The Student Room Group

How do you feel about the start of term?

Are you excited? Worried?

What changes is your school/university making?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Muttley79

Hi,
I am actually not really sure, as we haven't been told much since the summer term. I am going into year 13 and as the school is very big, will be spending 1 week at school followed by 1 week online learning. They have also changed the lesson structure with there now being only a max of 2 lessons per day, each being 2 hours. I am not really excited or worried, just waiting to see what is going to happen? What about you?
stressed for mocks in 2 weeks..
Reply 3
Original post by tande33
Hi,
I am actually not really sure, as we haven't been told much since the summer term. I am going into year 13 and as the school is very big, will be spending 1 week at school followed by 1 week online learning. They have also changed the lesson structure with there now being only a max of 2 lessons per day, each being 2 hours. I am not really excited or worried, just waiting to see what is going to happen? What about you?

We are organising each year group as a bubble and trying to keep them separate at breaks/lunchtimes.

However, a lot of our students come in on buses so I'm not sure how bubbles will work.with that!
Reply 4
I have no feeling

Spoiler

scared ****less
(edited 3 years ago)
I am very nervous that I won’t be able to keep up with the workload at university. I am determined to try my best and throw myself into the content, but I am still a bit stressed nonetheless.
Reply 7
Original post by 000_0000
I have no feeling

Spoiler

Sorry to hear that - what changes is your school making? :smile:
Reply 8
terrified i start in 3 days
the only changes i've been made aware of is that we enter the premises at different times and each year is assigned to a specific place for lunch, break etc etc
Reply 9
Original post by ucasguy17

Will these determine your predicted grades?
Reply 10
Original post by Yas031119
terrified i start in 3 days
the only changes i've been made aware of is that we enter the premises at different times and each year is assigned to a specific place for lunch, break etc etc

Love your avatar unsurprisingly :smile:

I think it will feel strange at first but everyone [including staff] is going to feel 'different' - it sounds as if your school is being very sensible.
Reply 11
Sorry to hear that - what changes is your school making? :smile:

we all in school group bubbles and im starting yr 12 and i heard it's really hard

I’m super excited to go into year 12
Reply 13
Original post by 000_0000
we all in school group bubbles and im starting yr 12 and i heard it's really hard

Which A levels are you taking? There's lots of support on here :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Nosequeponer
I’m super excited to go into year 12

I think Sixth form is best part of school :smile:

Which A levels are you studying?
I think Sixth form is best part of school :smile:

Which A levels are you studying?

Criminology law sociology and Spanish, I’ve looked into the courses and I’ve been doing “homework” of each course and I’ve loved it . What about you ?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by nightingalegend
scared ****less

Sorry to hear that :console:

I think it will feel strange at first but you'll feel OK after a while I'm sure :smile:

Anxious cos I'm starting A levels and I cant remember what being at school feels like but looking forward to seeing ppl and doing stuff again.

Staggered starts and ends and having year group "bubbles"
Reply 18
Original post by cloud_9_
Anxious cos I'm starting A levels and I cant remember what being at school feels like but looking forward to seeing ppl and doing stuff again.

Staggered starts and ends and having year group "bubbles"

I think a lot of students will feel like that :smile:

Even teachers that have been in will feel it's very different ... which A levels are you taking?
Original post by ucasguy17

Same tbh but I really want to go back to school

Quick Reply

Latest