The Student Room Group

Favorite Nintendo Switch game?

Ive been told that Tetris is not a good use of such a gaming console :redface:
In need of suggestions now :lol:

Scroll to see replies

You can't go wrong with the first party stuff as a starting point- Mario Kart 8, Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey and Animal Crossing are all fantastic, depending on the sort of game you want to play.
Reply 2
All look very good, thank you :tongue: Breath of the Wild has caught my eye though it needs a silly amount of storage.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
All look very good, thank you :tongue: Breath of the Wild has caught my eye though it needs a silly amount of storage.

Yeah it's about as large as Switch games get, but the amount of content justifies the size. You could just buy it on cartridge unless there's a big price disparity against downloading it, which in my experience with Switch games isn't usually the case.
Reply 4
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is made by Ubisoft who were granted permission by Nintendo to use Nintendo characters in it. A turn-based battle game, although the battles could have been more interesting by use of setpieces, the game has a beautiful hubworld that'll be a graphical showcase for your Switch. It feels like a solid start to what should get a sequel. Ubisoft also managed to make it feel first party. It's also a steal at just 11.99 instead of its original 49.99 price. Get the Donkey Kong adventure add on too - it's even more fun than the main game. Note - the game even acknowledges that the Rabbids can be annoying. It is no hinderance if you hate them as you can make them purely your enemies. You don't have to have a Rabbid in your team. You always have to have Mario in your team. The game is so slickly produced that it never feels cheap or silly. It also features distinctively Rare-like music from Grant Kirkhope and the whole game is the kind of thing Rare might have made if they'd still been making Nintendo games. Some levels are very hard and the vast majority of levels require intelligence to solve - you will fail quite a lot to start with.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Picnic1
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is made by Ubisoft who were granted permission by Nintendo to use Nintendo characters in it. A turn-based battle game, although the battles could have been more interesting by use of setpieces, the game has a beautiful hubworld that'll be a graphical showcase for your Switch. It feels like a solid start to what should get a sequel. Ubisoft also managed to make it feel first party. It's also a steal at just 11.99 instead of its original 49.99 price. Get the Donkey Kong adventure add on too - it's even more fun than the main game. Note - the game even acknowledges that the Rabbids can be annoying. It is no hinderance if you hate them as you can make them purely your enemies. You don't have to have a Rabbid in your team. You always have to have Mario in your team. The game is so slickly produced that it never feels cheap or silly. It also features distinctively Rare-like music from Grant Kirkhope and the whole game is the kind of thing Rare might have made if they'd still been making Nintendo games. Some levels are very hard and the vast majority of levels require intelligence to solve - you will fail quite a lot to start with.

Thank you, Ill have a peek at all of them :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
My most played games are:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Cooking Mama Cookstar
Pokémon Café Mix (free!)
Pokémon Shield
Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town
Splatoon 2
splatoon 2
mario kart 8 deluxe
breathe of the wild

honestly these are my very top ones 😂😂 cant go wrong
Hoping in not too long I can say Metroid Prime 4, can't wait for that game.Otherwise - probably Odyssey. Played a lot of MK8 too far more than on the Wii U.
my most played is Animal Crossing (no surprise there).

my favourite game right now is Fire Emblem: Three Houses - fantastic story and characters, love the strategic battle gameplay and high replayability.

my favourite multiplayer game is definitely Splatoon 2 - easy to play and super fun!
Original post by Picnic1

Have you played XCOM? (XCOM 2 is on switch) You'll probably like it, this game was basically xcom with less depth, a family-friendly tone and mario/rabbids skin.
Animal crossing is a very relaxing game, would recommend 100%.

It's not unique to switch but Hollow Knight is one of my favourite games of all time, very very good
Original post by _gcx
Have you played XCOM? (XCOM 2 is on switch) You'll probably like it, this game was basically xcom with less depth, a family-friendly tone and mario/rabbids skin.

I'll try it and I'll post my experience. Thanks!

I highly recommend getting an SD card re. storage space :yes:

- pokemon sword/shield
-pokemon lets go pikachu/evee
- lego harry potter collection 1-7
- super mario odyssey
- Luigis Mansion 3
- Animal Crossing (i think you mentioned already having that one though :woo:)

Oh yeah, be careful with splatoon 2 because its basically unplayable if you don't have a nintendo switch online membership (although the actual membership isnt expensive, its not really the point). :smile: its extremely fun to play though
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Chronoscope
I highly recommend getting an SD card re. storage space :yes:

- pokemon sword/shield
-pokemon lets go pikachu/evee
- lego harry potter collection 1-7
- super mario odyssey
- Luigis Mansion 3
- Animal Crossing (i think you mentioned already having that one though :woo:)

Oh yeah, be careful with splatoon 2 because its basically unplayable if you don't have a nintendo switch online membership (although the actual membership isnt expensive, its not really the point). :smile: its extremely fun to play though

Ahead of you there, I got one yesterday :innocent:

Splatoon looks good, is there a way you can play it with the 'split' controllers? Or is it solely online?
Ahead of you there, I got one yesterday :innocent:

Splatoon looks good, is there a way you can play it with the 'split' controllers? Or is it solely online?

I assume you mean like in mario kart when you can have split screen view? :smile:
Unfortunately I don't think you can play splatoon 2 in split screen - really annoying especially since I've learnt that the Wii version allowed it :frown: if you have friends who own their own seperate Switches I believe you can organise a private splatoon match that way though.
Reply 16
Original post by Chronoscope
I assume you mean like in mario kart when you can have split screen view? :smile:
Unfortunately I don't think you can play splatoon 2 in split screen - really annoying especially since I've learnt that the Wii version allowed it :frown: if you have friends who own their own seperate Switches I believe you can organise a private splatoon match that way though.

Yes, that :yep:
Prsom, thank you :smile: Id think the Switch would be an upgrade from the Wii version, thats odd.
So far, it'd have to be DQ11 S: Definitive Edition. :yep:
Reply 18
I got it the other day, completely agree :yes:
are yall boys &girls or just boys

Quick Reply

Latest