The Student Room Group

is this a good a level combination?

For A levels i wanted to do biology, psychology and geography but i didn’t get the grades i needed to do biology.
I don’t really know what career i want to do isn’t he future but i have recently been looking into doing law but still want to keep my options open so my choices are now Geography, English literature and psychology, is this a good combination of subjects or are they to random to eachother?
Reply 1
Original post by Help.me.out101
For A levels i wanted to do biology, psychology and geography but i didn’t get the grades i needed to do biology.
I don’t really know what career i want to do isn’t he future but i have recently been looking into doing law but still want to keep my options open so my choices are now Geography, English literature and psychology, is this a good combination of subjects or are they to random to eachother?

I do biology, chemistry and geography and am going into year 13. it would have been better if you would have been able to take biology, to keep some options open and some of the content overlaps with geography. Its still a good combination of subjects, as they are essay subjects
yeah those are a fine combination

contrary to popular belief, 'the right set of A levels' isn't half as important as picking solid ones you'll do well in

bar needing some qualifying A levels, like maths and FM to study degree level maths for example, most people will never encounter difficulty at having not chosen a certain A level over another because ultimately, they're just A levels really
Original post by Raja12
I do biology, chemistry and geography and am going into year 13. it would have been better if you would have been able to take biology, to keep some options open and some of the content overlaps with geography. Its still a good combination of subjects, as they are essay subjects

yeah i really wanted to do biology but the sixth form i’m going to won’t allow me but maybe it’s for the best as i would’ve probably struggled with it
Original post by Help.me.out101

Hi @Help.me.out101

Because Law does not have any specific A level requirements these subjects would be fine for it. However, if you want to keep your options open I would recommend looking at the other sorts of degrees you are interested in and seeing if they have any specific A level requirements.

Good luck!

Zaira :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest