The Student Room Group

Law transfer

I know many law schools do not allow transfers into second year. What if I get first class grades in my first year, would that make any difference? Both the universities I am from and wish to transfer to are Russell Group universities. Of course one can easily assume that I wish to transfer to a somewhat higher ranking one.
Original post by gabriel001
I know many law schools do not allow transfers into second year. What if I get first class grades in my first year, would that make any difference? Both the universities I am from and wish to transfer to are Russell Group universities. Of course one can easily assume that I wish to transfer to a somewhat higher ranking one.

Not enough information really, so I will say no.

Depends on from where to where which you havent really disclosed.
Also depends on other things ,like policy, space and grades.

I prefer not to assume anything but like people to give me the facts so I can make an informed assessment.

Why not just contact your mystery university and ask them or look for their transfer policy?

If you arent happy with your current uni, then resit.
If they 'no transfers' that is actually what they mean......
Why would you want to transfer?
Original post by Euphoria101
Why would you want to transfer?

My guess would be they want a place at an elite and performed slightly less well so went to an insurance.
Original post by 999tigger
My guess would be they want a place at an elite and performed slightly less well so went to an insurance.

But even if you get a first/high 2.1 in your first year, do unis not look at A-Level grades?
Original post by Euphoria101
But even if you get a first/high 2.1 in your first year, do unis not look at A-Level grades?

Yes, but there might be one grade in it and lifting yourself up to a first might show improvement.
Without knowing the unis it doesnt help, but as said above no means no and there are laso practical issues as to why many unis dont like doing transfers. OP knows the unis concerned. OP could have resat A levels.
Reply 7

No actually. I've got AAB. Could have gotten in. I just didn't apply. Because of stupid reasons I must admit. :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)
No actually. I've got AAB. Could have gotten in. I just didn't apply. Because of stupid reasons I must admit. :frown:

I cant say as I dont know the unis concerned.
Bear in mind their policy on transfers.
Not sure AAB will cut it if its an elite you are after.
Reply 9
I cant say as I dont know the unis concerned.
Bear in mind their policy on transfers.
Not sure AAB will cut it if its an elite you are after.

OK, I'll give some more details. I'm in a Russell Group university and it's Manchester I wish to transfer to. Is Manchester consider an elite? So have you heard anything about their transfer history, you think its possible? What if I get first class in my first year?
OK, I'll give some more details. I'm in a Russell Group university and it's Manchester I wish to transfer to. Is Manchester consider an elite? So have you heard anything about their transfer history, you think its possible? What if I get first class in my first year?

I think it's unlikely Manchester will let you transfer unless you happen to study the same first year modules at your current uni but as always, only Manchester Admissions can say for sure
Reply 11
Original post by harrysbar
I think it's unlikely Manchester will let you transfer unless you happen to study the same first year modules at your current uni but as always, only Manchester Admissions can say for sure

What if only one subject is different? Would they do that bit of shuffle? And if I had special circumstances and cry a river about it, would that help?
What if only one subject is different? Would they do that bit of shuffle? And if I had special circumstances and cry a river about it, would that help?

Again, you'd have to contact Manchester admissions. Just send them a quick email and ask.

As Euphoria says but crying a river about it won't help
Original post by harrysbar
As Euphoria says but crying a river about it won't help

looooooool

op manchester wont care that you cry, if it doesnt work logistically then it doesnt work. Nothing can change that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending