The Student Room Group

No periods at 18

Basically I'm 18 but really short like just under 5 foot ...I'm a healthy like not skinny...but if u look at me u wouldnt call me fat however according to the BMI scale I am overweight...I dont eat much....I study all the time..so not much physical activity which results in me being the weight I am..
I went to my doctor at the age of 15 said nuffin to worry about she didnt do no tests ct scans or anything she just said u will be fine let em come naturally.....I also suffer from ibs...I'm not really expecting any medical advice here...jus wondering if this is normal or not?
Original post by tecna
Basically I'm 18 but really short like just under 5 foot ...I'm a healthy like not skinny...but if u look at me u wouldnt call me fat however according to the BMI scale I am overweight...I dont eat much....I study all the time..so not much physical activity which results in me being the weight I am..
I went to my doctor at the age of 15 said nuffin to worry about she didnt do no tests ct scans or anything she just said u will be fine let em come naturally.....I also suffer from ibs...I'm not really expecting any medical advice here...jus wondering if this is normal or not?

Have you been to the doctor about this after the time you went when you were 15?
Personally, I’ve never related to this, but their might be people out there who have, but I definitely think you should go to the doctors about this again
Not having your period yet at 18 is definitely not normal. You absolutely need to see your GP again about this and if they dismiss it again, you just have to see a different GP
I would see your GP again. At 15, ‘wait and see’ is probably the right attitude; at 18, you should be pushing to get this checked out :smile:
Reply 4
I would ring the surgery when they open on Tuesday morning and ask whether the Doctor can call you. At 18, I think that this needs to be investigated.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/early-or-delayed-puberty/
Original post by Kerzen
I would ring the surgery when they open on Tuesday morning and ask whether the Doctor can

Original post by tecna

Oops I forgot to mention I did have them once like earlier this year...but like other signs of puberty are like normal like other girls have em is jus the periods I dont wanna ask the doctors like if I do then she will give me the treatment to get periods...n I hoenslty had them once n it ain't a nice expericne I dont think I want periods...jus wondering if it would Interfere with my health or something...like do I have to go to my gp...
Reply 6
You do need to at least speak to your GP for advice on the phone. I don't know whether your GP is offering surgery appointments at the moment, but there will be a time when the Doctor will want to check that everything is OK physically. I'm wondering whether they will perhaps do an ultrasound of your uterus and ovaries later on to see how things look, in case they can see something on the screen. The other thing they will want to do, I would have thought, is a series of blood tests spread over, say, 30 days, to detect your hormone levels.

It's important to get it looked at, as it might make your chances of osteoporosis when you are older greater.

Could you check when your surgery opens again? It's probably Tuesday morning, I would ring reception when they open and ask whether one of the female GPs could give you a call.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Kerzen
You do need to at least speak to your GP for advice on the phone. I don't know whether your GP is offering surgery appointments at the moment, but there will be a time when the Doctor will want to check that everything is OK physically. I'm wondering whether they will perhaps do an ultrasound of your uterus and ovaries later on to see how things look, in case they can see something on the screen. The other thing they will want to do, I would have thought, is a series of blood tests spread over, say, 30 days, to detect your hormone levels.

It's important to get it looked at, as it might make your chances of osteoporosis when you are older greater.

Could you check when your surgery opens again? It's probably Tuesday morning, I would ring reception when they open and ask whether one of the female GPs could give you a call.

Okay thank youuu I will do thattt

Quick Reply

Latest