The Student Room Group

2020 US Presidential Election thread - Joe Biden inaugurated at 5pm today

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georgeparapet
Spot an authoritarian, have you seen those videos of protesters screaming at people to raise their fists with them? That's authoritarianism.

Source?

Being screamed at pales in comparison to being tear gassed.
Reply 21
Spot an authoritarian, have you seen those videos of protesters screaming at people to raise their fists with them? That's authoritarianism.

Original post by SHallowvale
Source?

Being screamed at pales in comparison to being tear gassed.

Ask and you shall receive.

IShocking footage of a big crowd stood over a woman dining outside a restaurant, all with their fists raised, screaming in her face to do the same, raise her fist in support while she I assume it's refusing to be cowered.

**** you will never see on the MSM

https://youtu.be/evZd2-d-oG8
(starts at 11:30)

not surprised you haven't seen their dirty bullying tactics as the MSM don't show them.

Can you imagine what the MSM would do if that was Trump supporters bullying and threatening that woman.
(Who has balls of steel btw)
Original post by Just my opinion
Ask and you shall receive.

IShocking footage of a big crowd stood over a woman dining outside a restaurant, all with their fists raised, screaming in her face to do the same, raise her fist in support while she I assume it's refusing to be cowered.

**** you will never see on the MSM

https://youtu.be/evZd2-d-oG8
(starts at 11:30)

not surprised you haven't seen their dirty bullying tactics as the MSM don't show them.

Can you imagine what the MSM would do if that was Trump supporters bullying and threatening that woman.
(Who has balls of steel btw)

Thank you.

Won't find this on the MSM? Here are some articles on it from the MSM:

The Sun.
Washington Post.
Fox News.
The Daily Mail.
Metro.

As much as it's appalling, my point remains. This is nowhere near comparable to tear gassing a bunch of peaceful protesters so that you can make a public statement.
Reply 24
That egomaniac brought the economy up to the highest it's ever been in the past 50 years. You can't fault him for the pandemic worsening things or make out like it's his fault. Face it, America's far safer in the hands of Trump than the Lefties who control Biden and Harris.

And divided? You're seriously gonna go there?? These rioters and looters under the name of BLM which coincidentally pop up every election year have caused more division than they've helped the black community. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Original post by anarchism101
So Trump must be given the credit for everything good but be absolved of blame for anything bad?

Nothing is ever the Dear Leader's fault. The buck stopped with Obama and continues with Biden.

Reply 25
The RNC’s message: Biden’s America will look like Trump’s America, so ... don’t elect Biden?

Trump’s main campaign argument is this: “You see all this horrible stuff going on right now? If you elect Joe Biden, the horrible things happening in America right now will happen.”

What’s funny is that all the stuff he said in 2016, shortly before he got the job of president, is effectively the same stuff he’s saying now, in 2020, after four years on the job.

Another thing he said in that 2016 speech was this: “I alone can fix it.”

Apparently Trump has not fixed it. Because, according to present-day Trump and a parade of others at the 2020 convention, there are still “images of violence in our streets and the chaos in our communities.”

The only difference is that in 2016, the violence and chaos was President Barack Obama’s fault, and in 2020 the violence and chaos is the fault of Joe Biden, assuming he becomes president.
Reply 26
Original post by Ascend
The RNC’s message: Biden’s America will look like Trump’s America, so ... don’t elect Biden?

Trump’s main campaign argument is this: “You see all this horrible stuff going on right now? If you elect Joe Biden, the horrible things happening in America right now will happen.”

Its certainly a novel bit of electioneering... "we're both bad but my bad is better" I mean he gets props for admitting that he;s a two bit shyster you shouldnt piss on if he were on fire, he loses it again for trying to treat the, admittedly already dence, American electorate as stupid enough to fall for his clap trap.
He did as much when all candidates for the republican runner were on stage together and if I remember correctly Ted Cruise accused him of some nefarious dealings and Trump's response was " Yes, that's right, and you came to my office and I wrote you a cheque for $15,000 and we got along fine after that'.
In other words "My bad for doing x, but your just as bad for doing y"
It's a response that politicians rarely do, especially live on stage and it worked.😱
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 28
Mike Pence: "Make America great again, again."

Between this and CNN's "fiery but mostly peaceful protests", America really is a living, breathing parody.
Original post by SouthBridge24
I got the previous US Election right, Brexit right, past 2 UK elections right (the ones where I was predicting) and I shall now say Donald J Trump shall win the 2020 US Elections!

You're just right-wing.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Theloniouss
You're just right-wing.

I was predicting thank you very much! But yes the right is right :smile: 🙃
Reply 31
Imagine being on either side of what is just a terrible race.

Just go for third party, since if you believe what Republicrats say, a vote for a third party is a vote for their opposing main party, so you can get 3 votes that way!
What are all your opinions when Trump gave that speech on Thrusday and Friday?

Was that not a mass gathering?

If so, I believe America is not going to get better from this virus as there was a massive gatherings of people watching Trump.

Clearly, social distancing was not in place.

its very hard to predict if i am honest.

What do you all reckon?
Reply 33
Original post by Anisha23456789
What are all your opinions when Trump gave that speech on Thrusday and Friday?

Was that not a mass gathering?

If so, I believe America is not going to get better from this virus as there was a massive gatherings of people watching Trump.

Clearly, social distancing was not in place.

its very hard to predict if i am honest.

What do you all reckon?

Trump has effectively given in to the populist creed that science and reason are for evil elites. His fanboys are now booing masks:

Rally-Goers Hit Peak Trump Cult Status as Crowd Boos Mask Wearing Announcement

[video="youtube;YAuFcm6TC-E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAuFcm6TC-E[/video]
Reply 34
Trump really is a **** leader of a liberal democracy. Apparently, this still needs to be pointed out.

Its not as bad as it first seems... the guy they interviewed owns the building that was destroyed, and their family were the creators of the business (which still uses their family name etc.)

I mean, should the president/goverment make it clearer? Yes.. but its not like they picked a random guy, they still spoke to the guy who owns the building that was destroyed.
Reply 37
Trump has just suggested that people vote twice (by mail and in person) to somehow test the system that he claims is rigged. He's encouraging voter fraud.

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1301260204525391872
Original post by Ascend
Trump has just suggested that people vote twice (by mail and in person) to somehow test the system that he claims is rigged. He's encouraging voter fraud.

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1301260204525391872

As usual he was being loose with his language but was obviously suggesting they should try it to test the system, to see if it accepts their name etc. Not even the great orange one would openly tell them to actually vote twice. As usual he's the gift that goes in giving.
Reply 39
Original post by Just my opinion
As usual he was being loose with his language but was obviously suggesting they should try it to test the system, to see if it accepts their name etc. Not even the great orange one would openly tell them to actually vote twice. As usual he's the gift that goes in giving.

Yeah, somehow I don't think a judge is going to accept "I was just trying to test the system your honour!!111!" as an excuse for committing a felony.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending