the soldier was in the wrong :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest