The Student Room Group

17 year old charged with homicide during riots in America

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Captain Haddock
What about the video that surfaced today showing Kyle beating a girl in the head and kidneys from behind? Clearly he's no angel himself.

I saw that. The video isn’t high quality so there’s no way to be certain it is actually kyle. Though the dude has the same backwards hat, skin tone and physique so I wouldn’t be surprised
Original post by Just my opinion
If Trump wins, even by a decent margin, the violence will continue if not get worse.

Then there's an obvious conclusion - vote for Biden.

Also, very unlikely that Trump will win by a sizable margin. At the stage we're at now, Trump would need a larger polling shift than has ever taken place this late in the campaign just to draw level with Biden in the national popular vote. Now, that's not the same as Trump's chances of winning, because the pro-GOP Electoral College skew means he doesn't need to draw level, he just needs to get within 2-3 or possibly even 4-5 percentage points of Biden. But a clear-cut victory just isn't on the cards at this stage.
Original post by Iñigo de Loyola
https://www.reddit.com/r/Conservative/comments/iifu8e/an_analysis_of_the_criminal_complaint_against/

In short, the only charge he can actually be convicted on is possession of a dangerous weapon by someone under 18.

Having read this and some of the critiques of it, it's very much a legal argument written for a judge already sympathetic to an expansive view of gun rights. And maybe he'll get one. But maybe he won't. Also somewhat relies on no further information damaging to Rittenhouse's case coming out - e.g. messages giving further support to an argument he travelled to Kenosha with malicious motive.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 83
It doesn't. But equally what does anyone's background have to do with anything?

You said that 'either way' you wouldn't have much sympathy. I took that to mean even if it wasn't self defence, you wouldn't feel too bad about it. So now it turns out Kyle is a woman beater, surely you don't feel too bad about him being attacked by a mob, either?

Are you comparing an allegation of scuffles with a protestor to those os a convicted paedophile and other serial criminals who tried to murder a kid?
Well as you have yet to actually show any evidence of this allegation... Equally, being "a woman beater" is not a crime in of itself. At touch sexist to say that its okay to fight men and not women though, no?
Original post by Napp
Are you comparing an allegation of scuffles with a protestor to those os a convicted paedophile and other serial criminals who tried to murder a kid?
Well as you have yet to actually show any evidence of this allegation... Equally, being "a woman beater" is not a crime in of itself. At touch sexist to say that its okay to fight men and not women though, no?

Completely forgot about that. Is it right or wrong to fight women? I’ve seen so much talk about equality that I wonder if people are happy to accept the negatives to that side? Personally though, I just couldn’t bring myself to hit a woman
Reply 85
Original post by Siciliano
Completely forgot about that. Is it right or wrong to fight women? I’ve seen so much talk about equality that I wonder if people are happy to accept the negatives to that side? Personally though, I just couldn’t bring myself to hit a woman

True say on that. Although on this i was more pointing out the dubious reasoning behind creating a false equivalence between a scuffle with some girl (if its the video i just saw it appears she went for him first anyway?) and defending himself from, quite literally, a violent mob of sex offenders and wife beaters :lol:
I mean i do agree with you as a general point i wouldnt hit a woman but i do take exception to it being used as a point to try and slander the kid here, and he is a kid after all.
Original post by Napp
True say on that. Although on this i was more pointing out the dubious reasoning behind creating a false equivalence between a scuffle with some girl (if its the video i just saw it appears she went for him first anyway?) and defending himself from, quite literally, a violent mob of sex offenders and wife beaters :lol:
I mean i do agree with you as a general point i wouldnt hit a woman but i do take exception to it being used as a point to try and slander the kid here, and he is a kid after all.

Well said. I feel like people are desperately trying to slander Kyle because of some weird political agenda or something I’m not sure. I don’t see how he’s the bad guy here? It just feels like a minority of people are racist towards whites so when they see a white guy successfully defending himself from a mob, they get angry and call him a white supremacist or something. Really bizarre what politics does to a person lol
Original post by Napp

This video? Nobody 'goes for him' lol
Original post by anarchism101
Personally, I don't see the unrest in the US ending without a "clean" win for one party or other - i.e. that one party wins both the popular and electoral votes in the presidential election, and takes both houses of Congress, without any real irregularities or legal machinations clouding the result.

It's very unlikely indeed, near enough impossible that the GOP can manage this. At present I'd say it's probably more likely the Democrats manage it than not, but certainly a good chance that they don't. Possibly the worst-case scenario for stability is Trump losing the popular vote by a good margin but managing to narrowly eke out an Electoral College win, combined with the GOP very narrowly holding onto the Senate 51-49 or even 50-50 with Pence as tiebreaker. Unfortunately, this is a very plausible outcome.

Yeah, all a clean Trump win would do is lead to another round of #notmypresident complaining and more ”fiery but mostly peaceful protests”.
Reply 89
This video? Nobody 'goes for him' lol

I saw it from a different angle, my bad.

Either way, what does it have to do with the original point given this cannot in any conceivable way be related to his defending himself from murderous rioters?
Reply 90
So there's been a fatal shooting in Portland. The victim is reportedly far right. It'll be interesting to see how the left and right realign their grievances and apologia over this one.
Original post by Ascend
So there's been a fatal shooting in Portland. The victim is reportedly far right. It'll be interesting to see how the left and right realign their grievances and apologia over this one.

What makes him far right?
Original post by Napp
I saw it from a different angle, my bad.

Either way, what does it have to do with the original point given this cannot in any conceivable way be related to his defending himself from murderous rioters?

About as much as anybody else's background has to do with the situation.
Reply 93
About as much as anybody else's background has to do with the situation.

So in other words you're not making a point at all? Glad we got that cleared up i guess?
Original post by Napp
So in other words you're not making a point at all? Glad we got that cleared up i guess?

So we agree. Bringing up the backgrounds of those involved doesn't serve any useful purpose.
Reply 95
Original post by Siciliano
What makes him far right?

"The man who was shot and killed was wearing a hat with the insignia of Patriot Prayer, a far-right group based in Portland that has clashed with protesters in the past."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/30/us/portland-trump-rally-shooting.html
Reply 96
So we agree. Bringing up the backgrounds of those involved doesn't serve any useful purpose.

Umm seeing as i used it solely to say i didnt have any sympathy for them getting themselves shot it has a very useful purpose. I think you're confusing me justifying them being shot because theyre a bunch of violent rapists and me simply not caring that they did.
Original post by Napp
Umm seeing as i used it solely to say i didnt have any sympathy for them getting themselves shot it has a very useful purpose. I think you're confusing me justifying them being shot because theyre a bunch of violent rapists and me simply not caring that they did.

Yet you seem to care plenty about Kyle finding himself assailed by a mob despite his violent past. The real purpose seems to be to provide some sort of emotional gratification. I mean just look at the escalation of the language you're using. "Bunch of violent rapists?" Only one of the three people he shot had a record of sexual crime. The one shot in the arm only has a record of petty crime.
Reply 98
Yet you seem to care plenty about Kyle finding himself assailed by a mob despite his violent past. The real purpose seems to be to provide some sort of emotional gratification. I mean just look at the escalation of the language you're using. "Bunch of violent rapists?" Only one of the three people he shot had a record of sexual crime. The one shot in the arm only has a record of petty crime.

Heaven forfend the idea i dont agree with a child being murdered by rioters?

Again, what exactly is your point here? Or is it simply with me using accurate, if crude, descriptions of the rioters?
Whats more interesting is you seem to be implying that the kid had this coming due to a childhood bout of fisticuffs (which you cannot honestly try and compare to these three serial, and serious, criminals who have long rap sheets for kiddie fiddling and violence). To be honest it seems frightfully dishonest for you to try and draw a moral equivalence between the two despite them obviously being nothing alike.
Hmm whats difference between the guy shot in Portland last night?

One defended himself after being attacked

The other was hunted down and shot in chest..

You barely see a peep from the Democrat party about all the v iolence going on in their cities thats why they'll lose the election

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending