The Student Room Group

Reassessed grades

Hey all, as most of you probably know, BTEC students had their results re done, including myself, but the thing that's confusing me is how they did it.

I'm doing level 3 Business, and initially I was awarded D*DD, but recently I was told my grades were re done, and it turns out that they boosted my grades, by changing my exam results. I did my exams in January and I got Pass on both of them, but now I'm finding out that they were bumped up to D each, even though I didn't have to re sit them.
Has something like this happened to anyone else?
I'm not complaining or bragging, I'm just curious how is it possible for them to change the grades of something that was already done and marked before corona.
Original post by LeMetalhead
Hey all, as most of you probably know, BTEC students had their results re done, including myself, but the thing that's confusing me is how they did it.

I'm doing level 3 Business, and initially I was awarded D*DD, but recently I was told my grades were re done, and it turns out that they boosted my grades, by changing my exam results. I did my exams in January and I got Pass on both of them, but now I'm finding out that they were bumped up to D each, even though I didn't have to re sit them.
I'm not complaining or bragging, I'm just curious how is it possible for them to change the grades of something that was already done and marked before corona.

They had calculated it on the premise that every learner would have resit the exams in May and as such could have improved. The process is at; https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/campaigns/assessment-and-grading-in-2020.html
Reply 2

Luck you. I was predicted D*D*D and was given D*DD. I was hoping yesterday they would give me my predicted but no. My teacher told me that BTEC followed a different procedure to a level and they can’t just give you your CAG.

Honestly I think they f’d me over. I got three merits and one p in my exam and could’ve easily gotten distinctions.

I also compared UMS points on results day with a friend who got D*D*D and I was only two off from him. So even after they recalculated my grade they didn’t boost any units.

Honestly idk what to do, my teacher told me I can’t appeal. Any advice ?!?!
Original post by S1M001
Luck you. I was predicted D*D*D and was given D*DD. I was hoping yesterday they would give me my predicted but no. My teacher told me that BTEC followed a different procedure to a level and they can’t just give you your CAG.

Honestly I think they f’d me over. I got three merits and one p in my exam and could’ve easily gotten distinctions.

I also compared UMS points on results day with a friend who got D*D*D and I was only two off from him. So even after they recalculated my grade they didn’t boost any units.

Unfortunately your teacher is correct and there are no appeals. The only alternative is to resit the exams in January.
Original post by bamtutor
They had calculated it on the premise that every learner would have resit the exams in May and as such could have improved. The process is at; https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/campaigns/assessment-and-grading-in-2020.html

Interesting I didn't know that, thanks.
Original post by S1M001

Damn that sucks, I don't really know how they come up with the grades, hope it gets sorted out for you though!
Reply 6
Damn that sucks, I don't really know how they come up with the grades, hope it gets sorted out for you though!

Yeh it’s unfortunate but thanks anyways man!!
Reply 7
Original post by bamtutor
Unfortunately your teacher is correct and there are no appeals. The only alternative is to resit the exams in January.

Okay fortunately for me I’m taking a gap year to resit another exam but still unfair in my opinion. But thanks for your help!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending