The Student Room Group

have you heard about Hong Kong?

hi guys~
I'm a 15 years old girl from Hong Kong.
I was born in hk and also grow up in hk.
I came to this platform/app(?) cause i wanna learn more English and learn more about UK~
Anyway~ if you guys is interested about hk, please ask me questions, I would told you as much as i can!
(p.s. I'm so sorry for my poor English ._.)

Scroll to see replies

Yes, I have definitely heard of Hong Kong! While I don't know much about it myself, a lot of what I've heard recently has been to do with protests and China's laws to limit freedom of speech which is quite sad...

On a lighter note, what is your favourite thing about Hong Kong? I'm happy to answer some of your questions on the UK also! :bubbles:
Original post by mel1morley
Yes, I have definitely heard of Hong Kong! While I don't know much about it myself, a lot of what I've heard recently has been to do with protests and China's laws to limit freedom of speech which is quite sad...

On a lighter note, what is your favourite thing about Hong Kong? I'm happy to answer some of your questions on the UK also! :bubbles:

Thanks for your replying.
I'm so proud of hk, I've been few time to the parade with my classmates and even with my parents. HKers are really brave, we're trying our best to protect our home and fight the CCP. #fight4freedom #standwithhk

HK has a lot of things that i love, but the best is the food here. They are REALLY good, I mean REALLY!!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by it's jasmine
hi guys~
I came to this platform/app(?) cause i wanna learn more English and learn more about UK~
Anyway~ if you guys is interested about hk, please ask me questions, I would told you as much as i can!

Keep your thread alive and ask about the UK if needed.
Seems to be a frightening time in HK with the conflict with the mainland government.
Protests have been very brave and well organised.

Is everything running normally now, just with face masks?
Original post by 999tigger
Keep your thread alive and ask about the UK if needed.
Seems to be a frightening time in HK with the conflict with the mainland government.
Protests have been very brave and well organised.

Is everything running normally now, just with face masks?

yes, every thing was ok here. I've starts my online school today. Hope that covid-19 will gone soon as possible 🙏🏻.
How about uk, is everything alright? Do you guys have enough face mask? Please take care of yourself 💞
hiii
this is random but what is your favourite food from your country?
Everyone in Britains heard of Hong Kong, we have a very close past and your protests are regularly in our news. The nation backs you!
Original post by rxyaltyx
hiii
this is random but what is your favourite food from your country?

hummm, there was a lot food that i like but i would say my favourite is "BBQ pork and chicken on rice". In Cantonese is"叉雞飯". The pork taste honey sweet, and with the soy sauce chicken. I know it heard kinda weird but it tastes really good
hummm, there was a lot food that i like but i would say my favourite is "BBQ pork and chicken on rice". In Cantonese is"叉雞飯". The pork taste honey sweet, and with the soy sauce chicken. I know it heard kinda weird but it tastes really good

it sounds really nice

download-compressed.jpeg
it's a really common food in HK!
it sounds really nice

How about in uk, what's your favourite food. I think I only heard about fish and chips 🙈
Thanks for your replying.
I'm so proud of hk, I've been few time to the parade with my classmates and even with my parents. HKers are really brave, we're trying our best to protect our home and fight the CCP. #fight4freedom #standwithhk

HK has a lot of things that i love, but the best is the food here. They are REALLY good, I mean REALLY!!!

Been to HK a few times, a great place. Did a few hikes up Sharp Peak, Lantau Buddha to Tai O, .... as well as the usual tourist stuff. Welcome to tsr.
How about in uk, what's your favourite food. I think I only heard about fish and chips 🙈

we have really nice pie and mash :biggrin:
hi guys~

Hello welcome to TSR ╰(*°▽°*)╯
Original post by 2_versions
Everyone in Britains heard of Hong Kong, we have a very close past and your protests are regularly in our news. The nation backs you!

Thank you very much😍 HK really needs international's attention.
Original post by SuperiorPotato
Hello welcome to TSR ╰(*°▽°*)╯

thank you (人*´∀`)。*゚+
we have really nice pie and mash :biggrin:

awww I really wanna try it!!!
thank you (人*´∀`)。*゚+

Do you live in HK right now? *^____^* Btw we're the same age. I have a friend from HK here @neko no basu
hi guys~

Hii~
I'm from HK too so just wanted to say hi :h: but I live in the UK
Original post by mqb2766
Been to HK a few times, a great place. Did a few hikes up Sharp Peak, Lantau Buddha to Tai O, .... as well as the usual tourist stuff. Welcome to tsr.

Welcome to HK too! what do you think about Hong Kong, do you think they're too busy and walking so fast?

Quick Reply

Latest