The Student Room Group

I cant trust people

Due to my past I have a lot of trust issues. I am over it but I think I’ll always have these issues.

This guy I’m seeing , I get paranoid and feel like I can trust him and I should but I’m constantly paranoid when he’s out and if I see any girls round him and automatically think he’ll sleep with them and hurt me like my ex.

I know everyone is different but I JUST CANT HELP IT!

Will I ever be comfortable and be able to trust people. This is making me really *****y and I think it will drive us apart.
What do I do?
Original post by Anonymous
Due to my past I have a lot of trust issues. I am over it but I think I’ll always have these issues.

This guy I’m seeing , I get paranoid and feel like I can trust him and I should but I’m constantly paranoid when he’s out and if I see any girls round him and automatically think he’ll sleep with them and hurt me like my ex.

I know everyone is different but I JUST CANT HELP IT!

Will I ever be comfortable and be able to trust people. This is making me really *****y and I think it will drive us apart.
What do I do?

i dont know your situation, so i cant say if you will ever be comfortable or able to trust people. but have hope, i promise God will take you down the right path. :yep: have you talked to your boyfriend about these feelings at all?
Get help talk with your GP
Reply 3
Original post by chloeebrown09
i dont know your situation, so i cant say if you will ever be comfortable or able to trust people. but have hope, i promise God will take you down the right path. :yep: have you talked to your boyfriend about these feelings at all?

Slightly but not seriously.
U should talk to your GP but personally I think u should tell him about your issues, if he cares about u then he will reassure u, u need to learn that you’re not dating your ex and if u keep comparing him to your ex it will drive him away and could ruin your relationship.
It's quite normal for people to have trust issues after a breakup! But sooner or later u will get over it! It just takes time! I would say you to talk to ur bf seriously about it so he can support u throughout this! If u don't want to say then u should have faith in urself! That is the only way to glue back the broken pieces! Good luck :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Slightly but not seriously.

i would try to talk to him about it more. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending