The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What sort of resource are you looking for?
The application process is the same as for domestic students.
The resources should be the same.
It’s just much much more competitive for int’l students as there are fewer places.
Visas? Where to apply? Which courses? What grades? How to get scholarship?
Fees?
Visa, fees, scholarship - pretty sure most of that info is on the uni web sites.
Original post by John Wick11
What sort of resource are you looking for?
The application process is the same as for domestic students.
The resources should be the same.
It’s just much much more competitive for int’l students as there are fewer places.

Visa, fees, scholarship - pretty sure most of that info is on the uni web sites.

Agree fully with this.

I am an international student myself and I remember poring through loads of websites. But they all had the info that you (OP) have asked for. If you were looking for a mega compilation table that someone has done, then I'm afraid there isn't such a thing, or at least I've not seen it myself so far.

For scholarships, apart from the uni website, remember to check with your own government, as they might have something too.

Apart from that, if you still have any questions that was not answered on the unis' websites, then perhaps ask it within the specific uni's forum on TSR, so that it's more likely for people to pick it up. Alternatively, e-mail the relevant admissions office (although they may be pretty busy at the moment.)
Reply 6
Hello.I am from Oman and I’m currently in grade 12 under the CBSE curriculum.I was thinking of applying to the Lincoln pathway(A10L).Does anyone know their UCAT threshold and the number of international applicants that get accepted each year
Original post by medicwanna_b
Hey guys,

Any international students in here? I was just wondering if you guys had any good resources are that specific for international students? I see lots of resources for domestic applicants but none for internationals... any help?

Hey @medicwanna_b

Hoping this will help you out! I completely understand it must be tricky finding all the information you may need so I have given a link straight to our dedicated International Page. We have a specific International team who are on hand to support too so please don't hesitate to get in touch!

www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/studywithus/internationalstudents/

Have a lovely weekend

Lewis :smile:
Reply 8
Hi I'd like to know if there's anyone who's french and wants to study medicine in the UK or is a french student who managed to enter a UK medical school
Original post by hxneyb
Hi I'd like to know if there's anyone who's french and wants to study medicine in the UK or is a french student who managed to enter a UK medical school

Better off posting in the medicine section
Reply 10
This year my friend plans to transfer to another university on 3 year. I worry that it will be difficult for him to study in English, because for the first 2 years he studied in his native language and doesn't know English so well. He faced the first problems when he began to prepare documents. He wrote a good admission essay, but he had to go to the proof reading service so that they could correct his scrambled errors (maybe this service is also useful to someone here, here is their website https://www.essayedge.com/mba-essay-editing/ ). I could not help him with this because I did not study medicine and could not correctly translate some terms and expressions. As far as I understood, he greatly changed his text so that everything was written correctly. Do you think this is a big problem for a foreign student to study medicine in English?
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi everyone ! I'm an International student and now I'm studying A level . I didn't study GCSE in Uk .( I did my secondary school in my hometown ) I want to apply Medicine this year but I don't have Gcse grades . Could I apply to Medice without GCSE ? or which university should I apply for ? Thanks
Hey, this might be one for the medicine 2021 applicants thread.

You should check the universities’ websites and possibly email them - I’m sure you can apply, but you’ll need to check they accept whatever qualifications you do have.
I would like to know if University of Leicester is a good place to study medicine for international students. Thank you !!!!
Hey everyone! I just wanted to know if there any fellow Malaysians that are currently doing A-levels and are interested to study medicine in the UK. In my current cohort in college I am the only one interested in studying medicine in university. Maybe we can connect with each other and share our experiences/ journey to getting accepted into a UK university. Thanks! :smile:
I'm not Malaysian or studying medicine (doing Veterinary Med, hopefully) but I hope you find some others to connect with on here. Good luck! <3
Original post by Bootleg22
I am a 12th grader studying in the Indian syllabus, I would like to know what range of predicted scores I would need to receive serious consideration?(A few people told me 97-98%)

You best bet is to hunt about on uni websites to see how/if they consider your qualifications, and email them if you can't find out that way? Sorry I can't advise more.
Good luck :smile:
Reply 17
Hi everyone just wondering what if we cannot attend the interviews? I mean if I got 3 interviews I'll have to travel a lot since I also have to travel for my admission and English tests Is it possible that the universities do online interviews?
Some do, some don’t. Best check the admission webpages for details, or if the detail is missing best write to them to ask.
Reply 19
Some do, some don’t. Best check the admission webpages for details, or if the detail is missing best write to them to ask.

Thanksss

Latest

Trending

Trending