The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Anyone going to west London university?!

Hiii guys
Anyone going west London uni this year?
I’m going to study biomedical science with foundation year.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Alisha15
Hiii guys

Glad to hear you got things sorted. Could you possibly update the other thread about how things worked out as it would help others in similar situations.
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Scotney
Glad to hear you got things sorted. Could you possibly update the other thread about how things worked out as it would help others in similar situations.

Hi, thank you. Everything got sorted out! And yes definitely I’ll update it now.
Reply 3
Hiii guys

Hi yes I've applied for sep intake have you received your CAS letter ?
Reply 4
Original post by Rompo
Hi yes I've applied for sep intake have you received your CAS letter ?

Hi sorry what’s a cas letter? 😅

A CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) letter is an electronic document issued by the university in support of your application for a student visa

So for people who are not British citizens
I'll be starting second year at UWL for Early Years Education so feel free to ask any questions
Reply 7

Confirmation acceptance of studies for international students
Reply 8
Original post by Starlight15
A CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) letter is an electronic document issued by the university in support of your application for a student visa

So for people who are not British citizens

Oh I’m actually british. I got a response through ucas a week ago.
Oh I’m actually british. I got a response through ucas a week ago.

Nice! How do you feel about studying ar UWL soon?
Reply 10
I'll be starting second year at UWL for Early Years Education so feel free to ask any questions

Hi!! Could you please tell me if the lecturers are helpful? And how life is like at campus. Thank you!
Hi!! Could you please tell me if the lecturers are helpful? And how life is like at campus. Thank you!

I really enjoyed my lectures in my course they sometimes ask you questions or do activities during lectures, also my lectures are willing to answer questions during lectures and if you don't understand anything from lectures they will provide you an opportunity to explain it to you simply during seminars.

So for lectures we'll normally have it in the big lecture hall and seminars in small classroom, normally divided to no more than 15. Since the current announcement of providing 80% of the educational experience will be on campus I'm really happy about it since I can't really focus at home and focus better in the library

I really enjoy both of the campuses at UWL and they even provide a uni bus for free (note: it's a single bus not a double decker) from St Mary's to Brentford. In terms of library they provide a library both at Brentford and St Mary's if I had to choose which one is better it's St Mary's they have three floors for the library the first floor is for normal noise and group work, the second floor is the quiet floor where you have to talk quietly and the 3rd floor is the silent floor so no noise at all.

Also, if you want to find books the will be at St Mary's and for each floor they show you books for different courses so if your looking at books for biology you can check the sign on each floor for the correct book

I also love the cafeteria in both St Mary's and Brentford both campuses have the same meal course for each day, they also have a starbucks in the campus and provide other foods as well. In brentford they have co op which is really useful for people living in accommodations and they just need to walk three minutes to the shops, they also have a subway in the brenford campuses which is like a 2 minute walk from the campus.

In St Mary's they have a Gym and a sports centre so if you want to make your own society like the tennis society you can play tennis in the sports centre.

Both campuses would seem confusing at first when you enter but you will get used to it in a couple of weeks. In both Brentford and St Mary's they provide a lift with brenford having four lifts which is a good thing as we have lots of students in Brentford. If you want to have a good workout try taking the stairs at Brentford it's really a workout! I always stop on the 3rd floor because I'm already tired 😅😂.

You will love UWL 😊 it's a great place to be a provide so much support such as the welfare team which can support you with you mental health, financial support team, academic support team and so much more 😁

I'm going into my final year at University of West London to studying Early years education. I'm not gonna lie some of the modules are a bit boring as I've learnt it before but it's really good and I like the placements that I've been able to go on. I didn't just do it at school and they helped me to do various placement. They were helpful when I fell ill and had to take a year out. Not sure what class will be like during the pandemic but I'm looking forward to it.
Original post by ILoveSunsets
I'm going into my final year at University of West London to studying Early years education. I'm not gonna lie some of the modules are a bit boring as I've learnt it before but it's really good and I like the placements that I've been able to go on. I didn't just do it at school and they helped me to do various placement. They were helpful when I fell ill and had to take a year out. Not sure what class will be like during the pandemic but I'm looking forward to it.

You can do more than one placement in second year? That will be extremely helpful if I can
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 14
Hiii guys

Studying Games Design and Animation level 5 at university of west London
Original post by EJC001
Studying Games Design and Animation level 5 at university of west London

Nice! How are you feeling going into second year as now second year will count towards your degree
You can do more than one placement in second year? That will be extremely helpful if I can

It's really up to you. The placement is compulsory but you don't have to stop there. Volunteer at children's charity or wherever you like and develop your skills
Original post by ILoveSunsets
It's really up to you. The placement is compulsory but you don't have to stop there. Volunteer at children's charity or wherever you like and develop your skills

Thank you :smile:. What I'm planning on doing is that per 2 months I'm going to different placements (so three placements overall as I start my placement in January and finish in June)
Reply 18
Nice! How are you feeling going into second year as now second year will count towards your degree

Little nervous it will get harder. I didn't do too bad in my first year, got a 2:1. Would like to finish with a first this year but will be realistic and aim for a 2:1.
Reply 19
Hey, I'm studying recording mixing and production with a foundation year, move in on the 19th

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending