The Student Room Group

Uclan Graduate dentistry 2021

Original post by laurajayne95
Hi guys, good luck with your applications! I just wanted to say feel free to ask me anything as I went through the process of applying last year and am starting in Sept 2020, working this year to save some ££! I know how hard/stressful it is so hmu if you need anything :-)

Hi! I’ve just started the application process and I was wondering what type of things I should put in my personal statement in order to make it stand out?

Scroll to see replies

Hi!:smile:
Is there anyone applying for UClan graduate dentistry entry 2021?
Do you know whether the entrance exam will be carried out online or will be postponed?
Thanks for your replies.
Original post by aspireddentist
Hi!:smile:
Is there anyone applying for UClan graduate dentistry entry 2021?
Do you know whether the entrance exam will be carried out online or will be postponed?
Thanks for your replies.

idk I'm not applying to dentistry
Reply 3
Original post by BLuemoon2018
Hi! I’ve just started the application process and I was wondering what type of things I should put in my personal statement in order to make it stand out?

Hey Blue moon,
Just put down the reasons you want to study Dentistry, the qualities you have that would help you be a good dentist. Some examples from your work experience etc
Reply 4
Hey! Yeah, I’ve applied this year and recently taken the admissions test as well. Just waiting on the invitation to interview now :smile:
Original post by Joonself
Hey! Yeah, I’ve applied this year and recently taken the admissions test as well. Just waiting on the invitation to interview now :smile:

Just got one too. So happy although I had to email the admissions tutor.
I booked mine for 16/12 ho about you?:smile:
Reply 6
Just got one too. So happy although I had to email the admissions tutor.
I booked mine for 16/12 ho about you?:smile:

yeah, I've booked mine for the 16th as well! It's cool to finally find someone who's also applying this year :smile:
Reply 7
Hi guys, good luck with your applications! I just wanted to say feel free to ask me anything as I went through the process of applying last year and am starting in Sept 2020, working this year to save some ££! I know how hard/stressful it is so hmu if you need anything :-)

Hello,
Would you mind to share some experiences regarding the interview? I got the invitation to the interview and the details but not really sure how I need to prepare for it. Would be appreciated for that :smile:)
Reply 8
Hi guys, good luck with your applications! I just wanted to say feel free to ask me anything as I went through the process of applying last year and am starting in Sept 2020, working this year to save some ££! I know how hard/stressful it is so hmu if you need anything :-

Hey I’ve just received my invite to the interview and I was wondering if you could give me any advice or tips to keep in mind whilst preparing. Thanks ! :smile:
Reply 9
Hi! I have my UClan interview for 16/12. :smile:
I read the GDC, medical pilars, COVID-19 and dentistry, some current topics and revised my PS.
For me the medic mind Youtube channel helped a lot in covering the main dentistry topics. Also, check the lankashire smiles youtube channel for some advice for uclan. :smile:
For the manual dexterity I will use play dough but haven't decided what I will do LOL.
I emailed admissions today if they can give us a bit more info regarding how the interview will look like. Are we gonna have break rooms in the teams and whether within the 45 min we can have some time to read the scenario and then talk.

Hi, Have u had a reply from admissions yet about the interview?
Hi, Have u had a reply from admissions yet about the interview?

Hi! I emailed them on Friday so fingers crossed they will reply by tomorrow. :smile:
How about you how is your interview prep going? Do you have other interviews too?
Reply 11
Hi! I emailed them on Friday so fingers crossed they will reply by tomorrow. :smile:
How about you how is your interview prep going? Do you have other interviews too?

Oh okay, hopefully they will reply soon :smile: Interview prep is going okay still need to read up a bit more. No don’t have any other interview yet but hopefully I’ll hear back from the other unis soon. How about you?
Oh okay, hopefully they will reply soon :smile: Interview prep is going okay still need to read up a bit more. No don’t have any other interview yet but hopefully I’ll hear back from the other unis soon. How about you?

Wishing you all the best too. I am sure it will go very well!:smile::biggrin:
Same I don't have another interview yet. i got two rejections from Aberdeen and Liverpool due to my low ucat score. I hope that leeds will reply soon with an interview invite. Where else did you apply?
Reply 13
Wishing you all the best too. I am sure it will go very well!:smile::biggrin:
Same I don't have another interview yet. i got two rejections from Aberdeen and Liverpool due to my low ucat score. I hope that leeds will reply soon with an interview invite. Where else did you apply?

Thank you! I also applied to Belfast, Kings and Aberdeen. Wishing you all the best for UCLAN and Leeds!
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you! I also applied to Belfast, Kings and Aberdeen. Already been rejection from Aberdeen. Wishing you all the best for UCLAN and Leeds!

All the best to you too! I really wish that we get a place in uclan since it is a graduate course. :smile::wink:
I just got a reply from uclan admissions regarding my inquiry for the format of the interviews. They said:

Further information will be sent out later today from the DentistryAPL email address. This should explain the process in a little more detail including timings.

We do not use breakout rooms and there will be no time between each interview scenario. The next preparation will lead on immediately after a previous interview, as happens during a standard MMI.

Will that mean that we are gonna have traditional interviews if break rooms will not be present?:frown:
Reply 16
Are we being interviewed individually or in teams? I'm confused
Hi guys,
Just prepping for the UCLAN interview. I thought we only had 2 mins to make the playdough model? However, just went through the info presentation that they sent through and it looks like we have 5 mins?! Can anyone shine any light :smile:?
Original post by ks1013
Are we being interviewed individually or in teams? I'm confused

Individually but we are being interviewed through 'microsoft teams' which is just a video calling app :smile:
Original post by shar_858
Individually but we are being interviewed through 'microsoft teams' which is just a video calling app :smile:

Will each interviewer appear on the screen for 7 min(5+2 min) and then there will be another one appearing up since we don't have break rooms?

Quick Reply

Latest