The Student Room Group

How would I fit my macros in while at university?

so I will be starting my first year of uni and am wondering how would I be able to fit all my macros in?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Focus on protein. You don't actually have to fully count macros.
what is a macro?
Reply 3
Original post by gtty123
Focus on protein. You don't actually have to fully count macros.

Right OK, just that i do boxing and weights so I gotta eat quite alot and I weigh 86kg
Original post by Agent456
Right OK, just that i do boxing and weights so I gotta eat quite alot and I weigh 86kg

If you don't know the exact calorific value then you can estimate by seeing your weight gain/loss. Just make sure you get enough protein, easy to estimate that. You could also cook your own food.
Reply 5

How much calories do you need?
Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES
what is a macro?

In this context a macro is a macronutrient (Carbs, fat, protein).
Reply 7
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
If you don't know the exact calorific value then you can estimate by seeing your weight gain/loss. Just make sure you get enough protein, easy to estimate that. You could also cook your own food.

Am staying home while at uni as I will be studying at my local uni
Reply 8
Original post by gtty123
How much calories do you need?

Maintenance 3k workout days I eat 3.5k
Reply 9
Maintenance 3k workout days I eat 3.5k

Wait, what are your goals?
Reply 10
Check if there’s anywhere nearby that sells large quantity, high-quality meat. When I was at uni there was a Meat Factory nearby which sold large packs of any meat you could think of and it was much cheaper than the supermarkets but consistently good. Not a lot of fat/ waste and wasn’t pumped with water.

Otherwise you’re going to have to bulk up the protein from shakes.

The only other problem will be if you don’t have storage space - fridge/ freezer room, whilst remembering to still be courteous of the other tenants (if you’re sharing).

Fat and carbs shouldn’t really have much of an issue with being at uni.
Reply 11
Original post by gtty123
Wait, what are your goals?

Wanna add mass but still wanna keep my boxing skills/endurance

Before when I just did boxing only I weight 160 pounds so I've bulked up quite abit
Reply 12
Original post by Bexjw
Check if there’s anywhere nearby that sells large quantity, high-quality meat. When I was at uni there was a Meat Factory nearby which sold large packs of any meat you could think of and it was much cheaper than the supermarkets but consistently good. Not a lot of fat/ waste and wasn’t pumped with water.

Otherwise you’re going to have to bulk up the protein from shakes.

The only other problem will be if you don’t have storage space - fridge/ freezer room, whilst remembering to still be courteous of the other tenants (if you’re sharing).

Fat and carbs shouldn’t really have much of an issue with being at uni.

I will be staying home while at uni
Wanna add mass but still wanna keep my boxing skills/endurance

Before when I just did boxing only I weight 160 pounds so I've bulked up quite abit

Ah, ok. Thanks.
Reply 14
I will be staying home while at uni

Then you shouldn’t really change anything. Keep consistent and meal plan around uni.
I usually had 4,000 calories a day whilst doing my undergrad degree. Just plan ahead, make smart food choices and it’s easy enough to fit in. Prioritise.
Reply 16
Original post by Nutritionist
I usually had 4,000 calories a day whilst doing my undergrad degree. Just plan ahead, make smart food choices and it’s easy enough to fit in. Prioritise.

OK thank you

And 4k calories? Damn you must be a big guy
OK thank you

And 4k calories? Damn you must be a big guy

Nope I usually sat between 74-83kg depending on what I was competing at 😅 My maintenance is ridiculous for my weight
Reply 18
Original post by Nutritionist
Nope I usually sat between 74-83kg depending on what I was competing at 😅 My maintenance is ridiculous for my weight

Eh? Am 86kg and my maintenance is 3k and on workout days i eat 3.5k

You got a fast metabolism?
Eh? Am 86kg and my maintenance is 3k and on workout days i eat 3.5k

You got a fast metabolism?

I just train a lot

Quick Reply

Latest