The Student Room Group

Where to start when looking for a university as an international student?

I am just starting to look at schools to hopefully start in 2021. It is all a very overwhelming process. I want to attend University in England. I was hoping to get some tips from people who have already gone through the process on how they found the schools they really liked and applied to, and what factors to consider. I will be studying Early Childhood Education. Anything helps, I don't really have anybody in my life to help me with this. Thank you so much in advance!! I am from the US.
Reply 1
Do you choose any school? (Do you like a certain school in England, or you just like England)
England is much more safer than US!
Reply 2
Original post by shebk
Do you choose any school? (Do you like a certain school in England, or you just like England)
England is much more safer than US!

i have always been drawn to England for some reason and i’ve never even visited! i’m open to exploring my options but i just have no idea where to start
Reply 3
Original post by Lindsay64
i have always been drawn to England for some reason and i’ve never even visited! i’m open to exploring my options but i just have no idea where to start

So you are in yr 12?
I'm from China. China is also very safe, and tuition fee isn't expensive
Reply 4
Original post by shebk
So you are in yr 12?
I'm from China. China is also very safe, and tuition fee isn't expensive

I am actually in Community College right now
Reply 5
I am actually in Community College right now

You will go to university after college?
Reply 6
Original post by shebk
You will go to university after college?

i want to!! i have to go for my bachelors and masters anyway so i was hoping i could go to england instead of the US because there are no schools in the US that i’m interested in
When you say England do you mean JUST England (excluding wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) or the UK?

The best way to start is to find out what you are predicted to achieve in your end of schooling qualifications and then look to see what universities will accept you with your predicted grades.
You will have to apply through UCAS. You can make up to 5 choices and I strongly advise you make 5 choices. Vary the choices slightly so that you have 2 that are at your predicted grade and 3 that are just below. This is because you can make a firm choice (this is the uni that you will go to if you get the grades) and an insurance choice (the uni you will go to if you don’t get the grades for your firm but get the grades for your insurance).
You can get an idea for how universities rank in the country for your course by using websites such as thecompleteuniversityguide and times higher education. The higher the uni ranks the higher the entry requirements tend to be as a general rule.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
When you say England do you mean JUST England (excluding wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) or the UK?

The best way to start is to find out what you are predicted to achieve in your end of schooling qualifications and then look to see what universities will accept you with your predicted grades.
You will have to apply through UCAS. You can make up to 5 choices and I strongly advise you make 5 choices. Vary the choices slightly so that you have 2 that are at your predicted grade and 3 that are just below. This is because you can make a firm choice (this is the uni that you will go to if you get the grades) and an insurance choice (the uni you will go to if you don’t get the grades for your firm but get the grades for your insurance).
You can get an idea for how universities rank in the country for your course by using websites such as thecompleteuniversityguide and times higher education. The higher the uni ranks the higher the entry requirements tend to be as a general rule.

Thank you so much! At first I was generally just thinking the UK but I think I’ve narrowed it down to England. I will definitely check out the websites, thank you so much!!!!
Reply 9
i want to!! i have to go for my bachelors and masters anyway so i was hoping i could go to england instead of the US because there are no schools in the US that i’m interested in

Which university are you interested in?
Reply 10
Original post by shebk
Which university are you interested in?

i’m not even sure at this point, i’ve just started looking!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending