The Student Room Group

Is it too late to get good grades in Year 13?

Hi, so in Year 12 I attended lessons, made notes and listened etc. However at home and in my frees I did little to no work. I am now going into Year 13 (which i am dreading btw), is it too late for me to get good grades (AAA), while I am working at a CCD? I plan on doing 4 hours of revision at home and use ALL of my free periods beginning of year 13. Is it too late?
Original post by tomp03_
Hi, so in Year 12 I attended lessons, made notes and listened etc. However at home and in my frees I did little to no work. I am now going into Year 13 (which i am dreading btw), is it too late for me to get good grades (AAA), while I am working at a CCD? I plan on doing 4 hours of revision at home and use ALL of my free periods beginning of year 13. Is it too late?

If you get your head down and put the effort in anything's possible, especially if you're just going into year 13 :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by hope1279
If you get your head down and put the effort in anything's possible, especially if you're just going into year 13 :smile:

Hopefully 👍
Reply 3
bump
Yes, it's possible but remember it's not just about how much work you do, it's about the quality of your work. Make sure you do lots of exam questions so you know how to get the marks available. If your subjects are content heavy, then flashcards might be a good idea. You'll also need to split your time between year 12 and year 13 content so you can consistently revise both years of content.
Reply 5
Original post by Emily5243
Yes, it's possible but remember it's not just about how much work you do, it's about the quality of your work. Make sure you do lots of exam questions so you know how to get the marks available. If your subjects are content heavy, then flashcards might be a good idea. You'll also need to split your time between year 12 and year 13 content so you can consistently revise both years of content.

The only subject that I do that is "Content Heavy" would be History, and I have made like 10 flashcards for one topic. And there is a total of 24 Topics per History topic, so a total of 48 Topics. Do i still have time??
Original post by tomp03_
The only subject that I do that is "Content Heavy" would be History, and I have made like 10 flashcards for one topic. And there is a total of 24 Topics per History topic, so a total of 48 Topics. Do i still have time??

Of course. It will be tough because of the fact that you didn't do much in year 12 but if you really want to improve your grades, then you can. You might just have to put in more hours than the people who did lots of work in year 12.

Quick Reply

Latest